• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes apparently all the units at harmony park (terrace) are sold out. Same goes for ujana. But there will be a new condo called resort suites to be launched soon located behind Ujana

The new condo is Crescent, that should be launching by July. Please do visit my web-blog at www.puterim.com. I got the whisper last week and announced it immediately, as so many people seem to be interested in apartments more than houses .. That makes sense if security is everything, and gardening is not your cup of tea.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Police Force are still using Gurkha soldiers today and they are really fierce, super fit, well-disciplined and ultra brave.

I remember one house break-in incident which happened in Singapore and our police force activated more than 300 police officers to capture the 3 armed robbers as the police believed that those 3 were hiding in the forested area beside the house which they broken into. The police cordoned off the entire forested area to prevent their escape(which was why they needed more than 300 officers). In the end, they decided to send the Gurkha soldiers into the forest to make the arrest and the brave Gurkha soldiers arrested the 3 armed robbers successfully. Why didn't they send Singaporean policemen? I'll leave that up to your imagination.

All gated communities in Iskandar region should employ Gurkhas instead of weak old folks just to take down IC no. or to clock their routine patrol rounds.

Straits Security which has the security contract at most of the cheaper new developments... uses teenagers. I guess the contract might be a cheap one... hence the teenagers at work. The idea is probably just having an "eye" for the development. It is a good thing the newer developments are getting buyers to sign covenants... there is this place called Kiara Hills towards the end of Nusa Idaman... i have a feeling they could not get residents to pay the fees... the security post is no longer manned.

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup mallow. I do visit your website from time to time :smile: Any indicative psf pricing as yet?

yes apparently all the units at harmony park (terrace) are sold out. Same goes for ujana. But there will be a new condo called resort suites to be launched soon located behind Ujana

The new condo is Crescent, that should be launching by July. Please do visit my web-blog at www.puterim.com. I got the whisper last week and announced it immediately, as so many people seem to be interested in apartments more than houses .. That makes sense if security is everything, and gardening is not your cup of tea.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

The bumi lot left in tranquility park i reserved (but did nt bring cheque book so its only verbal agreement)

Anyone has any idea on the procedures for such bookings using cheques? Is it safe and are Singapore cheques valid?

Yes you can give them a S$ cheque. They would suggest a more conservative rate. For my case they did not refund me for the RM400+ excess when the cheque cleared in their account, instead they credited into the maintenance fund... presumably when the property is ready the credit will be reflected... hence i get only a receipt. I have yet to recheck with them as i would very much prefer getting the difference in cash.

In case you have other commitments and there is risk in the present loan coming in lesser than you wished or not approved, their verbal commitment is to refund you with RM500 admin fee... but they will not do that in writing.

Indeed aiming for bumi release units are the pockets of opportunities now. I don't know how much they price these bumi release units, but i suspect it will be cheaper than those very daring 1.4m pricing announced elsewhere.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Contra, Wuqi, AP, Investor, Cathy and all

Indeed i fully agree this is a forum for honest sharing, both the positive and negative aspects... if i have offended anyone in my chiding do accept my apologies.

Lastly, i would like to think we can make a difference to Living in JB... whether via a community voice or otherwise :smile:

Hey no worries man LeMans, your comments weren't harsh and I wasn't angry at all. I'm not trying to act like a saint as I do get really pissed with people who are rude to me and shoot vulgarities or sarcastic remarks at me directly. _l_#@&%$&*?)(

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor

When you purchased your first property in Malaysia, did they take into consideration any outstanding housing loans that you had at that point in time in Singapore?

Yes they did ask me whether I have other outstanding loans in Sg and I revealed to them honestly. I don't know whether or not they are able to find out by themselves though, if that's what you want to know.

Hi BalikKampung, quoted the above just in case you've missed my reply as you were still waving and asking whether or not we saw your replies =D Haha lol.

Last edited:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup mallow. I do visit your website from time to time :smile: Any indicative psf pricing as yet?

Glad to trot over on Monday morning to the main sales office to enquire, and also ask if any other info is available. I remember that the showflat was meant to be ready earlier but was delayed.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone here have practical experience on taking CW3 to Jurong East. How long is the journey and what time would i have to leave the house to get to Jurong East by around 820am?

The actual journey from Gelang Patah is, of course, less than 20 minutes, BUT ... you have to take into account the immigration/customs on both sides AND whether there is a jam on either side of the second link causeway. An hour is usually safe, but can be a nightmare 2 1/2 hours. [Make that 3 hours on a bad Sunday night, standing all the way]

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
[
Have you started rent out your place?

Nope I've decided to move in within these 2 months so will be renting out my hdb after that.

By the way, Cathylmg/Prof, there is a good bakuteh place at your place, near to the Cherie Hearts preschool there. There is also a good Indian food place as well.

I'm a vegetarian so I only have vegetarian ones. Btw, there is a vegetarian coffee shop called 'Liang Tai' at Setia Tropika facing the the Government Building. Their cook is from 'Fo You Yuan'. They are into Hakka food. They have "Hum Cha" which was quite nice, Hakka Abacus as well as many other Hakka dishes. I like it because I'm Hakka. LOL!

Another good place for lacta-Ova vegetarian food is VegeCafe at Sutera Utama. Its at the shop houses. They have both western as well as local cuisines. I especially like the Special Nasi Lemak(although they have normal Nasi Lemak), the chilli is really nice. Very different from the normal ones. And the mock fried chicken taste like KFC. Thumbs up for this. The bake rice is also nice. There is a bakery section as well. I would buy their bread for breakfast next day. Sometimes they have eggless cake. They also have vegetarian buffet at certain time of the month, but I have forgotten when.

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a Singaporean, the money changer can only deposit RM10k per day into your loan account in Malaysia(daily limit for deposit into an account under a foreigner's name). So even if you give them SG20k, they still need 5 days to deposit all RM48k. You can reduce your risk by doing RM10k at a time, which is about SG$4.2k. You can check via internet banking to confirm the deposit before doing the next RM10k. Thus your risk is losing SG$4.2k instead of SG$20k if they really closed down.

Thanks Investor & LeMans2011. Will go check them out. The daily limit makes good sense to self-impose.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Contra, i am over here for the long haul, reports of crime will not deter me. A neighbour remarked to me that how come Singaporeans who have travelled the world, even in countries where guns are more widely carried then mobile phones yet are scared of a place like Johore. Certain areas are still ok at night as i roam the nights here.

Hi Wuqi,
Yar, come to think of it, funny how that is so.
Our subconsciousness must have been messed up. Time to break the chain once and for all, cast aside along with the old guards.

Indeed there are enough crime in Singapore for Media Corp to even start a new season of Crimewatch last week!
Actually my comment on doing sensible thing if coming back very late from Singapore to JB was a reference to a brother a few pages back who was concerned that on occasions his wife worked till past midnight and had to come back and asking for options. I think we guys in general, no worries, but when it comes to the ladies, a little extra precaution will be appropriate since the 2nd link quieter than the causeway.

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who like bakuteh, there is a place open until 2am in the morning at Sutera Mall, near the Suan Bee Hotel and the dentist (Lou, i believe)
Not sure whether they still are open till 2am these days but i remembered that they do.
I have tried quite a nice Bak Ku Teh at Jalan Indah 16/12. It is quite a small place there but it tastes good.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The actual journey from Gelang Patah is, of course, less than 20 minutes, BUT ... you have to take into account the immigration/customs on both sides AND whether there is a jam on either side of the second link causeway. An hour is usually safe, but can be a nightmare 2 1/2 hours. [Make that 3 hours on a bad Sunday night, standing all the way]

Hi friends,

Appreciate opinions/advice.

1) I will be driving back from JB to Singapore via 2nd link on the upcoming Easter Sunday 24 April at night. What time in your opinion would the jam normally recede?

2) Alternatively if I stay overnight in JB and come back Monday morning, what time will be best to avoid the Monday peak?

I am happy to take answers of either or both.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi friends,

Appreciate opinions/advice.

1) I will be driving back from JB to Singapore via 2nd link on the upcoming Easter Sunday 24 April at night. What time in your opinion would the jam normally recede?

2) Alternatively if I stay overnight in JB and come back Monday morning, what time will be best to avoid the Monday peak?

I am happy to take answers of either or both.

I think up till 10pm it will be packed given this is a long weekend, after 12 midnight will be a safe bet... morning might be crowded as well.
Be warned when you go in on Thursday night or Friday morning. I had been stuck for more than 2 hours before, on the eve of a long weekend.

Last edited:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
For new property buyers, do remember to check a few things:

1. Your manhole prior to start of renovation
2. Tiny hairline cracks on the walls and on the tiles including bathroom ones or large marks on the parquet (if they provide)
3. Its also good to visit a place (if buying resale) to go there on rainy days and look at the ceiling above for telltale signs of leakage.

I have pretty good tenants (so far, touch wood), some have leaks in the kitchen and informed us so we paid (after the 2 year defect period already) a sum to fix it.
They have to tear open a hole to check thoroughly, the price for a small check is about 150RM. Do try to get the original contractor from the developer side where possible, cheaper plus they know what to expect.

Check electrical wiring r in working condition for switches n 3 pin plug. Dump a few tissues n toilet rolls to see if toilet bowl gets choke. Silding door for ground n top floor change as with time their aluminum lock with crack n become useless. Dun be like me.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mallow, the new condo crescent...is it like Ujana concept i.e. service apt? I did not take up Ujana cos the mthly maintenance fee too high. Eat away my yield.

Last edited:

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
house,
I related this incident to tell the professionalism of the gurkha guards, and what you might encounter on the road sometimes. In fact i was not driving slowly at all, the lorry was trying to perform his "bullying" stunt against an SG plated car when i slowed down a little for the potholes. I will be the last person on earth to road hog as i simply hate road hoggers. The way to Gelang Patah is through some rather uneven roads with motocycle whizzing into roads here and there. It is not the road to drive at 120kmh no matter what are the circumstances. I admit driving turn us into road hooligan occasionally, that is something i try to remind myself.

:smile: take care on the road...
some driver are really bad and bullish....

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mallow, the new condo crescent...is it like Ujana concept i.e. service apt? I did not take up Ujana cos the mthly maintenance fee too high. Eat away my yield.
I don't yet know anything more than I have reported. Tomorrow morning I'll go over to the sales office and enquire, then give you all as much info as they are willing to reveal at this time. Will also feedback to them on your concern about the monthly maintenance.

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Whoami

How much was ujana selling for psf and what is the psf maintenance fee?

I am actually thinking of getting a unit at the HH condo. Do you reckon it is a good purchase? Noticed that quite a number of units still available (not as hot selling as ujana)

might be used for home stay. New terraces launching at the hills next week corner lots all taken :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Check electrical wiring r in working condition for switches n 3 pin plug. Dump a few tissues n toilet rolls to see if toilet bowl gets choke. Silding door for ground n top floor change as with time their aluminum lock with crack n become useless. Dun be like me.

Thanks for the solid inputs, good steps to follow. For me, i was more concerned with the manhole and the ceiling tiles as i felt some of the rest can still be resolved even without developers help although the electrical one is really tricky. Good to get all the electrical checked out even with cheap lights. I noticed that cheap lightbulbs though, do spoil easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.