• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For new property buyers, do remember to check a few things:

1. Your manhole prior to start of renovation
2. Tiny hairline cracks on the walls and on the tiles including bathroom ones or large marks on the parquet (if they provide)
3. Its also good to visit a place (if buying resale) to go there on rainy days and look at the ceiling above for telltale signs of leakage.

I have pretty good tenants (so far, touch wood), some have leaks in the kitchen and informed us so we paid (after the 2 year defect period already) a sum to fix it.
They have to tear open a hole to check thoroughly, the price for a small check is about 150RM. Do try to get the original contractor from the developer side where possible, cheaper plus they know what to expect.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybank malaysia request for credit of bureau (sg), uob never ask anything about sg loan or credit status.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
lorry driver are wrong initially, the driver also not good. slow down and block once it's not good, 3 times purposely is really bad and childish....
he can't get into EL might because of the delay... he might be really urgent.... its a bit too inconsiderate for a driver to do that.... no wonder ppl sometimes look down and tease sg plate driver's behaviour
don't mention about the lorry driver getting mad, I will be mad and wanna beat the driver as well coz of trying to fool around... lucky didn't meet the true road bully or else its really not worth doing so...
things can go from bad to worst due to impulse reactions... take care ....
I will piss up if the lorry driver did the same to me...but will just flash headlight and horn once or twice to alert him and show my frustation... no point become the same category as them....
sorry for busybody... just think that its not so right

house,
I related this incident to tell the professionalism of the gurkha guards, and what you might encounter on the road sometimes. In fact i was not driving slowly at all, the lorry was trying to perform his "bullying" stunt against an SG plated car when i slowed down a little for the potholes. I will be the last person on earth to road hog as i simply hate road hoggers. The way to Gelang Patah is through some rather uneven roads with motocycle whizzing into roads here and there. It is not the road to drive at 120kmh no matter what are the circumstances. I admit driving turn us into road hooligan occasionally, that is something i try to remind myself.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I very uneasy the small road lead to LF...... looks quite dark n quiet at nite. Feel very unsafe to drive alone esp during nite time.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, just got back.

A couple of things to update:

The Eminent place is getting better but slightly more expensive these days. Went with my wife and 2 of us went and had a full body massage, costs us around 300 RM but with lots of extras, ear candling, "ba guan"/"gua sha" thrown in.

Cash card - Definitely have additional, one thing to note is that the station they have there won't let you top up, etc. Its to pay it in case the machine the booths are using is faulty, etc.

Crime = Is everywhere, no place is 100% without crime, its just that some places are more prone than others, just keep a level head and be vigilant.

My 2 cents, this is not a political thread, freedom of speech, etc is very welcome, politics or the playing of is not. (I have enough of it at the office) We can talk about others things from time to time but we should keep to the main topic and not get side tracked or focused on just one continuously. The keyword here is continuously. This is good as a point of reference but it should not be a single reference point for a subtopic.

Also, constantly putting down any place is detrimental to all as everywhere is linked, just as i never point out the presence of potholes in other developments doesn't mean that i am not aware of it.

CC cards = They will have records of you but the CBS in SG is not linked at all to Johore. Sometimes though, they will try to get you to present the online $5 dollar report to them if you are requesting for a higher loan.

If you have one bank with multiple accounts and you get late payment for even just one, you will still have a record of late payment, etc. The US banks especially a famous one with commercial of a porter mentioning chili crab is especially unforgiving. The records at CBS are not erasable though, if you really find that you have paid on time and that there was real factors involved, you can go to the bank and get it taken off. After all, they are the ones who send their data to CBS.

Prof is right to keep away from CC, avoid it unless you have no choice.

By the way, speaking of CC, when using your CC at certain petrol stations, its very easy to forget about the CC inside. Do take note to take it out, pump and then take your receipt. Also, remember to put the petrol pump back correctly. 2 cues that your pumping session is over is when you 1. Hear the pumping motor stop 2. See the receipt or see the message on the petrol kiosk.

Whenever possible, keep your CC in plain sight, never let them take it away, if you are not sure whether an establishment is dodgy, just pay in cash or go to the counter and pay with the card. At all times, look at the card, even when they are passing it back to you so that they don't pass you a dud or expired card.

Hello Wuqi, glad to see you back. Read a couple of post back that you were feeling 'under the weather' and thought that you might be in bed 'fighting' off a flu bug:biggrin:

Last edited:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Wuqi, glad to see you back. Read a couple of post back that you were feeling 'under the weather' and thought that you might be in bed 'fighting' off a flu bug:biggrin:

There is a Buddhist vegetarian restaurant in Perling, a short walk to the left from Agnee's very popular Indian restaurant (facing the grass) that sells a magical ham cha which is an acid green slightly salty soup sold with rice and chopped vegetables and very palatable, about RM$4.50. I drink the soup and save the veg for a later meal. From my own experience it cured my almost lost voice within 10 minutes, and fights the 'flu or threatened 'flu in a way that has to be experienced - I do not want to sound like a nutter. It works.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
adding on to security. there are some phones that have a panic call or panic text which allows you to dial up/sms another person on your contact list for emergency situations in 1 touch. set it up if you have! never know when you'll need to make that call.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I very uneasy the small road lead to LF...... looks quite dark n quiet at nite. Feel very unsafe to drive alone esp during nite time.

That is really the main flaw of LF... anybody dares to bet their success in getting an opening to highway in future? That is what they claim but i find the developer extremely "passive"... they really jumped on the bandwagon to build more houses after seeing the success in the other Iskandar developments, otherwise they would still be selling bungalow land... but the Bayou Creek designs are really nice

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mallow

If you are a Ham cha (thunder tea rice for th uninitiated) fanatic like I am, you must go to this shop in Taman Sentosa. Its at the corner shop (behind the bridal studio opposite crystal crown hotel).

They have nice abacus seeds as well (suan pan zi)

There is a Buddhist vegetarian restaurant in Perling, a short walk to the left from Agnee's very popular Indian restaurant (facing the grass) that sells a magical ham cha which is an acid green slightly salty soup sold with rice and chopped vegetables and very palatable, about RM$4.50. I drink the soup and save the veg for a later meal. From my own experience it cured my almost lost voice within 10 minutes, and fights the 'flu or threatened 'flu in a way that has to be experienced - I do not want to sound like a nutter. It works.

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg. Looks like i might be priced out soon. I hve yet to buy a place. Went to take a look at east ledang today

All the recent launches (harmony, tranquility, and one more i forgot the name) are 100% sold. Honestly, I think the curbs introduced by Sg in January has an effect of raising property prices in JB

I was told that alot of developers are looking to launch in May / June
Today I was at the Sales office. Surprised to find it PACKED. Imagine there are at least 5-7 group of buyers and many ready buyers there to sign the Sales and Purchase. Then I found out from the sales that ever since the Straits Time report on Malaysia properties, visitors and sales shot up. New Clusters at the Golf, I was told are going at RM 700k to RM 800k and new Semi ds are going for RM 1.4 m

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg. Looks like i might be priced out soon. I hve yet to buy a place. Went to take a look at east ledang today

All the recent launches (harmony, tranquility, and one more i forgot the name) are 100% sold. Honestly, I think the curbs introduced by Sg in January has an effect of raising property prices in JB

I was told that alot of developers are looking to launch in May / June

The remaining name you missed out is Melody Park :smile:
Big Big bungalows. I am inclined to believe for that price it is more worthwhile to buy land and build. The bungalows couldn't be sold out?
I thought there was a unit or two left for intermediate terrace at Harmony Park.
For the semi-Ds at Tranquility Park, you mean the Type E are sold out as well?
I heard there are one or two units left (bumi units) at the Ujana apartments too.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today I was at the Sales office. Surprised to find it PACKED. Imagine there are at least 5-7 group of buyers and many ready buyers there to sign the Sales and Purchase. Then I found out from the sales that ever since the Straits Time report on Malaysia properties, visitors and sales shot up. New Clusters at the Golf, I was told are going at RM 700k to RM 800k and new Semi ds are going for RM 1.4 m

Was there a golf tournament today? I dropped by to show my mother around as well. This golf course is really highly utilised.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Installation of Grilles

Hi guys

I am just thinking which is better - install grilles inside the glass windows/doors, or install grilles outside the glass windows/doors?

My initial thoughts are, the thief would have to smash your glass before cutting the grilles, but then on second thoughts maybe they could remove your glass panels from the frames instead. So if the grilles are outside, their cutting action should alert you before they could penetrate the glass layer. Agree?

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone here have practical experience on taking CW3 to Jurong East. How long is the journey and what time would i have to leave the house to get to Jurong East by around 820am?

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes apparently all the units at harmony park (terrace) are sold out. Same goes for ujana. But there will be a new condo called resort suites to be launched soon located behind Ujana

The bumi lot left in tranquility park i reserved (but did nt bring cheque book so its only verbal agreement)

Anyone has any idea on the procedures for such bookings using cheques? Is it safe and are Singapore cheques valid?

The remaining name you missed out is Melody Park :smile:
Big Big bungalows. I am inclined to believe for that price it is more worthwhile to buy land and build. The bungalows couldn't be sold out?
I thought there was a unit or two left for intermediate terrace at Harmony Park.
For the semi-Ds at Tranquility Park, you mean the Type E are sold out as well?
I heard there are one or two units left (bumi units) at the Ujana apartments too.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing i observe among all security guards i have seen... so far it is the Gurkhas that demonstrate the highest professionalism.

Singapore Police Force are still using Gurkha soldiers today and they are really fierce, super fit, well-disciplined and ultra brave.

I remember one house break-in incident which happened in Singapore and our police force activated more than 300 police officers to capture the 3 armed robbers as the police believed that those 3 were hiding in the forested area beside the house which they broken into. The police cordoned off the entire forested area to prevent their escape(which was why they needed more than 300 officers). In the end, they decided to send the Gurkha soldiers into the forest to make the arrest and the brave Gurkha soldiers arrested the 3 armed robbers successfully. Why didn't they send Singaporean policemen? I'll leave that up to your imagination.

All gated communities in Iskandar region should employ Gurkhas instead of weak old folks just to take down IC no. or to clock their routine patrol rounds.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor & LeMans2011 & any good tipsters,

Question about remiting money (sgd to rm) to my Loan Account in Malaysia Bank to pay my instalments.... In some earlier page there were some reputable money changers names in Marine Parade. Are they still reputable? Can you help suggest for me to use?

And normally you the money changers a big cheque (for better rates) say for sgd20k and then they remit into my Malaysia Bank Loan Account?

If so, reputable will be necessary. Appreciate any suggestions..

I think one with the biggest outlet looks more reliable than those small ones of course. In that sense, those in Parkway Parade looks not bad. No one can guarantee that they won't close down. So many super big SPAs, tour agencies, coach companies etc in Singapore just closed down overnight and taking with them customers' money.

If you are a Singaporean, the money changer can only deposit RM10k per day into your loan account in Malaysia(daily limit for deposit into an account under a foreigner's name). So even if you give them SG20k, they still need 5 days to deposit all RM48k. You can reduce your risk by doing RM10k at a time, which is about SG$4.2k. You can check via internet banking to confirm the deposit before doing the next RM10k. Thus your risk is losing SG$4.2k instead of SG$20k if they really closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.