• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to share something that recently happened:

Few months ago, Century garden, a friend got robbed as she went about her business and was just parking her car, guy just smashed her window and grabbed her bag. Luckily her bag was opened so 95% of the stuff dropped out and he was so much in a rush he never saw everything spilling out. Many folks tried to run after but it was too fast. Folks then helped her get back her things.

A week ago, we were stopped by police just as i was advising a relative to bring driving license when driving. I was a bit frustrated why she never bothered to bring her driving license despite my reminders. Both relatives (older than me) was saying it won't happen and even so, she can just pay the fine.

Well, she was wrong on both counts, just a few minutes later, she was stopped as she drove through an amber light (Bukit Indah) It was a scary moment when 2 patrol cars stopped her, they took down my particulars when they discovered she didn't had her driving license with her and even said we may be fined for both counts.

In the end, after apologising profusely for her, we were surprised when the officers told us its ok and they will waive off the summon just this once.

So in the end, no summons, no bribe, just a lasting lesson to bring ones driving license here(when driving).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros driving in Bukit Indah area, near to the Tesco. When turning left (for those going to Tesco/Nusa Bestari), please wait for the green light as there are times when the traffic police will wait in ambush there for those who turn left before the green light comes on.

Bros coming to Bukit Indah from Nusa Bestari, there is a 3 lane road which becomes a 2 lane road on the bridge (after this bridge, you will reach the Eminent massage place)
Cops sometimes will wait at the end of the road (almost reaching Standard Chartered bank) with one cop hiding behind the TNB panel to catch your number in case you try to go straight on the extreme right lane (its only for turning right)

Bros driving in Setia Indah area, there is a big round about whilst going to the Austin Heights area, sometimes police are waiting at the end of the round about for those who didn't stop at the stop sign.

Bros driving out of the Tebrau city/ from Austin area, please take note that there are cops who are sometimes to be found waiting for people who speed when you exit the highway at the end of the bridge.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by rw6akr
You were quite right as they have claimed it to be an act of nature but also confirmed that this defect will be rectified for me as their goodwill. Very nice of EL customer service...

Great to hear rw6akr, i am impressed even though for EL, i was expecting this as i know they have standards. I think on the whole, most of the better developers here all maintain high standards. I have not had any real delays with getting things fixed although at the beginning it took more than a few calls.

Again bros, when fixing antenna, do look at what the developers policies are, if they say they won't cover once antenna is installed, then you might want to wait at least until your defect rectification period is over before doing it.

By the way, for antennas, normally its around 300 plus RM. For aircon, there are new brands like Fujiaire, Midea, etc which covers 2 years of warranty so for those who are planning to buy for own use or even to rent out, these are quite ok. For water heaters, Joven is quite ok, about 399 RM for one with pump although this is list price so remember to bargain. Recently went to the 2nd hand car dealers at Skudai, Giant, quite a lot of cars gone, maybe they are shifting to other places. There are several places along the pasir gudang highway from Bukit Indah to Tebrau city so its good to check out and compare prices. Financing is about 70%.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros, again for protection, lots of places to buy telescopic batons (just don't put inside your SG car and drive into SG)

Else, get those baseball bat type of steering lock for your car. For ladies, pepper spray (Tesco, 13.90)

So far, haven't used them but just in case.

Another thing for those security conscious is to get padlocks and hinges for the roof top area where a trapdoor allows one to gain access to the roof(landed property mostly built like that). This sometimes allows one to go to ones neighbours place. Best to lock it on both sides and secure the other 2 sides with magnetic alarms if you intend to be away for long.

Did a test on the guards recently, told them i will be away and then observed them from another house. They really increased the patrol to my area (your mileage may vary though)

For those who are more adventurous, Pontian is not only a good source of durians (don't get cheated, ask to eat on the spot and don't buy it back coz they will "mix and match"), its also a good source of ahem, fireworks. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One thing i observe among all security guards i have seen... so far it is the Gurkhas that demonstrate the highest professionalism. I have not met one Gurkha guard that behaves badly, and i must say they perform their duties without fear or favor. I was fetching my colleagues to view some properties and Leisure Farm was our last stop. By the time we arrived i was 530-600pm and the guards told me "closed". I started putting pressure on them, making all kinds of excuses but they were unmoved (i must admit it was a moment of bad behaviour). In the end they let me in after i called the sales in front of them, an the sales agreed i could come in... i suppose that was in their SOP.

On another occassion i ran into hooligan along the road as i was visiting... Leisure Farm again. This lorry was trying to overtake me dangerously in a situation that was just impossible. I got pissed and taunted him by slowing down to let him overtake, then speeding away leaving him fuming mad in his slow lorry... repeated that 2 or 3 times since the journey was long. The driver got real mad... when i turned into Leisure Farm, he turned in as well. After passing through,i saw the aggressive driver had some exchanges with the security... eventually he could not get through and had to go away. Ok... honest admission of another moment of folly. Will restrain myself from behaviour that puts Singaporean number plates in danger... but the point is... the guards are good !

Hey Lemans2011, thanks for sharing. I would strongly advise not to if you can, you will never know what that lorry driver will do next time. Just ignore them, i got my fair share of people like that while driving on the roads, some drive like maniacs but most are ok actually.

One time got into an "aggressive situation" while putting in cash at a banks cash machine, an old man ranted all kinds of obscenities as my account no. just wouldn't be accepted. I tried one more time and was about to walk away when he pointed to the ground and scolded all kinds of things you can think of. I ignored and when i walked away, another tirade came and he purposely shouted out at the air as i walked past. I went back in again after that to help my relative with the transaction, same thing, turned out she was given the wrong account no.

As we were walking out, he glared at me and even took out his specs, i just smiled at him.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Prof,
No tips required Prof for most of the massage places or the restaurants. Some places even frown on tips. By the way, if you ever want any good place to eat with good quality food, mushroom soup, etc can try out Yews Cafe. Its at Perling area with a security guard that opens the door for you and guards the place outside. Service is quite good. Opposite the Toast & Toast place which has quite good coffee and toast. (Toast & Toast closes at 6pm and on Sundays)

Enjoy:smile:

Hi bro, you have so many lobang and good place to share, one flavor to ask, next time can take a card or address. I am no good with direction but I am sure my GPS will bring me there with a address. Thanks.:biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi. Will check it out one of these days.

Hi Prof,
No tips required Prof for most of the massage places or the restaurants. Some places even frown on tips. By the way, if you ever want any good place to eat with good quality food, mushroom soup, etc can try out Yews Cafe. Its at Perling area with a security guard that opens the door for you and guards the place outside. Service is quite good. Opposite the Toast & Toast place which has quite good coffee and toast. (Toast & Toast closes at 6pm and on Sundays)

Enjoy:smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice one. Yes appreciation in properties will happen for the simple reason that as Spore Housing gets more and more expensive there will be lots of souls who will make the move across the CauseWay.

This will definitely lead to a surge in property prices in IM.

Dear brave pioneering souls,

This forum is the difference btw the past vs now where investing in JB prop has a good chance of strong appreciation. Mutual support even to price of sardines comparisons. Impressive :smile:

The JB appreciation is entrenched simply because Spore prop getting even more expensive. Example; My district just had a condo en bloc and experts estimate developer's breakeven would be sgd1,150 psqft. (2 yrs ago, prices here were just about sgd750psqft). The fear is always there that one day neighbours want to en bloc even if I did not want, I will be forced to tow the line. I would probably be forced to downgrade or stay far off for my twilight years. Better to be in JB instead, enjoying a nice fully-paid landed property and where my money goes further.

At office lunch, people start to discuss about buying in JB. The Straits Times article helped put the thought into the heads.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with this.

Just yesterday at 10pm, my mum took my kids to the Mcdonalds outlet closeby. It was so crowded and even the queue was a good 15 minutes plus before the order could be taken. Can you beat that? at 10pm?

I always tell my wife thankfully i dun have to go to Orchard, Suntec every weekend or public holiday and jostle with other Singaporeans for a place to sit or queue for food. Finding parking space is sometimes another great hassle.

How I envy the happy weekends you are going to enjoy in JB while I dread the weekend ultra-crowded shopping centres here.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro LeMans no need to apologise, I dun think you have done anything wrong. Whatever you wanna share as long as its about JB go ahead.

Contra, Wuqi, AP, Investor, Cathy and all

Indeed i fully agree this is a forum for honest sharing, both the positive and negative aspects... if i have offended anyone in my chiding do accept my apologies.

Lastly, i would like to think we can make a difference to Living in JB... whether via a community voice or otherwise :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi I think you are needling me for no specific reason. Possibly you feel that I am raising several issues and hence you are unable to moderate the thread the way you wanna moderate? (Unfortunately i cant massage your ego here)

Despite you having needled me several times over the last couple of weeks i had chosen not to get personal with you and not to launch a direct attack on you.

If you choose to read/misread despite all my explanations its I who should be tired. Not you!!!

Ofcourse the thread belongs to everyone. Neither you nor I am able to delete any posts/edit any posts.

You have spoken about investments in the past, you have spoken about rental yields, capital appreciation etc. Did i say anything? Did i point out that you veered from the topic?

Some said we criticise Malaysians and we should not do that. Now you have several times criticised Spore policies and system. Is that fair game? Is that living experience in JB?

This thread is not meant to be PAP style. I am sorry.

If there are issues, i will definitely raise them. Whatever they may be but ofcourse i agree to stick to IM or living in IM.

The recent crime issue at Adda Heights was not raised by me. So what can i do if several forummers felt concerned and wanna discuss it? Do you want to nip all discussions that you do not wish to have in the bud?

Living in IM is not just a bed of roses and there is nothing wrong in us highlighting that.

Those who do not want to move to IM because its all not a bed of roses, I am happy for them. Id rather they not make the move to IM.

Thanks Lemans2011, no apologies required.

Prof, some of your past comments are readily read in a certain manner no matter how hard i tried to reread it again.

On one hand, you said in the very beginning when you joined in the discussion that we will keep to the topic at hand, now recently, you are saying every other post that we should have freedom of speech and i know you got miffed when i asked to stop the earlier comparison which i felt was getting us nowwhere fast.

Your repeated postings about the lack of this and that were all in one particular place, then you post about crime in Bukit Indah, do read your post again and tell me how would one reasonably think? Then its on to talk about economics and how that this place is not going to do well firstly short term, then it becomes unsustainable in long term.

Prof, i am tired of this, this thread belongs to everyone, i have never asked anyone to completely stop discussing about things, only to keep to the main topic. I have not asked once but more than a few times.

I do not mean to offend and my sincere apologies to you but we really need to move on.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi I think you are needling me for no specific reason. Possibly you feel that I am raising several issues and hence you are unable to moderate the thread the way you wanna moderate? (Unfortunately i cant massage your ego here)

Despite you having needled me several times over the last couple of weeks i had chosen not to get personal with you and not to launch a direct attack on you.

If you choose to read/misread despite all my explanations its I who should be tired. Not you!!!

Ofcourse the thread belongs to everyone. Neither you nor I am able to delete any posts/edit any posts.

You have spoken about investments in the past, you have spoken about rental yields, capital appreciation etc. Did i say anything? Did i point out that you veered from the topic?

Some said we criticise Malaysians and we should not do that. Now you have several times criticised Spore policies and system. Is that fair game? Is that living experience in JB?

This thread is not meant to be PAP style. I am sorry.

If there are issues, i will definitely raise them. Whatever they may be but ofcourse i agree to stick to IM or living in IM.

The recent crime issue at Adda Heights was not raised by me. So what can i do if several forummers felt concerned and wanna discuss it? Do you want to nip all discussions that you do not wish to have in the bud?

Living in IM is not just a bed of roses and there is nothing wrong in us highlighting that.

Those who do not want to move to IM because its all not a bed of roses, I am happy for them. Id rather they not make the move to IM.

I am a bit confused, did not talk about Adda Heights in my discussion with you? Its definitely ok to raise crime, as i said, the keyword is consistency. I raised pages on dealing with them. It was a general topic that we then moved on to others, not to have pages harping on the same thing?

Lets look at the solution and perharps go on to other topics, i only tried to remind, but there is no way i can stop you if you choose to continue.

The Malaysian policies and people are the not the main reason we are here, its due to the policies in SG that some of us are here so hence although i will put this in sometimes, its few and far between the posts. I do not harp or dwell on it.

Prof, lets put this to rest once and for all.

Again, i do not mean to offend, this is as crime is everywhere, even though there are posts about crime in other areas, i did not post about it here.
Like you said, those who can't take living here should stay put, hence the same for those who cannot drive or buy a car, take taxi, live near a place where they can take bus, walk, cannot tolerate the 5 metres walk to the bus from their car, cannot live nearby somewhere nearer to amenities/bus serviced areas.

Last edited:

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
On another occassion i ran into hooligan along the road as i was visiting... Leisure Farm again. This lorry was trying to overtake me dangerously in a situation that was just impossible. I got pissed and taunted him by slowing down to let him overtake, then speeding away leaving him fuming mad in his slow lorry... repeated that 2 or 3 times since the journey was long. The driver got real mad...

lorry driver are wrong initially, the driver also not good. slow down and block once it's not good, 3 times purposely is really bad and childish....
he can't get into EL might because of the delay... he might be really urgent.... its a bit too inconsiderate for a driver to do that.... no wonder ppl sometimes look down and tease sg plate driver's behaviour
don't mention about the lorry driver getting mad, I will be mad and wanna beat the driver as well coz of trying to fool around... lucky didn't meet the true road bully or else its really not worth doing so...
things can go from bad to worst due to impulse reactions... take care ....
I will piss up if the lorry driver did the same to me...but will just flash headlight and horn once or twice to alert him and show my frustation... no point become the same category as them....
sorry for busybody... just think that its not so right

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
lorry driver are wrong initially, the driver also not good. slow down and block once it's not good, 3 times purposely is really bad and childish....
he can't get into EL might because of the delay... he might be really urgent.... its a bit too inconsiderate for a driver to do that.... no wonder ppl sometimes look down and tease sg plate driver's behaviour
don't mention about the lorry driver getting mad, I will be mad and wanna beat the driver as well coz of trying to fool around... lucky didn't meet the true road bully or else its really not worth doing so...
things can go from bad to worst due to impulse reactions... take care ....
I will piss up if the lorry driver did the same to me...but will just flash headlight and horn once or twice to alert him and show my frustation... no point become the same category as them....
sorry for busybody... just think that its not so right

Thanks for your inputs, i would suggest not even to horn unless its absolutely required. We are guests in others land, lets not overstay our welcome.
I have stayed here almost 2 years now, never needed to sound my horn. Just tell yourself everytime someone cut in your lane that their mother/wife, etc
are all giving birth, forgive them and wish them well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes they did ask me whether I have other outstanding loans in Sg and I revealed to them honestly. I don't know whether or not they are able to find out by themselves though, if that's what you want to know.

True, they will definitely find out. Although from what i understand from learned bros here, if you put in a lot of property loans at one time, there is a chance that some will not be registered yet.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I dun think the Credit Bureas are interlinked. Although they can ask you for Singapore Credit Burea statement.

My wife and I are totally of CCs as well. Just dun wan a record with the Credit Burea.

They are definitely not linked, just that they will ask you for the CBS statement if they have doubts.

I managed to save my relatives the trouble as i have good standing with the bank and asked them not to trouble them as they are busy settling their affairs/working in SG.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My sales advise to me was no need to review everything unecessarily. If they want to know, let them go and check themselves. So that was what I did. :X

Good move Cathylmg, never volunteer information unless its something required. They will know what is available out there and make the call, its mainly to ensure that the percentage given to you can be easily serviced/afforded by you. Have you started rent out your place?

By the way, Cathylmg/Prof, there is a good bakuteh place at your place. There is also a good Indian food place as well.
The breakfast that the KFC nearby serves is quite good and cheap too. Porridge a bit on the salty side but still ok.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For those who like bakuteh, there is a place open until 2am in the morning at Sutera Mall, near the Suan Bee Hotel and the dentist (Lou, i believe)
Not sure whether they still are open till 2am these days but i remembered that they do. There is also a pharmacy that sells a lot of exotic meds (legal ones)
at the row with another bakuteh and a quite nice "wanton me" only shop. (their chilli and fried wanton combo is quite good)

Status
Not open for further replies.