• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
some departments very pro at tai chi. am so sorry to hear about your plight. 150 bucks is alot for the cash card perhaps lesser amount next time? Mine usually doesn't exceed $30.

sometimes $30 will not enough for ERP and Car park fee if going to City area.....

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife feels the same. So she keeps about $100 (approx) in her cash card.

Sometimes its just the hassle of topping it up right?

the other irritant i find is that LTA has not updated the checkpoints to CEPAS enabled cards so I can't use my EZ link. The multitude of cards very difficult to keep track of sometimes in addition to ID and CCs. I also wonder if LTA implements GPS ERP, will we be charged when driving in JB? Wow that's quite a fair bit of money going into city. Am lucky to not need that amount...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor

When you purchased your first property in Malaysia, did they take into consideration any outstanding housing loans that you had at that point in time in Singapore?

Yes they did ask me whether I have other outstanding loans in Sg and I revealed to them honestly. I don't know whether or not they are able to find out by themselves though, if that's what you want to know.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
That would sound like a deathknell. I mean the GPS based ERP. That would be like a taxi meter aye?

I really hope that wont happen. But i know it will

the other irritant i find is that LTA has not updated the checkpoints to CEPAS enabled cards so I can't use my EZ link. The multitude of cards very difficult to keep track of sometimes in addition to ID and CCs. I also wonder if LTA implements GPS ERP, will we be charged when driving in JB? Wow that's quite a fair bit of money going into city. Am lucky to not need that amount...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think the Credit Bureas are interlinked. Although they can ask you for Singapore Credit Burea statement.

My wife and I are totally of CCs as well. Just dun wan a record with the Credit Burea.

Yes they did ask me whether I have other outstanding loans in Sg and I reviewed to them honestly. I don't know whether or not they are able to find out by themselves though, if that's what you want to know.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife feels the same. So she keeps about $100 (approx) in her cash card. Sometimes its just the hassle of topping it up right?

May I make a suggestion to those who use the cashcard for ERP purposes: have two cards. One is the one you use most of the time, the other [minimum sum e.g. S$10] you keep in your wallet or somewhere safe in the car. This is because it is possible for the cashcard to be stolen out of the vehicle in JB or in Singapore. The nuisance of being without a cashcard at a crucial time makes the precaution worth the $10

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did not ask me anything. Just asked for my wifes and my pay slip and then the banks proceeded from there.

Yes they did ask me whether I have other outstanding loans in Sg and I reviewed to them honestly. I don't know whether or not they are able to find out by themselves though, if that's what you want to know.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

My sales advise to me was no need to review everything unecessarily. If they want to know, let them go and check themselves. So that was what I did. :X

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alright next time I'll ask them to find out by themselves =P By the way Cathylmg, you've followed my mistake, should be 'reveal'. Haha, I've corrected mine.

When they ask me whether I have any outstanding loan I just told them that I have a hdb loan. Then I said you all should be able to check wat? LOL! I thought all banks are link one...no meh? Act blur lah....LOL!

One thing with borrow from banks, reveal as much assets as possible, but don't reveal any debts lah....let them go and check on their own. Btw, regarding credit cards outstanding, if you pay minimum amount regularly, there is no way to lower your credit ratings.... :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
But if you forget then how? Eg a busy executive forgets to pay the min on pay by date i know he is slapped a hefty late payment fee.

In addition does it affect ur credit rating? Sorry i dunno this one...

But i just wanna be safe. So no CCs for me and no loans other than asset loans.

Btw, regarding credit cards outstanding, if you pay minimum amount regularly, there is no way to lower your credit ratings.... :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For loans, just do your own assessment what is comfortable to you.

That aside, you can regard MY and SG as independant of each other. Eg. UOB JB does not check your UOB SG details, vice-versa. The officer processing your loan is quite important, make sure he/she is smart and know how to present your case in the event that you want to get several loans.

The MY credit bureau keeps track of each and every loan you submit for application. Hence if you apply to 5 banks for the same loan, all 5 will be recorded in the credit bureau. If you have a blur officer processing your loan he might have a problem figuring out what is your total commitment. Let's say you apply loan for one unit, halfway through you decided to switch to another house but same value (assuming the developer allows you)... the next bank that reviews your application will assume you have an existing loan.

If you then decide to purchase a property in SG, i know that UOB in SG will not check if you have any overseas commitment.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
But if you forget then how? Eg a busy executive forgets to pay the min on pay by date i know he is slapped a hefty late payment fee. In addition does it affect ur credit rating? Sorry i dunno this one... But i just wanna be safe. So no CCs for me and no loans other than asset loans.

FYI - the credit report in Singapore tells you whether you have roll-over credit card amounts. Hence for those who pays minimum but does have roll-over, it does lower your credit rating in that sense. For those who even miss the minimum payment, the record shows accordingly.

I'm sure most of us do not have such issue but if you are interested, try the $5 credit search on yourself, you can get this on the web.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope i dun have any Credit Cards. So my history and reputation still intact and clean.

Only loans i have are House & Car both paid on time.

FYI - the credit report in Singapore tells you whether you have roll-over credit card amounts. Hence for those who pays minimum but does have roll-over, it does lower your credit rating in that sense. For those who even miss the minimum payment, the record shows accordingly.

I'm sure most of us do not have such issue but if you are interested, try the $5 credit search on yourself, you can get this on the web.

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the first purchase in Malaysia would be free of any home loan caps should you also currently have a singapore mortgage??

For loans, just do your own assessment what is comfortable to you.

That aside, you can regard MY and SG as independant of each other. Eg. UOB JB does not check your UOB SG details, vice-versa. The officer processing your loan is quite important, make sure he/she is smart and know how to present your case in the event that you want to get several loans.

The MY credit bureau keeps track of each and every loan you submit for application. Hence if you apply to 5 banks for the same loan, all 5 will be recorded in the credit bureau. If you have a blur officer processing your loan he might have a problem figuring out what is your total commitment. Let's say you apply loan for one unit, halfway through you decided to switch to another house but same value (assuming the developer allows you)... the next bank that reviews your application will assume you have an existing loan.

If you then decide to purchase a property in SG, i know that UOB in SG will not check if you have any overseas commitment.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys, just got back.

A couple of things to update:

The Eminent place is getting better but slightly more expensive these days. Went with my wife and 2 of us went and had a full body massage, costs us around 300 RM but with lots of extras, ear candling, "ba guan"/"gua sha" thrown in.

Cash card - Definitely have additional, one thing to note is that the station they have there won't let you top up, etc. Its to pay it in case the machine the booths are using is faulty, etc.

Crime = Is everywhere, no place is 100% without crime, its just that some places are more prone than others, just keep a level head and be vigilant.

My 2 cents, this is not a political thread, freedom of speech, etc is very welcome, politics or the playing of is not. (I have enough of it at the office) We can talk about others things from time to time but we should keep to the main topic and not get side tracked or focused on just one continuously. The keyword here is continuously. This is good as a point of reference but it should not be a single reference point for a subtopic.

Also, constantly putting down any place is detrimental to all as everywhere is linked, just as i never point out the presence of potholes in other developments doesn't mean that i am not aware of it.

CC cards = They will have records of you but the CBS in SG is not linked at all to Johore. Sometimes though, they will try to get you to present the online $5 dollar report to them if you are requesting for a higher loan.

If you have one bank with multiple accounts and you get late payment for even just one, you will still have a record of late payment, etc. The US banks especially a famous one with commercial of a porter mentioning chili crab is especially unforgiving. The records at CBS are not erasable though, if you really find that you have paid on time and that there was real factors involved, you can go to the bank and get it taken off. After all, they are the ones who send their data to CBS.

Prof is right to keep away from CC, avoid it unless you have no choice.

By the way, speaking of CC, when using your CC at certain petrol stations, its very easy to forget about the CC inside. Do take note to take it out, pump and then take your receipt. Also, remember to put the petrol pump back correctly. 2 cues that your pumping session is over is when you 1. Hear the pumping motor stop 2. See the receipt or see the message on the petrol kiosk.

Whenever possible, keep your CC in plain sight, never let them take it away, if you are not sure whether an establishment is dodgy, just pay in cash or go to the counter and pay with the card. At all times, look at the card, even when they are passing it back to you so that they don't pass you a dud or expired card.

Status
Not open for further replies.