• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use the Spore health care system just to get an opinion

My mom s cataract surgery a year and a half ago was done by my college senior who is now HOD.

My sis from US who consulted with the then HOD OF NEC felt that his manners and mode of consultation was awful and swore not to see Spore docs again.

Im fed up with Being at the mercy of TEAM OF JUNIOR DOCS.

Even docs at Poly, some of them are so grumpy as if they doing you a favor n get irritated when u ask questions.

Having said that iv met a few lovely Sporean docs.

, each time the doctor will be different depending on who is on duty and usually junior doctors only...

Last edited:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

My mom s cataract surgery a year and a half ago was done by my college senior who is now HOD.

My sis from US who consulted with the then HOD OF NEC felt that his manners and mode of consultation was awful and swore not to see Spore docs again.

Even docs at Poly, some of them are so grumpy as if they doing you a favor n get irritated when u ask questions.

there are some doctors who think they know better than your own body.
these are the ones who get the f from me. Fortunately my illness are of non critical nature so I get to just walk away after washing their face. I mean I literally walked out of hospital without
settling anything. What a nice feeling!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see how dish washer can be cleaner than manual washing, unless it uses tons of high pressure water. Some things need scrubbing to be clean.

Have used the dishwasher for about a week now. Verdict? It's an excellent helper, dishes are really clean and dry. Save a lot of time too. :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have used the dishwasher for about a week now. Verdict? It's an excellent helper, dishes are really clean and dry. Save a lot of time too. :biggrin:

I believe in soaking to loosen the debris, follow by scrubbing to mechanically dislodge stubborn debris, and rinsing to clean away all the stuff. Without the scrubbing part, it is impossible to clean thoroughly, even though the dishes can be dry.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can remove hardened mozzarella cheese..? Test for me kiamsia :biggrin:

Work more like a washing machine , need to get rid of stuborn stain prior to machine wash. In yr cheese case need to scrap it off and dishwash before it get dry up n harden. Anyway best to scrap away solid wates before dishwash otherwise machine get choke more jialat. Use a dishwaher before I must say is a geat help if you have lots of dishes . Cannot clean all jobs but can clean 90% is great help already.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you are not familiar with the Singapore healthcare system, only the subsidised patients are treated by junior doctors, the private patients can select to see senior doctors or HOD. And by private patient, I mean those paying full fees at government hospitals.

So far my experience with the Sporean doctors in govt hospital are okay, no problem with manners and mode of consultation, especially when as a private patient paying full fees. They do answer questions patiently and politely. Even for the polyclinic, I find the Singaporean staff are very polite and do make an attempt to give good customer service, starting from the staff taking temperature at the entrance, to nurse taking blood pressure to doctors. Some of the doctors are reserved while some are more friendly but generally all polite and okay with answering questions.

However, I have problems with the foreign doctors working in the polyclinic. I ever come across one Indian/Sri Lanka doctor in polyclinic before who was so unprofessional, during consultation he answered a phone call and was chatting away with his friend calling from India. Really no standard! I don't know why all these doctors are so unappreciative of earning ten or twenty times what they earned in their native country and yet put no heart in their job. Another foreign doctor in polyclinic ordered two blood tests for me - extra cost and unnecessary - when one test would have been enough. I only know when I accidentally heard from one nurse that one of the test already contained the element that the other test was ordered for.

Anyway, I would not want this type of foreign doctors who don't have enough skills and professionalism to operate any surgery for me, they may answer phone call half way or operate wrongly. I also want to be able to swear an oath not to see foreign doctors anymore but cannot as the polyclinics don't allow me to choose doctors!

Having said that, I am not saying the Sporean doctors are perfect, I think the junior doctors are also not skillful enough but at least they went through the system, they have more things at stake in Singapore, unlike the foreign doctors whose background and qualification are unknown and can scoot off easily. It is a known fact that many work pass holders are on forged certificate, doctors are possible too. Plus I have more confidence in the Spore doctors professionalism, at least they will not think that chatting in the midst of consultation is okay.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are some doctors who think they know better than your own body.
these are the ones who get the f from me. Fortunately my illness are of non critical nature so I get to just walk away after washing their face. I mean I literally walked out of hospital without
settling anything. What a nice feeling!

Sometimes I fed up with paying also wonder is it possible to walk out and don't pay and what they will do to chase me for payment. But cannot as I will have to go back at some point in time to the hospital since Spore is so small and not many hospitals. So you not planning to return to the hospital for any treatment? did you receive any letter chasing you to pay up?

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I fed up with paying also wonder is it possible to walk out and don't pay and what they will do to chase me for payment. But cannot as I will have to go back at some point in time to the hospital since Spore is so small and not many hospitals. So you not planning to return to the hospital for any treatment? did you receive any letter chasing you to pay up?

ya of course they came after me with letters even calls but the callers were innocent so spared them but the hospital wont charge you extra as along as you pay even after delaying until you kumguan. because i need no follow up from the same doctor i went to another one. didnt think about consequences when one is angry but anyway health is something you must be in control before and after. i have an inlaw with terminal illness didnt wish to follow recommendation went to seek other therapies finally uplorry but not sure if the choices were better.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya of course they came after me with letters even calls but the callers were innocent so spared them but the hospital wont charge you extra as along as you pay even after delaying until you kumguan. because i need no follow up from the same doctor i went to another one. didnt think about consequences when one is angry but anyway health is something you must be in control before and after. i have an inlaw with terminal illness didnt wish to follow recommendation went to seek other therapies finally uplorry but not sure if the choices were better.

I think up lorry is the cheaper choice in Singapore. Maybe follow recommendations spent more money also up lorry.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agreed with you... had a surgery NUH, was attended by the HOD himself -neuro...subsequently was put to rest at HDU...all doct/nurses are very pro..well mannered, polite and prompt....a such, all these behaviour resulted fast recovery
as I feel at ease.. btw the accent of most doctors that I encounter with during that period, sounds more like a local or malaysian

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think up lorry is the cheaper choice in Singapore. Maybe follow recommendations spent more money also up lorry.

If 4th stage cancer or other terminal disease, it is better to save the treatment money and make a will to ensure your loved ones are properly taken care of when you leave this world.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If 4th stage cancer or other terminal disease, it is better to save the treatment money and make a will to ensure your loved ones are properly taken care of when you leave this world.

[video=youtube;tjf9NGJfe8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjf9NGJfe8E[/video]

Never expect you bring up cancer..... I do not want to comment too much on this "supplement" call Vitamin B17.

I have use it as a health supplement and also given to people suffering from final stage of cancer.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;oAJQUtX2LoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJQUtX2LoQ[/video]

Cancer glow due to our dietary changes and lack of seeds in our meals. B17 is naturally found in seeds of apple; apricot and also almond.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;oAJQUtX2LoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJQUtX2LoQ[/video]

Cancer glow due to our dietary changes and lack of seeds in our meals. B17 is naturally found in seeds of apple; apricot and also almond.

B17 could be toxic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdalin

The best defence against cancer is plenty of good rest, healthy diet and less stress. A healthy body's white blood cells can overcome the cancerous cells.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are not familiar with the Singapore healthcare system, only the subsidised patients are treated by junior doctors, the private patients can select to see senior doctors or HOD. And by private patient, I mean those paying full fees at government hospitals.

So far my experience with the Sporean doctors in govt hospital are okay, no problem with manners and mode of consultation, especially when as a private patient paying full fees. They do answer questions patiently and politely. Even for the polyclinic, I find the Singaporean staff are very polite and do make an attempt to give good customer service, starting from the staff taking temperature at the entrance, to nurse taking blood pressure to doctors. Some of the doctors are reserved while some are more friendly but generally all polite and okay with answering questions.

However, I have problems with the foreign doctors working in the polyclinic. I ever come across one Indian/Sri Lanka doctor in polyclinic before who was so unprofessional, during consultation he answered a phone call and was chatting away with his friend calling from India. Really no standard! I don't know why all these doctors are so unappreciative of earning ten or twenty times what they earned in their native country and yet put no heart in their job. Another foreign doctor in polyclinic ordered two blood tests for me - extra cost and unnecessary - when one test would have been enough. I only know when I accidentally heard from one nurse that one of the test already contained the element that the other test was ordered for.

Anyway, I would not want this type of foreign doctors who don't have enough skills and professionalism to operate any surgery for me, they may answer phone call half way or operate wrongly. I also want to be able to swear an oath not to see foreign doctors anymore but cannot as the polyclinics don't allow me to choose doctors!

Having said that, I am not saying the Sporean doctors are perfect, I think the junior doctors are also not skillful enough but at least they went through the system, they have more things at stake in Singapore, unlike the foreign doctors whose background and qualification are unknown and can scoot off easily. It is a known fact that many work pass holders are on forged certificate, doctors are possible too. Plus I have more confidence in the Spore doctors professionalism, at least they will not think that chatting in the midst of consultation is okay.

But our gov think otherwise . They think our university produce only paper generals n have gaps in skill set the industry require hence need millions of FTs. He further add that these uni graduates will cause a glut in the economy .

Last edited:

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
But our gov think otherwise . They think our university produce only paper generals n have gaps in skill set the industry require hence need millions of FTs. He further add that these uni graduates will cause a glut in the economy .

Since you mention these, miw not supporting our local grad. And example was the yellow ribbon thingy... How the hell they expect others to give ex offenders a chance when they reject them in the first instant... on the back of most gahment relate company application read " Have you ever been convicted in court? "..and what will the HR do when they see Yes....I believe is down the chute..Damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.