• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I checked out Setia Eco Garden houses the price is only RM 400+ to RM 500+ k.. Now shot up to RM 700K?? Good market out there

that was two years ago... my friend bought a terrace there about that time.. miyana. now sub sale asking 600++. called setia re ecovillage. . e 700k only a few left. that was end of last year.

Metaphor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zone a is the flagship development out of the 5 within islandar project. Zone A only refers to JBCC and danga bay. Permas or tebrau are not even within the zone A despite they are within iskandar.

I remembered seeing zone A masterplan n if I am not mistaken it includes some areas along tebrau highway such as taman melody, taman century n taman sentosa. Particularly the high rise developments along jalan dato abdullah tahir n wadihana. Also jalan yahya awal, jalan kolam ayer, etc shd be part of zone A since u need to drive past these areas to reach danga bay.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered seeing zone A masterplan n if I am not mistaken it includes some areas along tebrau highway such as taman melody, taman century n taman sentosa. Particularly the high rise developments along jalan dato abdullah tahir n wadihana. Also jalan yahya awal, jalan kolam ayer, etc shd be part of zone A since u need to drive past these areas to reach danga bay.

confirmed it is the not the case, most ppl have a lot of misconceptions towards iskandar project, such as they always called "nusajaya" as "iskandar". Same went to zone A. If you read the official info. It definitely only refers to JBCC (including Danga Bay)

flagship zones refer to the focused areas that consisted of major developments that are driven and supported by central gahment, state johor. areas like tebrau, permas etc there are just normal developers driven projects which all the while existed in JB. This is one of the major reason that there is no major development announced for the area.

danga bay does not need to drive pass these areas as danga bay is only located next to JBCC. it is along the coastal.

looking at the official info, you can see that flagship A is clearly labelled.

1.jpg

2.jpg

im-pillars-invest-flagshipA-01.png

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the Puteri Harbour private marina area just now and there was a live firing exercise, first time I heard it although went there a few times before. the bombs were really thunderous and the ground shakes. Inside the UEM building, I can feel the vibration of the ground and glass too..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the Puteri Harbour private marina area just now and there was a live firing exercise, first time I heard it although went there a few times before. the bombs were really thunderous and the ground shakes. Inside the UEM building, I can feel the vibration of the ground and glass too..

someone did mention this a while back.

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes we hear it too. We in Leisure Farm. We thought it was thunders first. Singapore army or Malaysia army?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone did mention this a while back.

Yeah I remember someone mentioned he checked with the guards and they say can hear the live firing. Until I personally experienced, I didn't realise it was that loud and serious. And I start wondering whether if stay at the high floor will feel the building shake more vigorously..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I remember someone mentioned he checked with the guards and they say can hear the live firing. Until I personally experienced, I didn't realise it was that loud and serious. And I start wondering whether if stay at the high floor will feel the building shake more vigorously..

a bit of engineering here. tall buildings are designed and built to 'wobble' a bit ever so slightly. that's what stops them from cracking and toppling (in event of strong wind shear, tremors etc).

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bit of engineering here. tall buildings are designed and built to 'wobble' a bit ever so slightly. that's what stops them from cracking and toppling (in event of strong wind shear, tremors etc).

I have no engineering background but wonder how it will feel to stay on top when building ready and experience minor earthquake effect whenever live firing goes on..

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no engineering background but wonder how it will feel to stay on top when building ready and experience minor earthquake effect whenever live firing goes on..

Wonder if the SAF has bigger bombs now. To feel the vibration that far is something.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also heard them before in my car at 2nd link. It must have been much louder outside. Artillery mis-fire did happen before.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

The bad news is that one can even experience it in Horizon hills though the noise is faint.

The GOOD news is that the Singapore govt is confirmed moving the entire Tengah military installations away such that Tengah will be a new township of Singapore. Its already confirmed and announced in parliament. The little bad news is that once Tengah high rises start to spring out in 20 years time, some of Puteri Harbour million dollar views to the MBS and City Centre will be limited to Tengah HDB. Some condos like Pinetree and Puteri Cove will not be affected as the facing is towards Karimun and Singapore south instead of directly into Tengah

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF is going to cut down on the military spending budget and NS period ( hopefully to 6 months NS or 1 year ) as the threat of war is almost impossible with the MH-370 incident. Malaysia military is at most on par with East Timor and about 200 years behind Indonesia.

They banned Singapore jets to use their airspace to take off but they dont even know a commercial jet 10 times the size has entered their airspace and left their airspace passing by Kota Bahru and Penang air defence installations without both defence installations scrambling their airforce to intercept this MH-370.

That's pretty sad, really.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah. I think the mh 370 is mystery. Why the air force did not react is anyone guess, you will also wonder if the Thais detacted it or not since it was near the boarder.

Status
Not open for further replies.