• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I was right regarding CPF.
If you sever all ties with Singapore regardless of whether east or west Malaysia you can take out your CPF monies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Does anyone know where to buy fireworks/crackers during this period ? I cant find in pasar malam coz maybe not yet CNY .
Please pm me , thanks

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi - Has anyone here tried to apply for MM2H directly (ie without using an agent)? If you have successfully done so, could you pls send me a PM? Thanks!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I was right regarding CPF.
If you sever all ties with Singapore regardless of whether east or west Malaysia you can take out your CPF monies.

In Malaysia is also the same. I had a friend who migrated to Australia and she came back to renounce her Malaysian citizenship. I got her the necessary forms and she declared giving up her citizenship and passport. Got her EPF monies even though she is 45 yrs old.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ive got a friend who renounced their spore citizen n got all their cpf money n stayed in Aussie for 2 years then came back to live in spore but as a E pass holder ,they changed mind about Aussie being a better place but regretted but spore dont entertain them anymore cause they complain that cannot get job as asians n worried for children would be affected also, grass is greeener on the other side so dont repeat the same mistake ,this is just a good example.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Sunday December 8, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Sunday December 8, 2013 MYT 7:12:54 AM

Electricity GST cap may rise

BY YUEN MEIKENG

KUALA LUMPUR: The Government will consider raising the amount of electricity usage to be exempted from the Goods and Services Tax (GST) so that fewer consumers will be burdened.

The Finance Ministry’s GST adviser Datuk Kamariah Hussain said only consumers who used more than 200kWh of electricity a month would be taxed under the GST for their power usage.

Those who use 200kWh and below per month will not be charged the GST. A usage of 200kWh of electricity translates into a RM50 bill per month.

“However, we will study if we can raise the limit from 200kWh to 300kWh,” she said during a briefing on the implementation of the GST at Wisma MCA here yesterday.

The event was organised by the MCA Young Professionals Bureau and the Institute of Strategic Analysis and Policy Research.

During the briefing, a participant as well as bureau chairman Datuk Chua Tee Yong proposed that the Government increase the amount that could be exempted from GST.

“We hope that the ministry will raise it to 300kWh so that 70% of domestic users – or four million consumers – will be exempted from the GST,” Chua said.

Kamariah said the GST, when implemented in April 2015, would have to be paid on top of the electricity tariff hike by TNB to be effective Jan 1 next year.

On another matter, she said the Government would provide RM150mil to subsidise the accounting software, to be installed by small and medium-sized enterprises, which would impose the GST.

Asked how long the GST would remain at 6%, she said the Government had yet to fix a time limit.

Royal Malaysian Customs Depart*ment internal tax division director

T. Subromaniam said 200,000 companies earning above RM500,000 yearly were expected to sign up for the GST.

Under the GST, businesses with an annual turnover of RM500,000 and above will have to charge consumers the 6% GST for their products and services.

During the event, a member of the audience also proposed that the 10% service charge imposed by fast food restaurant operators be abolished.

“I take my own plate to my table and I even have to walk to the counter to get chilli sauce. So what kind of service do we get?” he said.

However, Kamariah pointed out that the service charge was not part of the GST but imposed by the operators themselves.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...to-lift-financial-burden-off-more-Msians.aspx

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://causewaylink.com.my/articles.php
I have check it out at TIC thread but not enough detailed info.
Can anybody help me on this? Been trying to get the bus no. and schedules since yesterday, and today too, could it be website under maintenance?
I am intending to visit LEGOLAND Hotel by car, but coming out by public bus or coach; need to be absolutely sure about what bus to take and exact time of departure. Btw, I am staying on the eastern side of Sg.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://causewaylink.com.my/articles.php
I have check it out at TIC thread but not enough detailed info.
Can anybody help me on this? Been trying to get the bus no. and schedules since yesterday, and today too, could it be website under maintenance?
I am intending to visit LEGOLAND Hotel by car, but coming out by public bus or coach; need to be absolutely sure about what bus to take and exact time of departure. Btw, I am staying on the eastern side of Sg.
http://www.legoland.com.my/plan/bus-services/ or take taxi.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
For CW3, the route starts from Perling Mall and end at Jurong East Interchange. Just want to check, do I need to buy the ticket online to guarantee a seat, or can I just board at CIQ 2nd link and pay cash? Has anybody tried it? Sorry if I sounded so country tortoise...

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
For CW3, the route starts from Perling Mall and end at Jurong East Interchange. Just want to check, do I need to buy the ticket online to guarantee a seat, or can I just board at CIQ 2nd link and pay cash? Has anybody tried it? Sorry if I sounded so country tortoise...

Just hop in n go.

Last edited:

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
WARNING TO WOULD BE PURCHASER OF RESALE PROPERTY

Just to share, there was a case where a buyer bought a brand new resale unit whereby developer provided 8 airconditioning unit throughout, upon taking over, buyer got a shock, all the aircon units were missing. Buyer checked with developer and confirmed that aircon were installed, buyer then checked with vendor, vendor told him that the sale was bare unit and nothing was written down as inventory. Who's fault?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
WARNING TO WOULD BE PURCHASER OF RESALE PROPERTY

Just to share, there was a case where a buyer bought a brand new resale unit whereby developer provided 8 airconditioning unit throughout, upon taking over, buyer got a shock, all the aircon units were missing. Buyer checked with developer and confirmed that aircon were installed, buyer then checked with vendor, vendor told him that the sale was bare unit and nothing was written down as inventory. Who's fault?

V strange story. Upon VP there will be a check list to sign by buyer before developer hands over e keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.