• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soil condition is critical to determine stability of a high-rise. There were quite a number of condos built on slope collapsed in Malaysia.

Only one called Highland Towers which is due to underground river soil erosion, not due to piling.
Others are land slides especially in Bukit Antarabangsa, Ampang where bungalows are built at the bottom of the hill. There's a case where couple of houses have to be demolished where it poses a danger to land slides too.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you should see for yourself wat is happening at 2nd Link during peak hour . Despite paying for $3.2 toll charge , they block a 4 lane express way into 1 lane , KNN !

Not sure abt Tuas side Bro, but it is undeniable that 1st link (SG side) has seen improvements from just 1 year ago. The same cant be said of MY side which leads to jams during weekends, as the jams extend from MY side all the way to SG side. And this jam situation can be easily solved simply by opening more MY counters.

You can send feedback to customs abt 2nd link situation 1. There's an official feedback channel.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who are thinking of renting out their HDB flat and stay in JB, better think again carefully:

MND set to decide on cap for foreign tenants in HDB blocks

SINGAPORE: The National Development Ministry will decide soon on an appropriate cap on the percentage of flats that can be sublet to foreigners in HDB blocks, so as to maintain the Singaporean character of the heartlands.

Writing in his latest blog entry titled "Preventing Foreigner Enclaves", Minister Khaw Boon Wan said in deciding the cap, he was mindful of the need to balance the impact on those who rely on subletting for additional income, especially the elderly.

Mr Khaw said HDB has completed its analysis on the current subletting situation.

Currently, less than four per cent of HDB flats are sublet to foreigners, excluding Malaysians.

However, the proportion could go up to nine per cent in some areas, or even 18 per cent in some blocks.

In Parliament recently, MP Foo Mee Har had shared her concerns about foreigner enclaves forming in HDB estates. She suggested a 10 per cent cap on the number of flats that could be sublet to foreigners in each HDB block.

Currently, only Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents can buy HDB flats. However, foreigners can rent rooms or entire flats. There is no cap on the number of flats sublet to such foreign tenants in HDB blocks.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt should cap the foreign ownership of HDB flats too i.e the percentage owned by permanent residents. Such simple percentage need to think so long to implement, so low efficiency compared to their Msia counterpart.

Those who are thinking of renting out their HDB flat and stay in JB, better think again carefully:

SINGAPORE: The National Development Ministry will decide soon on an appropriate cap on the percentage of flats that can be sublet to foreigners in HDB blocks, so as to maintain the Singaporean character of the heartlands.

Writing in his latest blog entry titled "Preventing Foreigner Enclaves", Minister Khaw Boon Wan said in deciding the cap, he was mindful of the need to balance the impact on those who rely on subletting for additional income, especially the elderly.

Mr Khaw said HDB has completed its analysis on the current subletting situation.

Currently, less than four per cent of HDB flats are sublet to foreigners, excluding Malaysians.

However, the proportion could go up to nine per cent in some areas, or even 18 per cent in some blocks.

In Parliament recently, MP Foo Mee Har had shared her concerns about foreigner enclaves forming in HDB estates. She suggested a 10 per cent cap on the number of flats that could be sublet to foreigners in each HDB block.

Currently, only Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents can buy HDB flats. However, foreigners can rent rooms or entire flats. There is no cap on the number of flats sublet to such foreign tenants in HDB blocks.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is going to benefit condo landlords.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is going to benefit condo landlords.

Still have plenty of FTs cannot afford or unwilling to rent condo with their salaries. So where can they stay?
Means even more new citizenships and PRs will be given out for them to buy or rent HDB flats? If so, lppl!!!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still have plenty of FTs cannot afford or unwilling to rent condo with their salaries. So where can they stay?
Means even more new citizenships and PRs will be given out for them to buy or rent HDB flats? If so, lppl!!!

HDB will use its unsold flats for rental. All money Ah Gong must earn.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The govt should cap the foreign ownership of HDB flats too i.e the percentage owned by permanent residents. Such simple percentage need to think so long to implement, so low efficiency compared to their Msia counterpart.

Correct! Y cant MIW learn fm their Msian counterpart? Put a cap 10 - 15% on PRs. Foreign tenants issue is actually secondary, imo. Or else where MIW want those workers to stay? Quarters?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can while HDB owners cannot when their block's 10% foreigner quota reached?
Double standards?

There r quite a number of such rental ex-HDB blocks e.g. Woodlands. It is not double standard. Ah Gong can do anything he wants e.g. by not classifying them as HDB.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct! Y cant MIW learn fm their Msian counterpart? Put a cap 10 - 15% on PRs. Foreign tenants is actually secondary, imo.

This will cause HDB price to fall n Pte property price to go up since PRs have to buy Pte properties. HDB owners beware.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, was away and now back.

Hope that everyone is doing well.

Been going through the toughest 6 months i ever had. Lots of turbulence, from simple misunderstandings to even having someone saying i insult people with money when they are just assuming without even knowing what i was going through at that time.

There was a lot of uncertainty with my work back then and it was a real challenge trying to balance life, work and business. Especially with work as together with all the commitments and last minute changes to both work and business, i really got tired. To a point that i was barely hanging on every day but i still put on a brave front and worked straight day and nights just to get things done.

Meanwhile, for those keen to relax this weekend and have a blast at an old game, yet learn typing at the same time. I know there is a newer paid version but you can get the older free version of Typing of the Dead here:

Typing of the dead download link:
http://cloudstor.es/f/goZ/

You will also need the Virtual clonedrive software to run the iso file that was downloaded.
http://download.cnet.com/Virtual-Cl...ml?spi=1cd820dcdb3a14a0289a11b266562aaa&dlm=0

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, was away and now back.

Hope that everyone is doing well.

Been going through the toughest 6 months i ever had. Lots of turbulence, from simple misunderstandings to even having someone saying i insult people with money when they are just assuming without even knowing what i was going through at that time.

There was a lot of uncertainty with my work back then and it was a real challenge trying to balance life, work and business. Especially with work as together with all the commitments and last minute changes to both work and business, i really got tired. To a point that i was barely hanging on every day but i still put on a brave front and worked straight day and nights just to get things done.

Meanwhile, for those keen to relax this weekend and have a blast at an old game, yet learn typing at the same time. I know there is a newer paid version but you can get the older free version of Typing of the Dead here:

Typing of the dead download link:
http://cloudstor.es/f/goZ/

Sorry to hear that. Maybe coming back to Singapore to work might work out better for you.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can while HDB owners cannot when their block's 10% foreigner quota reached?
Double standards?

Ah Gong can rent out the whole block to some pte company which then sublet to 100% foreigner ! When citizen question them , they say got nothing to do with HDB lor . The samething happened to our wet market , they rent out the whole market to Sheng Siong , which then rent at high rental to stall holders , Siong Boh ?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
This will be a difficult policy to implement.
Quite a number of elderly folks are depending on the rental to foreigners to supplement their income especially during their twilight years.

If it's not implemented properly there will be a severe backlash from the electorate. With an insufficient pension scheme in place this will not go down well with the public.

Khaw is aware of the problems. The monetization of the HDB was a cornerstone of the retirement plans that the government actively encouraged. Now that is being eroded. Middle class is slowly but surely being squeezed out.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry to hear that. Maybe coming back to Singapore to work might work out better for you.

Thanks, I still have my day job and this was related to my work in Singapore.
Just helping out for some property project deals here and there. I pretty much pass on all sub sale
deals to the agents as they do resale properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.