• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. I was not aware that the list only applies to the rental of whole unit. Still. Most people especially the old folks should probably be staying with their kids and would likely to be renting out the whole unit out.

Those situation whereby they lock out 1 room probably is more applicable to the younger generation that still investing in other properties which is probably those targeted by the government

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Gong can rent out the whole block to some pte company which then sublet to 100% foreigner ! When citizen question them , they say got nothing to do with HDB lor . The samething happened to our wet market , they rent out the whole market to Sheng Siong , which then rent at high rental to stall holders , Siong Boh ?

Yes, ppl just LL as no Ah Ma to watch Ah Gong. Only got Ah Boy but can't do anything.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
the policy only applies to those renting out the whole unit . the old folks shd be relatively safe...

Olf folks is how old huh ? 50 , 55, 60 , or 65 , in Singapore it keep shifting , blur also . Now I dont even know I am old or not . LOL

Last edited:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just cannot help myself from laughing when I read what you wrote! Me sama sama as you, sometimes! All thanks to our Sg govt! Keep changing until we cannot follow up. Thanks, really like what you wrote becos it makes me laugh and laugh! Just feel young at heart can liow!
Olf folks is how old huh ? 50 , 55, 60 , or 65 , in Singapore it keep shifting , blur also . Now I dont even know I am old or not . LOL

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct! Y cant MIW learn fm their Msian counterpart? Put a cap 10 - 15% on PRs. Foreign tenants issue is actually secondary, imo. Or else where MIW want those workers to stay? Quarters?

They highlighted got to be careful in implementing foreign tenant limit so as not to affect elderly, wow appear so caring but in the first place since when retirement is about renting out HDB rooms/flat and downgrading? It is becos the govt is not using the reserves - our money - on elderly, as what some forummer posted in other thread, where has all the money gone?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. I was not aware that the list only applies to the rental of whole unit. Still. Most people especially the old folks should probably be staying with their kids and would likely to be renting out the whole unit out.

Those situation whereby they lock out 1 room probably is more applicable to the younger generation that still investing in other properties which is probably those targeted by the government

I know one older couple sold off their 4 room flat and moved in with their son and daughter in law and children, within months they were quarreling and the older couple moved out to rent a 3 room flat for a period of time before they applied and got their elder studio flat....

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only way is to migrate out to another country.

Even Malaysian's working in Singapore cannot withdraw their CPF unless they give up all their PR status

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only way is to migrate out to another country.

Even Malaysian's working in Singapore cannot withdraw their CPF unless they give up all their PR status

give up PR also cannot take out . unless east malaysian.
any west malaysian give up PR and take out all CPF here? so far i don't know/hear of any.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it? Maybe I made a mistake regarding this. Thought that even if you are west Malaysia if you relinquish all your Singaporean links then you should be able to get your CPF out as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Singaporeans seemed undeterred by the recent property tax rules announced by the Malaysian government.

More than half of the 192 indicative bookings for the latest project in Medini Iskandar -- Paradiso Nuova -- came from Singaporeans.

Its developers say they are confident that the Medini properties will be exempted from the new cooling measures but analysts note that it might be best to wait for official confirmation to avoid disappointment.

Like other developments in Medini Iskandar, the new Paradiso Nuova is likely to remain exempt from any rules regarding the capital gains tax and the minimum investment value of properties.

Zhuoyuan Iskandar, a joint venture company backed by Chinese property developer Zhuoda Group and Malaysia's Iskandar Investment Berhad, say this is the assurance given to them by the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA).

From January 1, 2014, property sold within the first three years of purchase will be subject to higher capital gains tax of 30 per cent.

This is an increase from the 15 per cent for property disposed of within the first two years under Budget 2013 and the 10 per cent for property disposed of between the third and fifth year.

In addition, foreigners can only buy properties valued at RM1 million and above.

"'Generally I think all Medini projects have been exempted, prior to all these announcements, from property tax for first buyers, and are also exempted from minimum threshold from foreign investments,” said Zhuoyan Iskandar sales and marketing director Liang Thow Ming.

“We expect this to be extended despite the new announcements. We do not think we will be affected by the (new rules). On the contrary, it will push other buyers from the other parts of Malaysia to Medini."

The developers expect confirmation from the authorities in the next one to two weeks.

IRDA has written to Malaysia's Ministry of Finance to confirm that Medini is exempted from the real property gains tax. It has also written to the Johor Land Office on the area's exemption from the minimum investment value of at least RM 1 million.

Until then, market watchers say those keen on new projects like Paradiso Nuova can only register their interest to buy, before developers obtain the Advertising Permit and Developer Licence (APDL).

“Currently buyers are registering their interest for projects that have not obtained the APDL yet,” said Johnny Chng, OrangeTee head of international projects.

“If the APDL is not obtained prior to the implementation of the new regulation, which is minimum RM1 million investment value, then all these registration of interest of deals would not be able to go through. So the registration would be treated as null.”

At an average price of RM950 per square foot, the units cost between RM600,000 and RM1.6 million. So far, most of the 192 units booked are smaller units.

Half of the bookings are from Singaporeans with another 40 per cent from Malaysians, while the rest are from other nationals who are mainly from China and Indonesia.

The 382-unit development is just a tenth of the units that the developer will be putting out.

While the current development will target Singaporeans and Malaysians, the upcoming condominium on a nearby plot of land is slated to house 700 units and will also target Chinese and Indonesian buyers.

In the next seven years, some 16 acres of land in Medini will be developed into high-end residences through a joint venture backed by Zhuoda Group and Iskandar Investment at a gross development value of RM2.6 billion.

- CNA/ec

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/medini-iskandar-property/908320.html

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Forever young as far as CPF is concerned....

CPF, i already accepted it years ago as a form of indirect taxation.
Cash Prior to Funeral - For those morbid
Cash Personal Firewall - For those in IT industry
Cash Prison Fund - For those who think you will never see it
Can Pigs Fly - For those who think you will never see it
Committed Property Finance - For those who use it for HDB
Cost Plus Fee - What finance guys sees it
Critical Point Fund - What desperate folks at age 55 sees it
Collective Pay-keeping Force - What young folks sees it
Compulsory Paying Fund - What young folks sees it
Controlled Payment Fund - What regulatory folks see it
Can Pay Fine? - What an aunty would probably ask
Centre for People's Fund - CPF Building
Community Pub Fund - What they afraid old men would do with it
Close Personal Friend - What they are afraid would be attracted to old men with it
Community Policing Fund - What they need to do with it to prevent the previous 2 lines

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF, i already accepted it years ago as a form of indirect taxation.
Cash Prior to Funeral - For those morbid
Cash Personal Firewall - For those in IT industry
Cash Prison Fund - For those who think you will never see it
Can Pigs Fly - For those who think you will never see it
Committed Property Finance - For those who use it for HDB
Cost Plus Fee - What finance guys sees it
Critical Point Fund - What desperate folks at age 55 sees it
Collective Pay-keeping Force - What young folks sees it
Compulsory Paying Fund - What young folks sees it
Controlled Payment Fund - What regulatory folks see it
Can Pay Fine? - What an aunty would probably ask
Centre for People's Fund - CPF Building
Community Pub Fund - What they afraid old men would do with it
Close Personal Friend - What they are afraid would be attracted to old men with it
Community Policing Fund - What they need to do with it to prevent the previous 2 lines

haha, like the first one !

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 min makes a lot of difference!

Yesterday I reached CIQ at 6:20am. Cleared Singapore customs at 7:10am.

Today I reached CIQ at 5:55am. Cleared Singapore customs at 6:20am.

Status
Not open for further replies.