• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I see , that is bad . Need to hack walls or tiles to lay wires and pipings , it is messy and double work for us !

Hey Jason, yes some developments don't cover at all.
My 2 cents worth, if you can take the "ugliness" of it, then you can basically just drill a small hole, get them to install the aircons back to back.
As in blower inside, compressor outside. Its not as nice as if you consolidate all aircon compressors to one spot or conceal them behind some walls,etc
but it saves you alot of headaches, slightly easier to troubleshoot since its clear which compressor belongs to which. This simplifies the piping, etc
considerably and cuts down on overall costs. You can also deploy this one shot and finish the whole house in one day rather than have major hacking and pipe/cabling done. I have done this before, come into HH at 9am, by 5.30pm. All 2 houses were completed with 11 units of aircon.

Probably the other consideration is power as some rooms do not have spare power. It helps that most 1HP units are the normal 13amp plug type, just need to
watch if they are going to "steal" the power from a point not to overload it. Some people like a learned bro of mine has done even better and put in lots of power points, that way, its easier and better from a power usage perspective.

Auto gate wise, quite a few will do the basic wiring for you, just get a cheap and good autogate unit from guys like the one next to Station One cafe, about 1350 RM i think, the gear based type. Just use those and get them to install for you. It will cost slightly more if there isn't wiring, etc but its no bigger to this type of above ground units.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
not all houses have that in a package... i know those from KSL (Kempas Heights, Besteri Heights) have aircon point and autogate points included... even got free alarm....

but some developments dont have those freebies.... maybe just master room will have aircon point....

Indeed, quite a few don't have these, for me, i was quite lucky all of mine have the autogate points, just aircon wise, have to add in for some but 2 units didn't need to add in much so it was ok for me. Good points to note though when selecting properties if they matter to you. Some neighbours here didn't even install autogate even though they have the points. Others even convert to rail/sliding type. Yet others spent like 6-8k for a folding type which maximises your parking space area.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, quite a few don't have these, for me, i was quite lucky all of mine have the autogate points, just aircon wise, have to add in for some but 2 units didn't need to add in much so it was ok for me. Good points to note though when selecting properties if they matter to you. Some neighbours here didn't even install autogate even though they have the points. Others even convert to rail/sliding type. Yet others spent like 6-8k for a folding type which maximises your parking space area.

Bro Wuqi,

how would folding type maximise parking space? i tot normal gates already open outwards and wouldnt interfere with the parking space inside the carpouch?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at city square yday to collect copy of my title deed (yay!) at d lawyer office n saw a booth for Nongchik Heights. Looks good. Anyone knows anythg abt this?

By the way i also got receipt for Rm90 tax but not sure wat kind exactly but if its a yearly prop tax thingy excellent soooo u kno wat we sinkies will say when overseas bug things

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Geritan, Understand, then i stand corrected as indeed fans with lights are kind of limited. I used those from Adamas, each about 250 RM. Works so well for me that whenever possible, i will use this type of fans.

Where can I get this brand, in case mine give me problem again. Thanks in advance.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi,
How long does it take for you to get the title deeds? Say from the the time you receivedo the key?
Mine is taking forever so I want to know if this is norm or malaysia govt standard thing..
Rgds

Was at city square yday to collect copy of my title deed (yay!) at d lawyer office n saw a booth for Nongchik Heights. Looks good. Anyone knows anythg abt this?

By the way i also got receipt for Rm90 tax but not sure wat kind exactly but if its a yearly prop tax thingy excellent soooo u kno wat we sinkies will say when overseas bug things

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Harlo, I'm here and I'm back. Sorry to have gone quiet, as there were quite a lot of things happened that needed my attention.

No, I didn't go ahead, as advised by the fellow friends here. I had a reconsideration.

Btw, the senq vouchers start today? Have u managed to get more info? I need to catch up with the latest news :-)

Anyone know what happensnto Dreamoraction ? Suddenly no sound no pic Liao.
Wondering does he go ahead with ST.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am one that did exactly the same too lol ... It wasn't blocked and I even managed to get to Kota iskandar ... It definitely cuts down a lot of time!

It is blocked, but there is a little hole in the barricade which everyone drives through to continue on the highway towards Medini/Ledang. Dunno if it's up, but since everyone driving through, I just follow.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, that's great deal ... I recently spoke to Citibank, they said they could consider waiving the RM10 maintenance fee for the flexi account, as well as waiving the locking in period... But like many have mentioned, only 70% loan.

I did my semi-flexi loan via RHB and i got a free 24' flat screen tv too! Extremely happy with RHB.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u take loan with Citibank, they will give u the credit card too, as part of the loan package. That's what I was told few days ago by a Citibank officer

I also know that if u r a premier member of HSBC, they give you their premier MasterCard too, without any charges whatsoever

darn!..and i was still hoping to call in and waive the fees in future..like in SG..haha.

Yes. i think may get a DC since i only want the convenience of paying for purchases...not the credit facility cos i/r on CC can be a real killer.

cheers bro.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
What rate did u manage to get recently... I managed to get 2.415 few days back

u will be surprised bro. within 6 months they have transformed some of the units from just wall structures into about 70% done. Once more resources are freed up with more units done, the rest will get done in double quick time too. Actually one part of me hope they do quickly, cant wait to proclaim myself has a bona fide living in JB guy! but the other part hope they slow down,...cos need to pay money!..sian especially with the recent exchange rates dropping like dead flies.

cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are messing up the whole property system. It's so sad ... Sustainability? What sustainability with these trends!

Hi aperfectcircle0 bro, I have to post this quick to balance what I wrote earlier. It seems greens 22 x 75 have shot up to RM650k+ developer price this weekend. I do not understand hh prices anymore. Like is trying to catch medini prices......
Even the lady p becomes agent for subsale and resale on the side to get into the action. All I can say is be careful but I do not know better in this environment.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi,
How long does it take for you to get the title deeds? Say from the the time you receivedo the key?
Mine is taking forever so I want to know if this is norm or malaysia govt standard thing..
Rgds

Bro gunner
Actually i yet to get my hse keys. But i bought mine last yr bet 2nd to 3rd quarter '11. Supposed to collect in Jan d copy of title deed but was bz cos need me n my missus present to sign for d copy. Didnt know that we supposed to get d keys first before the title deed or vice versa cos my hse not yet ready tho almost complete. Btw this lawyer is d one Bro wuqi also uses i think. They are on d ball keepng me in d loop with docs/letters cc to me.

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will try to ask around for you with regards to med insurance.
Yes, if you want to be absolutely, positively safe? Just take international license in SINGAPORE and then use it here.
You can renew it yearly at the AA guys in SG.

I know lots who has been driving here for a while and lots now even have Malaysian cars.

Guys, again today someone tried to spread misinformation saying you can't buy a Malaysian car and yet another neighbour/friend of my mum told her that "You can't buy a house in MY as none of the houses here are freehold. All houses in Malaysia are 99 year leasehold." I don't believe your son can buy a Malaysian house and especially car, road tax and insurance he sure cannot buy!"

I really don't know where these people get their information from but this time luckily my mom already knows the facts so like me, we just didn't say anything. :(
The depth of misinformation is really serious.

Thanks a lot Bro wuqi. I would wait for your response.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.