• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha swim across, maybe I operate sampan services also :p

Actually, many orang asli land outside has been cleared. And they took down more just very short while ago ( i saw all th burned trees in black yesterday).

It's a nice place. And this launch will be phase 3. For this phase 3, all building specs will be the same as previous 2 phases. No change whatsoever to justify higher price. And no new landscaping. Normally, for new launches, there shall be something "extra" to ease the mind of customers to pay the higher price, apart from the rising construction cost.

Undoubtedly, The area is nice, private and feel secluded. Have to count on danga's development to bring up more commercial vibrancy.

At that price, what do u think bro?

Nice place. Near to Coastal Highway. Opposite the shores of Woodlands, can swim across. :smile:
But many plots of Orang Asli land around. Must make sure they are cleared.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
this kind of "service" has been widely "practiced" in those non-gated industrial estate. There is no other choice due to the non-existence of security on ground

Anyone heard of this security company, Ayu Edisi Security services Sdn Bhd?
They are going around old tamans in kempas collecting 'protection money'!
Telling residents they are providing security and protection to their tamans.
A Scam:confused:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha swim across, maybe I operate sampan services also :p

Actually, many orang asli land outside has been cleared. And they took down more just very short while ago ( i saw all th burned trees in black yesterday).

It's a nice place. And this launch will be phase 3. For this phase 3, all building specs will be the same as previous 2 phases. No change whatsoever to justify higher price. And no new landscaping. Normally, for new launches, there shall be something "extra" to ease the mind of customers to pay the higher price, apart from the rising construction cost.

Undoubtedly, The area is nice, private and feel secluded. Have to count on danga's development to bring up more commercial vibrancy.

At that price, what do u think bro?

It is a nice dream to be there ! You can sampan , even swim nude there . I would say good buy , so Dream ON and Action now , before it hit the million dollar mark like those well known waterfront living concept . BTW waterfront living is the next big thing lor :p

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha thanks bro for the reminder ... But can laguna ever live up to the standard of "seafront living concept"? I have my fair share of doubts leh ... In any case, even if it's not that, sprucing up with lots of greens in the vicinity will be great! But they claim that the lands outside are all under danga, and they have no clue what's happening. All banking on iskandar waterfront now !

It is a nice dream to be there ! I would say good buy , so Dream ON and Action now , before it hit the million dollar mark like those well know seafront living concept .

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau ... U always propose swim nude everywhere haha ... NI P8 was the first. Now danga/laguna ...

Btw, some speculators have started to flip properties at senibong cover Liao. Check it out :wink:

And btw, opposite senibong cove, mahabuilders are building senibong villas ... Started to sell. Starting 850k and above, after discounts

I have also been to sapphire 8 at bandar seri Alam. It's strata landed and I was gob smacked by the quality of this development. And they threw in a lot of high quality stuffs, like stainless steel and tampered glass for the staircase, ad living hall upstairs, centralized heater (for a house that is!), kitchen cabinet etc ... This was the best house I fell MoST in love with so far, but it's a bit far ...

It is a nice dream to be there ! You can sampan , even swim nude there . I would say good buy , so Dream ON and Action now , before it hit the million dollar mark like those well known waterfront living concept . BTW waterfront living is the next big thing lor :p

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, also porcelain tiles all over, including upstairs. Not just cheap ceramic.

And guess what, comes with alarm, unifi and an autogate is provided!!!!

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau ... U always propose swim nude everywhere haha ... NI P8 was the first. Now danga/laguna ...

Btw, some speculators have started to flip properties at senibong cover Liao. Check it out :wink:

And btw, opposite senibong cove, mahabuilders are building senibong villas ... Started to sell. Starting 850k and above, after discounts

I have also been to sapphire 8 at bandar seri Alam. It's strata landed and I was gob smacked by the quality of this development. And they threw in a lot of high quality stuffs, like stainless steel and tampered glass for the staircase, ad living hall upstairs, centralized heater (for a house that is!), kitchen cabinet etc ... This was the best house I fell MoST in love with so far, but it's a bit far ...

Laguna , very near to Bukit Indah , should be classified as a prime location once that whole place is being developed. Definately those future houses nearer to the waterfont by Danga will be above 1 million one lah . Currently the place look like very under develop , with some Orang Asli yet to settle somewhere .

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi hi, taman laguna will Be launching their type c and d terrace house (2700 - 2900 sq ft) next weekend, and the price ranges from 598k to 630k. This new price is exorbitant compared to their past launches at about 418k only (mid last year). However, on a psf basis, its only about RM 210 psf. Land size is 26 x 80 or 85. What's your view on this? Worth buying? Bro wuqi, any updates on your thoughts too please? Thx!

bro. i suppose these are intermediate units?...i think lots (end/corner) with some land at the side (min 10 ft) will be close to 700+ to 800+K?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup bro. Intermediate. Their end lot is without extra land. But higher cost due to the additional side wall to be built.

For corner, yes, it's much higher.

But even for intermediate, it's huge built up. And the land is already 26 by 80 minimally. So, if u compare to cluster, the difference is not that great in that manner, just that u don't have a open strip of land at the side ...

bro. i suppose these are intermediate units?...i think lots (end/corner) with some land at the side (min 10 ft) will be close to 700+ to 800+K?

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wanted a CC with rewards system tied with Petrol or/and Grocery, just like Citibank Dividend Card in Sgp.
Debit cards does not give good rewards and I always worry that it is not protected against fraud like credit cards do. Although there is a daily limit one can set, there seems to be no recourse should there be fraud committed, not caused by your own negligence. An eg is the card scamming fraud.

As for property loans, Citibank Msia has the flexi loan that has no set up fee, no maintenance fee, MRTA not complusory and there is a free gift for Home Furnishing. Interest rate should be competitive.

I have not signed up with them, so cannot comment on the actual, just based on what was emailed to me.

I use the Maybank Family & Friends card..
5% rebate on all petrol companies in Malaysia, 5% rebates from Giant and Tesco in malaysia.. rebates paid back monthly instead of quarterly accumulation of 50 dollars by Citi dividend card.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia sales is ok, but their after sales is non-existant.. let me narrate my experience..

1. Phone lines
The entire SEG is fixed with telecom phone lines which are used for Intercom as well. However the option of not subscribing is not available during vacant possession (VP). However as I did the backyard extension, informed Setia to get Telecom to reconnect the line twice.
Since Setia did not get it done, decided to terminate the line, in the end the Setia office says that they are only setting the connection, termination to be done by home owner. Went to Telecom Tun Aminah side to terminate the line.

2. Cracked water cistern. (WC)
Before CNY, found the master toliet WC cracked & informed Setia, they got the contractor to inspect & he commented that mine was the 3 rd case of crack WC. 5 weeks later when I returned, I checked with Setia whether the replacement has arrived & was informed that they had rejected the defect as it is deemed as "wear & tear". WC is merely a water container for flushing, yet they say that since defect did not exist during VP, they will not replace.
Written to their manager to request for a list of exclusions that Setia does not cover for the benefit of all who wish to purchase from Setia bcos of their 36 month warranty period. For those who purchased already, hope yours is not a lemon..

Cheers

Setia finally gave an official response to my WC defect complaint.
The rejection reason was that it was "ok" at point of handover. Now asking contractor to source for replacement..

For the other issue with phone lines, of the 200 plus RM 6 mth deposit, TM refunded 34 RM..
Hope no other future episodes with Setia, to avoid further disappointments..
2011-toliet3.jpgSetia Letter.jpg

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and gathered many useful information from this forum. Big thank you to all forumers. I bought a terrace at East Ledang and expecting it to be ready in early next year. Like to know has anyone engaged a professional house surveyor to assist in home condition survey before key collection?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rejection reason was that it was "ok" at point of handover. Now asking contractor to source for replacement..

For the other issue with phone lines, of the 200 plus RM 6 mth deposit, TM refunded 34 RM..
View attachment 3825View attachment 3826

I did not expect it to b that bad n dirty too, they did not clean up before handover? Glad they are changing.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 3825View attachment 3826

Avalon bro
Sorry to see d state of ur wc. Its worrisome with that kind of reply from Setia. Coz they can say for other things they hand over time it was ok. What if ur wall got cracks or pipe leakage due to wateva reason? U mean they can also say at time of handover it was ok what. Like that no need to give warranty till 2014 in ur case liao.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not expect it to b that bad n dirty too, they did not clean up before handover? Glad they are changing.

Actually collected keys in May 11 & did renovation till Sep 11.. the crack only occurred in Jan 12.
It was a weekend home for me so no issues till late Jan 12..

The TRC manager keyed the incorrect VP dates.
Getting my own contractor to source as Setia will not replace the WC based on their official response.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avalon bro
Sorry to see d state of ur wc. Its worrisome with that kind of reply from Setia. Coz they can say for other things they hand over time it was ok. What if ur wall got cracks or pipe leakage due to wateva reason? U mean they can also say at time of handover it was ok what. Like that no need to give warranty till 2014 in ur case liao.

Actually a lot of things depend on their mercy because once you start renovations , a lot of waranty void liao .
Some how they will link those cracks / pipe leakage to your contractors / reno . Something like sending your new car to outside workshop during warranty period .

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avalon bro

Precisely my fear.. the WC was not disturbed during the renovation & that my neighbour has completed his reno as well..
If there is any tremors, my tempered glass shower screen will be first to go.. but it remains perfectly intact..
36mth warranty, wonder what they will actually cover???

Lesson learnt, hope other bros do not experience such inconvenience as me..

Status
Not open for further replies.