• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually a lot of things depend on their mercy because once you start renovations , a lot of waranty void liao .
Some how they will link those cracks / pipe leakage to your contractors / reno . Something like sending your new car to outside workshop during warranty period .
Bro,
Stocked toliet bowl & cistern.. did not even alter the pipings since I install water heater with pumps instead of altering shower source to mains instead of water tank..

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,
Stocked toliet bowl & cistern.. did not even alter the pipings since I install water heater with pumps instead of altering shower source to mains instead of water tank..
I know , that is why they lan lan make replacement . But some how you will need to endure their crabby excuses before they get things done one .

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let’s turn JB into iconic waterfront city

It is the magic of the water that should draw you to a waterfront city. Besides that, it is the fun factor and the glitter attached to it that are all too hard to resist.

Venice, Amsterdam and Cape Town are cities that continue to be ever so popular and even Sydney's waterfront has icons like the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay that attracts millions of tourists every year.

A website lists seven interesting waterfront cities that include Spain's San Sebastian “whose promenade stretches from one edge of the arching coast to another littered with a number of parks, cafes, hotels, pavilions and boardwalks''.

Baltimore, Stockholm, Hamburg, Nice, and Porto in Portugal are some of the alluring waterfront cities that capture the travellers' heart.

Closer to home, Johor Baru is in for a rejuvenation into a waterfront city. Hopefully, whatever it is doing will put it on the ranks of the top 10 waterfront cities in time to come.

The idea of transforming JB, among others, was centred on capturing the spin-offs of businesses and traffic into Singapore, which now has a resort element that is attracting visitors by the droves.

Hence Iskandar Malaysia was created. But after five years, are we there yet?

Certainly not, but progress has been made, in some parts more and in others less. A larger part of the rejuvenation means JB needs investors some have come, some have come and left, but the net is still out there to get more as the whole development is just too huge to rely on two, five or even 10 investors.

Iskandar Malaysia has five zones. The city centre falls under Zone A, which includes Danga Bay. This covers the southernmost strip that stretches from the west to east and will be revived into a waterfront gold coast consisting of luxury hotels, condominiums, high-rise offices and tourist attractions. At night, it should stand out like a blanket of glitter overseeing Singapore. The gross development value of Zone A runs into RM80bil for now.

Zone B covers Nusajaya, where UEM Group has huge tracts of land being developed into superb residential areas, with houses there fetching minimum prices of RM400,000. Legoland, which is 60% complete, should open its doors by year end.

Zone C is the western gate of Johor, where a mammoth petrochemical and maritime hub is taking shape. Zone D covers the eastern gate, where Johor Port is located. It will be the learning zone where universities and colleges will be located.

Recently, Danga Bay got a shot in the arm with a RM200mil injection from the Federal Government to jumpstart the project, which will have a marina, cruise terminal, fisherman's wharf, shopping malls, hotels and residential buildings along the Straits of Johor. Perhaps the money is to match what businessman Datuk Lim Kang Hoo the man behind Danga Bay has pumped in over the past 15 years.

There are many more highways and infrastructure being laid out and JB at a glance appears to be bustling with activities. However, the main question is, can all these developments take off the way they were planned and can they generate enough economic activity for sustainability?

For one, Danga Bay is suddenly getting more queries and investor visits but can that be said of the other developments?

The Iskandar Malaysia project will create hundreds to thousands of jobs over the years and the economic spin-offs are really unimaginable for now. However, this is a long-term project and as Lim puts it, “maybe the full completion would not be in my lifetime”.

To make it all happen, everyone involved has to move at lightning speed so that JB can be an attraction for any travellers to Singapore, or else, we may just miss this window of opportunity.

Deputy news editor B.K. Sidhu thinks AirAsia's Tan Sri Tony Fernandes should consider taking over India's Kingfisher Airlines to expand into the Indian sub-continent now that AirAsia has a base in Asia and recently, the Middle East.

By The Star

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avalon bro
Sorry to see d state of ur wc. Its worrisome with that kind of reply from Setia. Coz they can say for other things they hand over time it was ok. What if ur wall got cracks or pipe leakage due to wateva reason? U mean they can also say at time of handover it was ok what. Like that no need to give warranty till 2014 in ur case liao.

Hi,

Was surprised that during handling over, Setia did not appoint an officer to the house with the owner to go through the whole house together, writing down the defects n counter sign? That should be the usual practice..

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Was surprised that during handling over, Setia did not appoint an officer to the house with the owner to go through the whole house together, writing down the defects n counter sign? That should be the usual practice..

I m sure they did....i think wad happened to bro avalon is that the WC suddenly cracked in the month of Jan.... it's kinda hard to justify as to how did the WC simply just crack after a few mths after the VP.

like wad bro jason mentioned, it's like a car's warranty... as long as you have mod ur car, ur warranty is void.... i felt that's quite impossible to claim any warranty from the developer once renovation has started... the developer can always say that this or that defect is caused by ur contractor.... how to justify?

therefore, my plan is to left my house untouched for 6 to 9 mths after collection of keys to see if the walls will crack, the ceiling will leak or my pipes will explode, before i start renovation....

nicholas1213

Alfrescian
Loyal
no worries bro. felt secured with the planned CCTV and comprehensive home alarm system. thats why started thinking.

Yes grilles look ugly..no doubt. but i think after a while, will be able to get used to it..Also grilles is not exactly cheap.

Will eventually take cue from neighbours. if they dont install and i install,...sure kanna by robbers (this house has something valuable!)..haha. if they install and i don install, also sure kanna by robbers also (easy target!)...haha..

cheers bro.

Yup, agree that grilles do spoil the overall look and feel like you are living in a cage - restricted freedom. However security is still something not to be taken lightly, especially in JB town. For some people like me, it just give me a peace of mind for having an additional protection layer. Perhaps some grilles with nicer look? :smile:

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw some really tasteful designed grills at Nusa duta - those occupied cluster homes. Maybe u can check out too :smile: if u manage to find out the supplier of those grills, please kindly share with us :smile:

Yup, agree that grills do spoil the overall look and feel like you are living in a cage - restricted freedom. However security is still something not to be taken lightly, especially in JB town. For some people like me, it just give me a peace of mind for having an additional protection layer. Perhaps some grills with nicer look? :smile:

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
do take note of the factor of "how many points to cut before the robber can break in" when choosing the grilles though...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw some really tasteful designed grills at Nusa duta - those occupied cluster homes. Maybe u can check out too :smile: if u manage to find out the supplier of those grills, please kindly share with us :smile:

Why dont you take a pic and post it here . We will know how to get contractors to copy cat it lah .

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya. Okay I will do that next time I go that area. Never bothered to take pics yet as I'm not in the stage of renovating mah :(

But it's good to learn and take note early. So I will do that, snap pics of the designs I see and share here as much as I can :smile:

Why dont you take a pic and post it here . We will know how to get contractors to copy cat it lah .

nicholas1213

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau ... U always propose swim nude everywhere haha ... NI P8 was the first. Now danga/laguna ...

Btw, some speculators have started to flip properties at senibong cover Liao. Check it out :wink:

And btw, opposite senibong cove, mahabuilders are building senibong villas ... Started to sell. Starting 850k and above, after discounts

I have also been to sapphire 8 at bandar seri Alam. It's strata landed and I was gob smacked by the quality of this development. And they threw in a lot of high quality stuffs, like stainless steel and tampered glass for the staircase, ad living hall upstairs, centralized heater (for a house that is!), kitchen cabinet etc ... This was the best house I fell MoST in love with so far, but it's a bit far ...

Bro glad to see that you are back.

I just dropped by Senibong Cove last weekend. I think they are going to launch a condo nearby the entrance there somewhere in the middle of this year, price from above 450k.. For landed property, all double-storey houses that were launched before all sold out (except some are available now in sub sale market), moving on they will only launch semi-D & Bungalows on the island itself.

Saw the whole plan of Senibong Cove. Overall I think the concept is not bad, just that the location is a bit far. Also, the salesman is frank enough to bring up the river pollution issue as there are some light industries on the river up-stream, and they are working on it. Another thing came into my mind, for those developments around river / lake, it always looks good in the brochure, but quite often we find the water is either yellow / brown rather than the advertised crystal clear water. I'm no expert in water treatment processes but again just hope that those developers can do something to enhance the overall water quality, or else rather than enhancing the surrounding, it will become a spoiler to the whole neighbourhood. Afterall, buyer do pay a premium for those water-front projects..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m sure they did....i think wad happened to bro avalon is that the WC suddenly cracked in the month of Jan.... it's kinda hard to justify as to how did the WC simply just crack after a few mths after the VP.

like wad bro jason mentioned, it's like a car's warranty... as long as you have mod ur car, ur warranty is void.... i felt that's quite impossible to claim any warranty from the developer once renovation has started... the developer can always say that this or that defect is caused by ur contractor.... how to justify?

therefore, my plan is to left my house untouched for 6 to 9 mths after collection of keys to see if the walls will crack, the ceiling will leak or my pipes will explode, before i start renovation....

Bro,
Think the developer will give same reason that it did not crack during the joint inspection. Anyway since we bought the place & paid the interest for the housing loans, better enjoy it rather than let it idle for 6 mths.. :smile:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

6 to 9 months bro?...dont think I can wait that long man. its like asking teenagers these days to wait till after marriage then have sex!..haha.

i think developer has no excuse whatsoever with regards to warranty. The fact that the WC cracked (and its not the first case) means that their WC has no standard and will crack sooner or later regardless of cause of damage. i.e. it is entirely plausible a fat ass will crack it over time too. Setia has to be responsible for installing low quality WC made in some back yard home factory!..and that goes for the rest of the house.

Bro avalon should have banged the tables harder,..and not let it go just like that..i feel is basic consumer/home owner rights we are talking here. Setia being a major developer has lorry loads of these WCs stashed in some warehouse somewhere. It will practically cost them nothing to rectify the fault and take the opportunity to score points in support service. Really bad judgement on their part in the way they handle this case.

cheers.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
do take note of the factor of "how many points to cut before the robber can break in" when choosing the grilles though...

Bro,
The alarm sensors are attached to the grilles so the alarm will go off.. hope the grilles & alarm combo acts as a visual deterrent for would be burglars..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah bro. Glad to be back too :smile:

I looked at some sub-sale units at the straits view condo. It's close to the senibong cove also. Although the water/river didn't look clean, at least while I was there, I didn't experience any foul odor. So that should be a bigger relieve to the residents :smile:

For the condo, what's the minimum size, if u have any idea? I guess about 700 sqft perhaps, for the price tag of 450k. The price for the elita and the marina view were very steep too.

I think most of the developers will push the responsibilities to the council, as the developed don't own it, unless they create a man-made lake within. Even for the casa almyra, there were reports that there were foul odors from the straits but there was nothing the developer/residents could do ...

Bro glad to see that you are back.

I just dropped by Senibong Cove last weekend. I think they are going to launch a condo nearby the entrance there somewhere in the middle of this year, price from above 450k.. For landed property, all double-storey houses that were launched before all sold out (except some are available now in sub sale market), moving on they will only launch semi-D & Bungalows on the island itself.

Saw the whole plan of Senibong Cove. Overall I think the concept is not bad, just that the location is a bit far. Also, the salesman is frank enough to bring up the river pollution issue as there are some light industries on the river up-stream, and they are working on it. Another thing came into my mind, for those developments around river / lake, it always looks good in the brochure, but quite often we find the water is either yellow / brown rather than the advertised crystal clear water. I'm no expert in water treatment processes but again just hope that those developers can do something to enhance the overall water quality, or else rather than enhancing the surrounding, it will become a spoiler to the whole neighbourhood. Afterall, buyer do pay a premium for those water-front projects..

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's your recommended design and what's the Max "points" a grill has?

well.. those tic tac toe kind of design definitely has the most points.... but of cos its extremely ugly....i

Some says that wrought iron grilles are stronger and has nicer designs... but i noticed that many of the wrought iron grilles available are pretty thin, hence it will take little effort to cut thru....

i think grilles is one of the best form of security.... it not only deters the robbers, it also delays their entry after the broke the window and trigger then alarm....

it really boils down to the owner's preference.... i like the vintage scandinavian look....some grilles with more 'point' does matches that taste...

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 to 9 months bro?...dont think I can wait that long man. its like asking teenagers these days to wait till after marriage then have sex!..haha.

i think developer has no excuse whatsoever with regards to warranty. The fact that the WC cracked (and its not the first case) means that their WC has no standard and will crack sooner or later regardless of cause of damage. i.e. it is entirely plausible a fat ass will crack it over time too. Setia has to be responsible for installing low quality WC made in some back yard home factory!..and that goes for the rest of the house.

Bro avalon should have banged the tables harder,..and not let it go just like that..i feel is basic consumer/home owner rights we are talking here. Setia being a major developer has lorry loads of these WCs stashed in some warehouse somewhere. It will practically cost them nothing to rectify the fault and take the opportunity to score points in support service. Really bad judgement on their part in the way they handle this case.

cheers.
Bro,
Maybe if I tried hard enough, I can get the replacement WC.. however will have to follow up with sufficient pestering & chalk up my phone bills..
Besides I think they are not focused towards customer satisfaction hence no point wasting time..

Status
Not open for further replies.