• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I dont really think the Greens Terraces are value for money.

According to bro trithl's earlier post,

House price 600k + Stamp Duty = 13k + Interest 25-30k (assuming complete in 2 and half years) + Foreign levy = 13k
Upfront cost is 660k.

Agree it's not really compelling for a 22x75.

Waiting to see how well the launch really goes.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
The below is an extract from Legoland website FAQ on their annual pass.

Q. Are there further discounts for the Annual Pass if I am a Malaysian?

A. The current Pre-opening Annual Pass Voucher (pre-opening promotion) is already an extremely heavily discounted package.

<<Extremely Heavily Discounted>>....wow!...interesting language..haha.

cheers.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the hours when the links are typically backed up and in which direction?

M-F 7 AM - 9 AM going into Singapore on causeway?
M-H 5PM - 8 PM going to JB on the causeway?
F, S and S 6 PM - 10 PM both directions on the causeway?

or what?

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to bro trithl's earlier post,

House price 600k + Stamp Duty = 13k + Interest 25-30k (assuming complete in 2 and half years) + Foreign levy = 13k
Upfront cost is 660k.

Agree it's not really compelling for a 22x75.

Waiting to see how well the launch really goes.

Although the price is deemed as a little on the higher side (Developer is getting arrogant and confident about the sales, thus no promotion and rebates), here's the analysis based on the current subsale market:

The Gateway 20x70, buildup = 18xx sqft - Owner trying to sell 480k, bank valuation at 430k-450k.
The Gateway 22x70, buildup = 21xx sqft - Owner trying to sell 550k, bank valuation ??

The Greens 22x75, buildup = 22xx sqft - selling at 580k onwards.

So looking at the current subsale market, The Greens is actually priced to match the secondary market. I would say the response should be quite encouraging as well, judging that 580k is still relatively cheap for Sinkie to own a BRAND NEW holiday home in HH.

For those that complain The Hill 26x80 homes are too expensive, they will come back for this.

When I was at HH over the weekend, I saw a lot of units already have registration on them. Especially the row in cul-de-sac, all are being booked by at least one person.

But again, who knows...so let's see...

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The below is an extract from Legoland website FAQ on their annual pass.

Q. Are there further discounts for the Annual Pass if I am a Malaysian?

A. The current Pre-opening Annual Pass Voucher (pre-opening promotion) is already an extremely heavily discounted package.

<<Extremely Heavily Discounted>>....wow!...interesting language..haha.

cheers.

It would make sense to me that they give heavy discounts to the daily package for Malaysians. The yearly pass is a great bargain compared to the daily pass if you use it a bunch (even 2 times and you are way ahead). My guess is this is because they know tons of people will not go back the entire year. The daily fee seems ludicrously high to me. But what do I know, I am sure lots of people will pay it. I think they are aiming way to high for that fee though.

Discounting daily tickets would let them discount during low use times. I would guess there will be low use times during the year. That is when you should give Malaysians big discounts, in my opinion (based on what I know about business).

Also they will probably give big discounts through organizations. That lets you even further limit those that can avoid the full, high daily cost, but lets you fill up the park when you don't have it full with those paying the extremely high daily fee.

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although the price is deemed as a little on the higher side (Developer is getting arrogant and confident about the sales, thus no promotion and rebates), here's the analysis based on the current subsale market:

The Gateway 20x70, buildup = 18xx sqft - Owner trying to sell 480k, bank valuation at 430k-450k.
The Gateway 22x70, buildup = 21xx sqft - Owner trying to sell 550k, bank valuation ??

The Greens 22x75, buildup = 22xx sqft - selling at 580k onwards.

So looking at the current subsale market, The Greens is actually priced to match the secondary market. I would say the response should be quite encouraging as well, judging that 580k is still relatively cheap for Sinkie to own a BRAND NEW holiday home in HH.

For those that complain The Hill 26x80 homes are too expensive, they will come back for this.

When I was at HH over the weekend, I saw a lot of units already have registration on them. Especially the row in cul-de-sac, all are being booked by at least one person.

But again, who knows...so let's see...

wa.. that is low for Gateway place..

I think mine was a end lot unit 22x70. bank loan me 80% based on the value of 600,000 RM..

i will wait for my valuation and see how much does it cost actually..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property Agent is pushing me to go and sign SPA asap.

He mentioned that I must do it within a month from the offer..

I still in the midst of remitting $$ over.. gonna do 9 freaking times!!

Gosh..

only done it twice, and tonight going to do my 3rd rounds...

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sunset,

Which area did you go for car glooming? Normally I will patronize those along Jln Dato Abdullah Tahir, where the competition is stiff (car wash + vacuum/clean interior for RM8, wax+polish for RM150). Somewhere nearby is the site for Setia 88, which slated to be the tallest skyscraper in JB with around 50-60 floors. Really look forward but I will be happier if any developer would clear up the mess at Pacific mall (what an eyesore and embarassment, an abandoned project for >10yrs) prominently located near JB custom.

Actually there are plenty of good makan places in JB downtown, for instance "Gu Zhao Ren" at Jln Harimau, Emperor herbal chicken at Taman Sentosa and Hainanese chicken cutlet at Jln Trus are very famous. If you want to taste the wanton noodle by Ho Seng Kee, be prepared to wait for 0.5 to 1hr during the weekend.:biggrin:
For hi-tea, can try the sky lounge at Grand Paragon. Excellent view on top and the ambience was really nice, ordered beer and food (servings for 2) & the bill was around RM70+.

Beware if you intend to go for car accessories shops in JB, many are contented to do "one-time business":mad:Hence I only spend on essential items for my car.
Awaiting for your photos and report on latest findings at HR surrounding area..:biggrin:

recently was at mega champions to replace my car DVD player which have konk off (and is sucking the car battery dry every time) with a made in malaysia one (ALS) for S$290 ALL IN. So far so good. In SG, a made in china OEM with similar function will set you back at least S$350 i think. I know the branded ones are selling at least $500+..

cheers.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I dont really think the Greens Terraces are value for money.

Can you share why you think so?

I concur with you sentiments and for me, I pulled out my cheque as I expect this launch to be very hot and I dont like to have to ballot for a unit I like - I prefer to wait and buy in a more subdued market.

To be honest, there were very few units I fancied on Green Terraces, strictly judging based on site plan.
All the corner units on the left are west sun and all the corner units on the right, are next to the main road leading to lots of houses and after that, Fairway Suites -I expect these to be a bit noisy.

Type A compared to Type B?
Prefer Type A too.

Anyway, looking at the scale of Horizon Hills, there will still be plenty of choices for a few years to come... and maybe can get a bargain if "recession-proof" JB takes a bit of a hit later this year or in the not-too-distant horizon...

Sunset

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sunset,

Which area did you go for car glooming? Normally I will patronize those along Jln Dato Abdullah Tahir, where the competition is stiff (car wash + vacuum/clean interior for RM8, wax+polish for RM150). Somewhere nearby is the site for Setia 88, which slated to be the tallest skyscraper in JB with around 50-60 floors. Really look forward but I will be happier if any developer would clear up the mess at Pacific mall (what an eyesore and embarassment, an abandoned project for >10yrs) prominently located near JB custom.

Actually there are plenty of good makan places in JB downtown, for instance "Gu Zhao Ren" at Jln Harimau, Emperor herbal chicken at Taman Sentosa and Hainanese chicken cutlet at Jln Trus are very famous. If you want to taste the wanton noodle by Ho Seng Kee, be prepared to wait for 0.5 to 1hr during the weekend.:biggrin:
For hi-tea, can try the sky lounge at Grand Paragon. Excellent view on top and the ambience was really nice, ordered beer and food (servings for 2) & the bill was around RM70+.

Beware if you intend to go for car accessories shops in JB, many are contented to do "one-time business":mad:Hence I only spend on essential items for my car.
Awaiting for your photos and report on latest findings at HR surrounding area..:biggrin:

Hi Truly Asia,

Thank you for your warning:o, will be more cautious of that about car accesories fitting, I had once went to a car shop opposite the Old Town Coffee shop or besides the King of steamboat at Indah Bestari? Had my car fix of the scuff plate but did not want lights connection, meaning when car door open, they will be lights on the scuff plates, worry warranty void. Chare me about $80 sing, if not is about $120 bucks.
For the car waxing, I must be the "carrot" already:mad:, I did it at 96 Car care shop in Jalan Indah 1/10. If you go to HR via the main road, just go towards the end of the road, than turn left and make U turn, it is facing the main road. Using Magieur Wax, hope is correct spelling. But car turn out quite shiny though, but I only own this car for 3 years and wash and wet wax almost every Sunday, so condition still quite ok.
He....... your infor about the surrounding very good but am quite blur as to their whereabouts:o But will try to navigate my way there though....:smile:
As for the pictures of HR, I tried lastnight but without success as is like 3MB for one pictures , perhaps you can tell me how to post it ?:o Pai seh..... am quite IT dum...b:o
Keep the infor coming please, really appreciate it, cheers!:smile:

Sunset

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Yong Lip,

Thanks for the infor, yes I had been to Mega Champion too, that roll of shops, but I choose TT sports 4 -5 shops away from mega champions to get my full body kit at $500 sing, but they did not do a good job as my left hand side car skirting peel off and have to make another trip there to re-fix it. So be aware if you drop by there and want to take a risk with them.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sunset,

I think this is the standard market rate in Bukit Indah for polish & wax, don't get so upset:wink:
When you travel from Bukit Indah Jusco towards Horizon Hills, turn right after the HR advertisement board.
This road will lead you to Nusa Idaman, on your left you can see they are clearing the forest (near precinct 7 of Nusa Idaman).

Hi Truly Asia,

Thank you for your warning:o, will be more cautious of that about car accesories fitting, I had once went to a car shop opposite the Old Town Coffee shop or besides the King of steamboat at Indah Bestari? Had my car fix of the scuff plate but did not want lights connection, meaning when car door open, they will be lights on the scuff plates, worry warranty void. Chare me about $80 sing, if not is about $120 bucks.
For the car waxing, I must be the "carrot" already:mad:, I did it at 96 Car care shop in Jalan Indah 1/10. If you go to HR via the main road, just go towards the end of the road, than turn left and make U turn, it is facing the main road. Using Magieur Wax, hope is correct spelling. But car turn out quite shiny though, but I only own this car for 3 years and wash and wet wax almost every Sunday, so condition still quite ok.
He....... your infor about the surrounding very good but am quite blur as to their whereabouts:o But will try to navigate my way there though....:smile:
As for the pictures of HR, I tried lastnight but without success as is like 3MB for one pictures , perhaps you can tell me how to post it ?:o Pai seh..... am quite IT dum...b:o
Keep the infor coming please, really appreciate it, cheers!:smile:

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
in layman term, if one is getting similar price in JB vs SG, then must be carrot loh:biggrin:

recently was at mega champions to replace my car DVD player which have konk off (and is sucking the car battery dry every time) with a made in malaysia one (ALS) for S$290 ALL IN. So far so good. In SG, a made in china OEM with similar function will set you back at least S$350 i think. I know the branded ones are selling at least $500+..

cheers.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking to head to Johor over the week end, can some one let me know of the various options i should look at /enquire about for terrace/cluster houses around the Nusajaya vicinity.

Any contact numbers of some reliable agents to share for this area will be good.

Thanks!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking to head to Johor over the week end, can some one let me know of the various options i should look at /enquire about for terrace/cluster houses around the Nusajaya vicinity.

Any contact numbers of some reliable agents to share for this area will be good.

Thanks!

Bro..good luck with the expected mother of all jams over the weekends. haha.

for resale you can check out

www.thinkproperty.com.my

loads of agents there..

cheers.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the jam is only at teh causeway/2nd link /immigration can you confirm this?

Or is it even within skudai/Johor/Nusajaya area?

I think only causeway and 2nd link will jam , especially Sat . Sunday may or may not .
The town area wont jam lah . Traffic might be heavy at Nusa Bestari Area .
BTW , should be bad time to go house hunting as the sales people are all in CNY mood . Might tell you all sold out liao , haha !

Status
Not open for further replies.