• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely at the checkpoints. As Bro Yonglip said, this will be "mother of all jams". If you can, avoid this weekend otherwise you can safely claim to have been through the worst! Most of the SPR (who has relatives in Peninsula Malaysia) will be heading back regardless of races because of long weekend and schools are off too. If you are in JB, places will be generally more crowded including eateries.

I thought the jam is only at teh causeway/2nd link /immigration can you confirm this?

Or is it even within skudai/Johor/Nusajaya area?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is really nothing special about the terraces at the Green. One could easily get a RM 400+K terrace at Nusa Bestari or Bukit Indah and with fully renovation. Once u pay RM 650K for tihs terrace, you spend RM 100K to renovate it.. how much are you planning to sell ? The terraces for resale at Gateway is now selling at RM 500k only..

Thanks for your pov.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is really nothing special about the terraces at the Green. One could easily get a RM 400+K terrace at Nusa Bestari or Bukit Indah and with fully renovation. Once u pay RM 650K for tihs terrace, you spend RM 100K to renovate it.. how much are you planning to sell ? The terraces for resale at Gateway is now selling at RM 500k only..

Hi, darn... gateway only selling for 500k?

mine is end lot, at most fetch 580k ?..

:(:(

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, darn... gateway only selling for 500k?

mine is end lot, at most fetch 580k ?..

I think the discussion about Greens pricing pertains more to purchasing from an investment perspective. For you and I, buying for own stay, doesn't really matter if we can't sell it for a profit in the near future, or even if prices tumble.

We are buying to be relaxed and comfortable, that is priceless.

BTW, I got my keys today. Hope your S&P signing goes smoothly.

Terrible terrible jam returning to Singapore by Causeway today around 4.30pm.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think only causeway and 2nd link will jam , especially Sat . Sunday may or may not .
The town area wont jam lah . Traffic might be heavy at Nusa Bestari Area .
BTW , should be bad time to go house hunting as the sales people are all in CNY mood . Might tell you all sold out liao , haha !

Thanks bro....
I will be travelling by public transport then to minimise the hardships of a jam in which case.

Will look out for the buses which go from singapore to malaysia using the 2nd link ....

Actually wanted to ideally live inside horizon hills for a couple of nights to feel how it is to live.. but did not find any one who could offer me a short stay. so will be staying in a hotel and just explore teh area...

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
So let me see what the worst case would be like, i am guessing that saturday whole day would be crowded untill evening for traffic towards Johor....

Definitely at the checkpoints. As Bro Yonglip said, this will be "mother of all jams". If you can, avoid this weekend otherwise you can safely claim to have been through the worst! Most of the SPR (who has relatives in Peninsula Malaysia) will be heading back regardless of races because of long weekend and schools are off too. If you are in JB, places will be generally more crowded including eateries.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonight's TV news reported that even with this crisis, developing countries (eg. China) still have very good room for growth. Experts forsee 2012 growth for (in general);
1) Developing countries - Healthy growth of +5.x%.
2) Developed countries - Poor growth of +1.x%
3) European countries - Will go into negative.

Thus in general, developing (upcoming) regions do receive a different impact from the crisis as compared to developed countries. Let's hope that Iskandar will continue to have a healthy growth this year.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if one has a terrace in the Hills (which costs about 800K not including renovation), how much do you think one should sell it?

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro teck21,

Congratulations! I can imagine the happiness when you got the key. It will take me quite some time to get my house key.

I think the discussion about Greens pricing pertains more to purchasing from an investment perspective. For you and I, buying for own stay, doesn't really matter if we can't sell it for a profit in the near future, or even if prices tumble.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrats teck21.
It must be a very nice feeling. I hope to be same by later this year.. Hope along the way you can share your adventures in buying furnishings & fittings, dealing with JB contractors & vendors etc...
Indeed Iskandar gives a chance to have a good quality of life and an oasis of comfort & relaxation to head towards ...and also a safety net for retirement age that is also inflation-hedging...

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the discussion about Greens pricing pertains more to purchasing from an investment perspective. For you and I, buying for own stay, doesn't really matter if we can't sell it for a profit in the near future, or even if prices tumble.We are buying to be relaxed and comfortable, that is priceless.BTW, I got my keys today. Hope your S&P signing goes smoothly.Terrible terrible jam returning to Singapore by Causeway today around 4.30pm.
Congratulations Bro. Wish you you a Happy and Peaceful stay.I would like to wish all Gong Xi Fa Cai and a Prosperous Peaceful year to ALL.

Bastian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys and girls,
Is there any ID or contractor you would recommend for jb property?
Please please let me know. Thanks so much. :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately I have to cross the causeway this Sunday for reunion dinner.

Btw, heres wishing all the forumers here a Happy Lunar New Year! 恭喜发财!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats teck21.

Indeed Iskandar gives a chance to have a good quality of life and an oasis of comfort & relaxation to head towards ...and also a safety net for retirement age that is also inflation-hedging...

Now u get me started, maybe allow me to list the pros and cons of getting a place in JB...especially for newbies who are still undecided...

Pros.
1. Inflation hedging
2. Retirement place
3. low entry price compared to similar house type in SG
4. Allow for 1+1 model - stay in one, rent out the other
5. Diversify across currency (SG and RM)
6. Space for kids to play and learn, store things etc
7. Lower cost of living
8. Holiday home allowing for short getaways. springboard to other parts of Msia

Cons.
1. bottleneck at checkpoints
2. security concern
3. public transport lacking
4. language can sometimes be a hinderance

To me, the pros simple outweigh the cons..haha.

cheers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Yong lip aka fengshui master,

Any pro to live in JB looking from fengshui perspective?

Happy Chinese New Year to one and all.

Now u get me started, maybe allow me to list the pros and cons of getting a place in JB...especially for newbies who are still undecided...

Pros.
1. Inflation hedging
2. Retirement place
3. low entry price compared to similar house type in SG
4. Allow for 1+1 model - stay in one, rent out the other
5. Diversify across currency (SG and RM)
6. Space for kids to play and learn, store things etc
7. Lower cost of living
8. Holiday home allowing for short getaways. springboard to other parts of Msia

Cons.
1. bottleneck at checkpoints
2. security concern
3. public transport lacking
4. language can sometimes be a hinderance

To me, the pros simple outweigh the cons..haha.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.