• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow. Great story.

I will take good care of it. I will ask my kids to give natural fertilizer everyday on to your memorial tree ... Ha ha

Not to mention the neighbourhood cats and dogs too as they come by to pay their respects daily, in loving memory.

Jokes aside, my esteemed father in law came by, took a look and said whats lacking now are two durian trees.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it is scary, have to give them something to fall back on as if they fall in SG, it will be very serious. I see lots of people starting businesses here in Johore, as they are more risk taking and also they feel more comfortable that even if they fall, they can easily pick themselves up again.

Take a look at the different SMEs in Malaysia and you would know the fertile environment. Ali Cafe can pack and go, Moonlight Cafe starts shop beside Station One. It is not just F&B but other industries as well.

Here in Singapore, the major brands dominate the scene. Small boys have lower chance of succeeding. And there's always the high rental to counter with.

In Malaysia, if KL is expensive, you could go to the outskirts or other states. And in each state, the same costs alternatives play out the same way too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Take a look at the different SMEs in Malaysia and you would know the fertile environment. Ali Cafe can pack and go, Moonlight Cafe starts shop beside Station One. It is not just F&B but other industries as well.

Here in Singapore, the major brands dominate the scene. Small boys have lower chance of succeeding. And there's always the high rental to counter with.

In Malaysia, if KL is expensive, you could go to the outskirts or other states. And in each state, the same costs alternatives play out the same way too.

Definitely agree with this, more business friendly and can see more risk takers here. People with the drive to succeed AND being given the chance to flourish/shine.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have heard talk that SG govt agencies have KPIs to move SG SMEs to JB at a rate of 10% per annum. That should help prop up JB's economy. But yes, i agree a 3rd bridge & MRTs are a necessity. Both customs have also not been operating at full capacity, leading to jams.

For those who are banking on the explosion of growth in Nusajaya, watching this space is important.

The Singapore Government's agenda is Land Intensification; it is the new buzz word.

If they succeed in diverting frustrated low value businesses to Johor instead of Batam, Cambodia or Vietnam, then that will be another spurt of growth coming up.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, so that they can truly have a glowing economy and citizens with glow on their faces/bodies.

I remember Asean was supposed to adopt the ZOPFAN charter and also nuclear free? If Fukushima did not teach any lesson to these leaders then maybe dig into history n look up for Chernobyl?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Investor - They almost always get it wrong but i don't mind.

Yes - Wuji (as in Zhang Wu Ji but in Hokkien, sounds like Got Balls) - Definitely got balls
Wu Yi - (Got loyalty but Mandarin translation, not so good) - I prefer the loyalty version as it means a lot to me.
Wu Di - (No enemies/unparalled/invincible in Mandarin but in Hokkien means the person is present/at home)
- I prefer the "at home" version since i am far from invincible.

Anyone called you Wu Lui (rich man)?

:P :P :P

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely agree with this, more business friendly and can see more risk takers here. People with the drive to succeed AND being given the chance to flourish/shine.

We Msian Chinese got no choice lah. "second class citizens" in our own country and sometimes labelled "pendatang" by some quarters. So its either do or die trying. No choice. We are not whingers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know Cheng Ho invested Laksa.. I guess he must be eating something fishy till lao sai and thus durian tree... and vomit unit it become laksa...

Maybe can open a Cheng Ho Laska in Bukit Indah.. This will be the authenic laksa.. much better than Katong 328 laksa.. Jia liao sure lao until pant wet wet...

Wow, you want to be Laksamana Cheng Ho? I think then he also invented Laksa because everyone who saw him said, Laksa mana? (Where is the Laksa, - a traditional peranakan dish)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see that in a good way. This made many of you to be always seeking the greener Pasteur and be more hungry in seeking financial independence. They are loyal and are someone who we can look up to and depend on. Yes ironically, my best buddy is a Malaysian. Bro wuqi has also just commended something very good about his Malaysian friends which I can totally relate to

We Msian Chinese got no choice lah. "second class citizens" in our own country and sometimes labelled "pendatang" by some quarters. So its either do or die trying. No choice. We are not whingers.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you be even more gross than this? Yak yak ...

I don't know Cheng Ho invested Laksa.. I guess he must be eating something fishy till lao sai and thus durian tree... and vomit unit it become laksa...

Maybe can open a Cheng Ho Laska in Bukit Indah.. This will be the authenic laksa.. much better than Katong 328 laksa.. Jia liao sure lao until pant wet wet...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks investor - they almost always get it wrong but i don't mind.

Yes - wuji (as in zhang wu ji but in hokkien, sounds like got balls) - definitely got balls
wu yi - (got loyalty but mandarin translation, not so good) - i prefer the loyalty version as it means a lot to me.
Wu di - (no enemies/unparalled/invincible in mandarin but in hokkien means the person is present/at home)
- i prefer the "at home" version since i am far from invincible.

anyone called you wu lui (rich man)?

:p :p :p

lmao :d :d :d

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, can u share more on this new buzz word? Meaning all should be skyscrapers to reduce the land consumption?

For those who are banking on the explosion of growth in Nusajaya, watching this space is important.

The Singapore Government's agenda is Land Intensification; it is the new buzz word.

If they succeed in diverting frustrated low value businesses to Johor instead of Batam, Cambodia or Vietnam, then that will be another spurt of growth coming up.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
last sat went to chua kee for dinner and while we just reached the car park and waiting for my bro in law's car , saw a family walking to take their car , the chinese driver was like talking to me in a loud voice , he said " wa , i feels like i am in singapore , so many singapore cars are here," so i looked at him then his relative responded to him , driving a sg car could be also malaysians . and when he drove away , he still gave me a kind of look ! his car plate starts from Bxx , wonder from which state.

then upon sitting at the coffeeshop , a not so old man came along to promote his medicated oil , we politely told him we dont want and he keeps saying , RM12 is not expensive if u convert to SGD etc , very annoying ! to shoo him away in order to enjoy our dinner , i paid him and took the medicated oil !

so not going to visit chua kee anymore , will try e new chua kee ! hope dun have all these irritating ppl !

Car plate B something is from Selangor.

http://www.jpj.gov.my/plateno.html?sessionID=$1$9l6nJp/X$FDreAEQdnMuOeZyJcc/Zd

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
true lor , haiz ... sinkie so pathetic , no place to welcome them ... and our dear mr pinky still wants us to integrate with the new citizens and immigrants!
but in jb , we never disturb or annoy them at all , we have min 500k to buy the properties , we are not fighting houses with them .... they have to be a little open lor ....

Most important difference is we don't take away jobs from the locals. Seriously, I dont mind working at a leisurely pace at the locals' pay but of course their govt make sure this does not happen, unlike PAP.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, can u share more on this new buzz word? Meaning all should be skyscrapers to reduce the land consumption?

If they can do that factories and commercial spaces, I think they would.

But essentially, they are looking out for high value added type of industries.

Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemicals, Clean Technology, Electronics, Food (R&D and not central kitchens), Furniture (design and not manufacture), Infocomm, Logistics, Marine Offshore, Media and Precision Engineering.

No time for unglamorous industries like recycling, packaging or garment manufacturing.

So in that sense, if I understand the mandarins based on my engagements with them, it is to get a higher yield from each square foot of land that the Singapore Government dishes out.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important difference is we don't take away jobs from the locals. Seriously, I dont mind working at a leisurely pace at the locals' pay but of course their govt make sure this does not happen, unlike PAP.

If we can, we should do what our forefathers did when they came to the South.

Help the Malaysians and particularly people in Johor. Support some charities in the name of the new Iskandar residents or better still, build a school or something constructive to their livelihood.

Let's not take millions from the tax payers by playing ping pong well.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this investment analysis reminds me of something, one Australian ex colleague ever told me when Perth house prices started rising due to immigration, there were people always saying the price would drop. But it did not and instead prices went up continuous for ten years! So as long as there are people flooding to a place, the price will go up!

Status
Not open for further replies.