• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256 said:
This is mainly for air travel as most countries have that restriction especially for air travel.
My wife is more than 6 months now.

We are driving across a bridge, so far my other friends have done the same.

Thanks for the reply. Don't mind me asking. Is your gynae in SG? Would it be difficult to time the delivery from across the causeway? [you don't have to reply if it's too sensitive]

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
checkers said:
Hsbc loan officers do come over to singapore , their svc is good but disbursement of loan may not be as efficient as local banks - that's what I heard :smile:

Actually the HSBC banker handling my loan did offer to come to Sg to settle my loan stuffs. You can try RHB bank as well as they gave me the best overall package..

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG passport cannot, if a new passport is issued, then you have to use the MACS. I did have a bro who used his old MACS sticker on his new passport, just tear off and use double sided tape. To be safest though, just get new MACS with the new passport.

FYI - you can even apply macs at Jusco bukit Indah. They have a counter in between Lavender and Jusco. Hope this helps.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I wonder if u know how much their landed terrace cost in china, maybe in a Psf basis? Is there no more room to them to invest in their own country? Sorry, I know nuts about china market ...

I read that investors from China are big and conspicuous investors particularly in Canada, Australia, Dubai and Singapore. If Malaysia and Singapore could offer them good opportunities and make them feel welcome, I would think it is more natural for them to invest in Malaysia and Singapore also. After all both countries are nearer and have large Chinese population.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi lonelysin, I was referring to questions about driving in MY with Malaysian car. Still got this question twice last week. Only way to go into SG with MY car is with a hired chauffer or unless you have special permission from LTA in advance.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I've been to ST. If you compare setia tropika and bukit indah, I would say most of people prefer bukit indah as the infrastructure there are better. I myself prefer bukit indah. It's the feel and the environment.

ST is actually pretty ok but just that traffic can be bad on weekends.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some stories I heard about Laguna. Maybe some bro's here can verify. The quality of first phase houses build are not up to standards. e.g. Floor tiles are not even.

Laguna design is big. 24 x 80. One needs to pass through some native kampung before reaching Laguna. In terms of location of course Laguna is nearer to causeway compared to setia tropika and bukit indah. In terms of convenience e.g. food, transportation, infrastructure of course nusajaya area is better.

I have alot of malaysian friends, one is working as a manager in a factory in jb for 10 years. he's currently drawing 7K/month. a 500K house is a burden to him as he has a family to feed. Imagine besides housing installment, there's university fees for the childrens, petrol and toll, food, etc. Not easy as what he mentioned.

Another one is a fresh grad with 2 years work experience drawing only 3K/month. Single person. After deducting CPF and tax monthly income is 2.6K. Needs to pay for car installment 600, study loan 400, petrol and toll 400, food 500, entertainment etc 300...all gone. no savings. still staying with parents. Unable to buy a house in nusajaya. Sad but true. Majority of the normal and average malaysians cannot afford to buy.

I will still stick to my personal opinion that those rich malaysian tycoons, businessman, datuks and those working in singaporean are the ones that can afford buying a property in Nusajaya area.

You are well entitled to your personal opinion. :smile:
Here are some of mine, based on what little i know:

Some of those renting at highest prices or buying the most are from KL/Penang apparently and some are actually working in projects for Johore.
There is also a group set up to looking into building/buying properties from China. They have been active for the past 1-2 years.

There were also more than 100 units in HH that were bought by companies from Sri Lanka, companies like Lankasia for example.

Laguna had some early problems to be sure, my very early postings already talked about the issues it had back then. Have you been to Laguna recently? Danga has bought up most of the land all around Laguna, there has been a lot of changes and more incoming changes to that area has been planned.

I have posted some housing website about the prices in Nusajaya, for the benefit of yourself and your local friends, here it is again. There are still quite a few properties way below the 500k mark (look below the rental units on top) that is in Bukit Indah (Nusajaya).

One is even below 250k and i am not even talking about low cost or medium cost housing for which there are still units available.
This site is taken from iproperty.com.my:

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propert...mbu=&xbu=&lo=&wp=&wv=&wa=&ht=&au=&ns=1&sby=ap

Bukit Indah, NusajayaRM 225,000
11 Photos2-sty Terrace/Link House : 4 | 3

Furnishing: Unfurnished
Posted Date : 05/03/2012

Agent: Cherrie TanClick for Phone number

Map Directions

View Details | Add To Shortlist | Send Enquiry
TAMAN BUKIT INDAH, NusajayaRM 260,000
7 Photos1-sty Terrace/Link House : 3 | 2

Posted Date : 05/03/2012

Agent: CY TanClick for Phone number

View Details | Add To Shortlist | Send Enquiry
NusajayaRM 270,000
1-sty Terrace/Link House

Posted Date : 11/01/2012

Agent: sima propertiesClick for Phone number

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some stories I heard about Laguna. Maybe some bro's here can verify. The quality of first phase houses build are not up to standards. e.g. Floor tiles are not even.

Laguna design is big. 24 x 80. One needs to pass through some native kampung before reaching Laguna. In terms of location of course Laguna is nearer to causeway compared to setia tropika and bukit indah. In terms of convenience e.g. food, transportation, infrastructure of course nusajaya area is better.

I have alot of malaysian friends, one is working as a manager in a factory in jb for 10 years. he's currently drawing 7K/month. a 500K house is a burden to him as he has a family to feed. Imagine besides housing installment, there's university fees for the childrens, petrol and toll, food, etc. Not easy as what he mentioned.

Another one is a fresh grad with 2 years work experience drawing only 3K/month. Single person. After deducting CPF and tax monthly income is 2.6K. Needs to pay for car installment 600, study loan 400, petrol and toll 400, food 500, entertainment etc 300...all gone. no savings. still staying with parents. Unable to buy a house in nusajaya. Sad but true. Majority of the normal and average malaysians cannot afford to buy.

I will still stick to my personal opinion that those rich malaysian tycoons, businessman, datuks and those working in singaporean are the ones that can afford buying a property in Nusajaya area.

More information and choices, please help to direct them to these sites as sub 500k properties which are not open to foreigners are still available.

http://tophills.com.my/Property.asp...PriceMax=0&PriceMin=10000000&Keyword=nusajaya

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
More like these which definitely foreigners cannot buy since 2 years back.

These in Nusajaya are still below 500k today which foreigners still cannot buy:
http://www.tophills.com.my/Real-Estate/BUKIT-INDAH/House-2-Storey/Property-2012020251.aspx

If 400k too expensive, still have double storey one at: 335k
http://www.tophills.com.my/Real-Estate/BUKIT-INDAH/House-2-Storey/Property-2012030080.aspx

Below 300k:
http://www.tophills.com.my/Real-Estate/BUKIT-INDAH/House-2-Storey/Property-2012030133.aspx

Single storey at below 200k
http://www.tophills.com.my/Real-Estate/NUSA-BESTARI-2/House-1-storey/Property-2012020259.aspx

These listed are agent prices, there must be still other cheaper options if a foreigner can find these information so easily.

If those who say they don't/cannot use internet, public banks have auctions/foreclosure choices and
regular launches of properties are still distributed by pamplets in major shopping areas.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if anyone has replied to you but you can check out the Nusa Idaman website at: http://nusaidaman.com/
Their sales office is off the T-junction within the taman.

dear all,

i am new to this forum and looking forward to purchasing a home in Nusajaya. Have gone through this thread and seems like NI & HH are the only possibilities. Although manage to find details regarding HH, but couldnt locate any wesite related to NI. Seeking advice from the experts here to let me know where is the Nusa Idaman sales office and how it can be reached from Singapore or from bukit indah. unable to find any website related to Nusa Idaman project details.

cheers!
homeinjb

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi EDTBA,
So how much did you pay for your corner unit of Alphenor? I am in Casea Gardens which is the precinct opposite yours.
Alphneor looks to be ready for key collection in few months time.. congrats & looking fwd to cya around.. (though I am a weekender =)

For now, how abt an evening shot at the lake within the estate..
View attachment 4239

Hello avalon74,

The offer price was MYR589,000 for my unit. All the promotional discounts and fees absorbtion during the launch last year applied, so all in all, I think it was a fair deal. I was told the Alphenor handover will be around this time next year as the external works are still on-going.

Thanks for the pic, I look forward to enjoy such scenery in person :-) And yes, I look forward to meeting up with fellow residents at SEG. in the near future.

Cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, the minimum width of the smallest house in taman laguna is 26", not 24".

We are aware that some atas developments in JB are indeed priced out of the reach by the locals. But u also have to associate the price to the space that u will get. Using your example of laguna, it has 6 bedrooms with a minimum built up of 2,700 sq ft, and a considerably big land area of minimum 26 x 80.

If you look at the lower cost housings (<300k), the price tag might be lower, but the space is significantly smaller also, usually less than 1,600 sq ft with only maximum 3 rooms (based on my observation from the resale market).

People are upgrading houses because 1) getting more affluent 2) family size increases 3) better security 4) investment etc

Using these few factors as a comparison, I don't quite see a point why the price in laguna is deem unreasonable when the price is in proportion to the space u get, and in fact much better with the added security, added designs and quality materials used and much more.

Using your friend as an example, if he as a sole breadwinner decides to move into a big house like laguna with 6 rooms, is this more relevant to say that this is a luxury more than a need? So luxury do come with a steeper price tag, without a doubt. But then again, for a big big family, which Malaysian family usually is (including the parents, in-laws etc), I think 600k price tag is very value for money, but dual-income family will find it more palatable.

There are indeed many lower cost houses in jb, like bro wuqi has pointed out in so many links. For new-built, there is also nusa bayu, with price tag started from less than 300k when it was launched. Now it's about 300k to 350k I think, before discounts.

In a nutshell, there are tons of options out there, and one should only buy within means and with needs. Remember, snakes can always try to shallow their prey more than their stomach could take, and even if it can shallow it, it might face difficult in digestion and killing itself instead. Likewise for human beings :smile:

Btw, no one development is perfect. Don't make yor judgement call if u haven't seen it all. It sounds like u haven't heard of the horror stories from other atas tamans, including HH? :smile:

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with preference. Everyone has different criteria and ST checked more boxes on my checklist at one particular point :smile:

I've been to ST. If you compare setia tropika and bukit indah, I would say most of people prefer bukit indah as the infrastructure there are better. I myself prefer bukit indah. It's the feel and the environment.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, this is like comparing me against buying in orchard road. My case would be worse, because I can't even afford to buy a toilet space within a landed property in orchard hahaha (FYI, bukit indah was being referred to as orchard belt in here last time)

Just a laugh. Monday blues, go go go away :smile:

Hi brother wuqi,

Thanks for the below info. The property listed below are definitely below 500k. This also depends on the criteria for locals.

I got to know about HH units being bought my companies from Sri Lanka and they are currently renting it out. From time to time they will try to sell some of the units off. That is what I'm told by one of the agent few weeks back.

Before buying a property, one needs to consider few options.
1. Must be gated and guarded.
2. Convenient, near to public amenities e.g. transportations, banks, shopping complex, restaurant, shops.
3. Easy accessibility.
4. House size, build up and land area.
5. Community around.
6. Freehold or Leasehold

A very good example is cluster in bkt indah. If i'm not mistaken they are selling it at 888K and for the cluster in mutiara mas, they are selling at 550K++. A difference in price of 200-300K. That is alot for local malaysians.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.