• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats bro on taking your first step towards an alternate but more liberating lifestyle. I would have assumed you have done all your homework bro cos SEG is located quite far in. That said, its truly a nice place with tons of greenery and fresh air.

cheers.

Bro,
Thats one reason why I chose Eco Gardens instead of Bukit Indah during 2009....
Though the traveling time to BI is a chore.. (10 mins drive)
Hope it feels the same way 10 yrs on..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, such is life!! No longer a hole with no views ... So relaxing.... Nice!!

Hi EDTBA,
So how much did you pay for your corner unit of Alphenor? I am in Casea Gardens which is the precinct opposite yours.
Alphneor looks to be ready for key collection in few months time.. congrats & looking fwd to cya around.. (though I am a weekender =)

For now, how abt an evening shot at the lake within the estate..
View attachment 4239

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I wonder if u know how much their landed terrace cost in china, maybe in a Psf basis? Is there no more room to them to invest in their own country? Sorry, I know nuts about china market ...

Ok, just got an update from the good bros, from recent trends shared by a very learned bro and todays roadshow in SG, seems the Chinese are really coming in big time to properties here. Again, treat this news as just for reference, buy mainly for own use and go for developers as much as possible.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro,
Thats one reason why I chose Eco Gardens instead of Bukit Indah during 2009....
Though the traveling time to BI is a chore.. (10 mins drive)
Hope it feels the same way 10 yrs on..

Good for you and i sincerely hope it will remain great for you. One of the mechanics here wanted to buy there in the past but shared with me his findings.
If not for him, probably i would have bought 1 just to diversify back then.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, I wonder if I know how much their landed terrace cost in china, maybe in a Psf basis?

Depends on which tier city.

According to my learned friends, those who are coming are either the first 2 with minority in the 3rd:

1. Park their money somewhere safe when things implode over there.
2. Rich investors who are diversifying their investments
3. People running away with "black" money

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal

This JB MP, Shahrir Abdul Samad is a maverick MP...but I doubt it will lead to any thing big...Toll will still be collected at the CIQ...Otherwise, how to finance the the cronies....At the end of the day, he will still have to toethe line or be dropped as a candidate for the next GE...

Somehow, this EDL thing is just not major yet...

Look at this FB page...http://www.facebook.com/pages/100000-malaysian-say-NO-to-EDL-must-pay-toll-at-CIQ-JB/236918386394315 not even 50 'likes'...hahaha....

Maybe it will be left to the 'minorities' to 'take charge'...
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/ka-siong-chased-out-by-hostile-rally/
Sigh~~~~~~~~~

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, such is life!! No longer a hole with no views ... So relaxing.... Nice!!

Paiseh.. not view of my home.. haha
shot taken from the common garden of the estate..
Still have not explored the entire garden, one of these dayz will visit the bird santuary area which is quite deep in..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
So another NATO with no real power? Then no hope Liao ....

This JB MP, Shahrir Abdul Samad is a maverick MP...but I doubt it will lead to any thing big...Toll will still be collected at the CIQ...Otherwise, how to finance the the cronies....At the end of the day, he will still have to toethe line or be dropped as a candidate for the next GE...

Somehow, this EDL thing is just not major yet...

Look at this FB page...http://www.facebook.com/pages/100000-malaysian-say-NO-to-EDL-must-pay-toll-at-CIQ-JB/236918386394315 not even 50 'likes'...hahaha....

Maybe it will be left to the 'minorities' to 'take charge'...
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/ka-siong-chased-out-by-hostile-rally/
Sigh~~~~~~~~~

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you and i sincerely hope it will remain great for you. One of the mechanics here wanted to buy there in the past but shared with me his findings.
If not for him, probably i would have bought 1 just to diversify back then.

I do have my fair complaints abt the developer Setia which I posted..
However my family & myself really enjoys the trips to SEG..

Too bad I din visit HH in 2009.. else I might up up buying HH instead.. haha

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds exciting indeed. I love birds. I had lovebirds (parrot) and budgies before ... They were tamed and so adorable to play with. But lovebirds could be a bit vocal at times, especially when they want attention ...

Paiseh.. not view of my home.. haha
shot taken from the common garden of the estate..
Still have not explored the entire garden, one of these dayz will visit the bird santuary area which is quite deep in..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah bro. Thanks. But I got that info from setia when I was looking at ST. The unit that I looked at was above 500k, but I remember we talked about this, and he said foreigners can buy below 500k as it was commercial title. Anyway, cleared the air now, and it doesn't matter because I didn't go ahead in the end.

Btw, talking about HSBC, they are aggressive now. They are now willing to process loan request without even the need to submit an application form (well, for my case anyway). I only submitted some documents and they approved. However, if one has no fixed income, they still won't lend money by pledging FD. Other international banks do. So HSBC is still losing out on this ...

Bro, until last year, i still had people claiming that they were told by agents/banks that they can buy that 300k house or 250k condo. It will still be subject to the rules from FIC in the end.

Ok wow, good to know, finally tying their own shoelaces.

Still remembered, the worst bank that ever treated me was Public Bank when the teller pushed all the money over the counter and i had to pick up one by one. I didn't give up and still kept smiling, went upstairs to the chap in charge of my account. He apologised profusely, made a couple of agitated calls. I then went down and was served by the same teller only she was smiling now, would you like an ATM card with this account? Of course, when they give good rates, i still ask my friends to go to them no matter what bank treated me badly.

For car loans, from the bros here, the best is Ambank as they are very forgiving even if you are late.
For housing loans, from my learned friends it turns out to be Maybank as they are willing to re-neg the
terms rather than send you to the dogs the minute you are in trouble.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I do have my fair complaints abt the developer Setia which I posted..
However my family & myself really enjoys the trips to SEG..

Too bad I din visit HH in 2009.. else I might up up buying HH instead.. haha

Thanks avalon74, this forum was never about HH but about choices and options. For example if you get EL, i will be equally elated for you.

Every developer has its own issues, just some more than the others. If not for some bad apples spoiling the crate, i would have bought back then. (Case in point, not naming any developer. Someone promised their client something, client bought but on S&P signing told that all the goodies they were promised actually expired before they signed... Another one, they said they cannot cover the terms promised as there were no company stamp on the doc) These and other unpublished issues slowly eroded what i thought was a solid developer. So for those closest to me, i will do my best to get them to buy something else.

It doesn't matter where as long as its a reasonable place with good consideration for safety and serenity, everything else is a bonus.

Bros and sisters here, no development is perfect. Remember you can always change the internals to suit all your personal needs but you can never really change what is external. Proximity to undesirable areas or facilities etc

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see ... Here is my ranking for the banks, just based on the criterion of customer service alone. Not talking about loan packages.

1) hong Leong and Citibank - equal at first place
2) cimb
3) UOB
4) rhb
5) alliance
6) may bank
7) HSBC

Hsbc is being ranked last despite their improvement, because they do play difficulty at times, and they don't go the extra mile like meeting up in Sg to deliver documents or signing documents etc.

Bro, until last year, i still had people claiming that they were told by agents/banks that they can buy that 300k house or 250k condo. It will still be subject to the rules from FIC in the end.

Ok wow, good to know, finally tying their own shoelaces.

Still remembered, the worst bank that ever treated me was Public Bank when the teller pushed all the money over the counter and i had to pick up one by one. I didn't give up and still kept smiling, went upstairs to the chap in charge of my account. He apologised profusely, made a couple of agitated calls. I then went down and was served by the same teller only she was smiling now, would you like an ATM card with this account? Of course, when they give good rates, i still ask my friends to go to them no matter what bank treated me badly.

For car loans, from the bros here, the best is Ambank as they are very forgiving even if you are late.
For housing loans, from my learned friends it turns out to be Maybank as they are willing to re-neg the
terms rather than send you to the dogs the minute you are in trouble.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I see ... Here is my ranking for the banks, just based on the criterion of customer service alone. Not talking about loan packages.

2) cimb
3) UOB
4) rhb
5) alliance
6) may bank
7) HSBC

Hsbc is being ranked last despite their improvement, because they do play difficulty at times, and they don't go the extra mile like meeting up in Sg to deliver documents or signing documents etc.

Thanks Alliance, SCB and UOB ranks the lowest for me, some in part because of their arrogance or tardiness.
Despite the poor experience with PPB, they rank the same as HLB for me. By the way, heard Kate just moved
to OCBC. Alliance though has soften their stance on taking on accounts on deposits.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

2) cimb
3) UOB
4) rhb
5) alliance
6) may bank
7) HSBC

Hsbc loan officers do come over to singapore , their svc is good but disbursement of loan may not be as efficient as local banks - that's what I heard :smile:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and sisters here, no development is perfect. Remember you can always change the internals to suit all your personal needs but you can never really change what is external. Proximity to undesirable areas or facilities etc

Well said & totally agree..
Hope the new shophouses in estate will offer some breakfast options in future..

Status
Not open for further replies.