• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an intolerant thing to say!

But at least he makes the distinction between what Christianity teaches and what Christians do, though he 100% made extreme claim as if ALL Christians are intolerant. Has he met EVERY Christian that ever lived? Besides, it's not about being tolerant or intolerant, it's about what you are tolerant or intolerant about. Betcha the village atheist can't make this simple distinction.

He was a real human being and no some kind of fable story character that can live up to 800 years. If not, he could have witnessed lately some christian pastors being called up for kopi sessions by ISD:wink: The troubles and disharmonies all over the world, at least of one of the abrahamic faiths is responsible:wink: Period.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
“For seventeen hundred years the Christian sects has done nothing but harm”

-Voltaire

bears.png

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“For seventeen hundred years the Christian sects has done nothing but harm”

-Voltaire

bears.png

Done NOTHING but harm? That's nothing but hogwash claim.

And do you know what the Hebrew word "naar" means? Betcha do not. Village atheists don't use their brains much. So when they come across a Biblical text that puzzles them or seems objectionable to them they don't bother to dig further. They don't do word study or check up commentaries to resolve difficulties. They just decide that it must be a flaw and thus damaging to Christianity. Yes, they are THAT superficial, which is why it is so easy to expose them for their abysmal ignorance.

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using Voltaire's English usage in his time, he meant most harm than good:wink:

Continuing harm and distruction...although there are some rare goodness done by christian like mother theresa:wink:

Con Hee can be dealed by the laws, but there will be a similar con hee coming. Period:wink:

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Snooze Button

What if life had a snooze button?

It does.

It is labeled procrastination.

A snooze button simply allows you to stay where you are a little
while longer instead of getting up and going.

That's exactly what procrastination is.

There is a funny thing about sleeping after you hit the snooze
button on an alarm clock; it seems like that sleep is more
precious. Not only is it more precious, it seems like time
speeds up approximately three fold. Fifteen minutes becomes
five minutes, ten minutes seem like three minutes.

Why do we hit the snooze button?

Because we can.

Imagine if you hit the lotto and you have to be there by 8 A.M.
to pickup your check or it is forfeited; the alarm goes off and
you look at the clock and it is 7 A.M. No matter how sleepy you
are, do you think you would even consider hitting the snooze
button?

Some people are just not good in math in school, but it seems
like those same people become math geniuses when it comes to
calculating the absolute latest time they can get up, get ready
and make it to work or school, even with a foggy waking brain.

In life the snooze button is not usually in minutes.

We may know we need to go back to school and hit snooze for two
years later.

We may know we need to start exercising;
we hit snooze for next year.

We may know we want to travel and see some place in the world;
we hit snooze for five years later.

We may know we have an idea for a business; we hit snooze for
ten years later.

The other thing about the snooze button is that you can hit it
more than once to get a longer delay of getting moving.

Have you ever hit the snooze button while still sleep and didn't
remember hitting it?

Have you ever meant to do something in your life and didn't
realize it had been so long since you were supposed to get
started on it?

The two hardest things about doing something is getting started
and getting finished.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeep.

This is your wakeup call.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Unless You Let It In

All the water in the world
However hard it tried,
Could never, never sink a ship
Unless it got inside.

All the evil in the world,
the wickedness and sin,
can never sink your soul's fair craft
unless you let it in.

All the hardships of this world,
Might wear you pretty thin,
But they won't hurt you, one least bit...
Unless you let them in.

~Barbara Johnson~

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Betcha never heard of Voltaire (hint: not some Japanese Gundam style robot!)

He once boasted, “In twenty years Christianity will be no more. My single hand shall destroy the edifice it took twelve apostles to rear.” Some years later, Voltaire’s house was used by the Geneva Bible Society to print Bibles.

God does have a sense of humour.....

For God's sake, it is just human humour... God's humour only exist in between your two ears :wink:
kids-without-god-campaign.jpg

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Success

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to
success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

~Albert Schweitzer~

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd, and bloody religion that has ever infected the world”

-Voltaire

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd, and bloody religion that has ever infected the world”

-Voltaire

That's the most ridiculous, the most absurd, and bloody false assertion that has ever been sold to the world. And the village atheists are buying it up like crazy.

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the most ridiculous, the most absurd, and bloody false assertion that has ever been sold to the world. And the village atheists are buying it up like crazy.

Are you drunk? My daily verses can easily fall under any of the three classes. Bloody, no need to say more. Not absurd? Wow! Man, woman, children and babies are evil folks deserved to be killed (who do the killing?) but 32,000 virgins are not. Not ridiculous? Read the testicles verse:wink:

drunk.jpg

Before you comment, please get your bloody story straight first...
057-Get-your-story-straight.jpg

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you drunk? My daily verses can easily fall under any of the three classes. Bloody, no need to say more. Not absurd? Wow! Man, woman, children and babies are evil folks deserved to be killed (who do the killing?) but 32,000 virgins are not. Not ridiculous? Read the testicles verse:wink:

Before you comment, please get your bloody story straight first...

Begging the question when you think your so-called classification is correct.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Japanese have always loved fresh fish. But the water close to Japan has not held many fish for decades. So to feed the Japanese population, fishing boats got bigger and went farther than ever. The further the fishermen went, the longer it took to bring the fish. If the return trip took more time, the fish were not fresh. To solve this problem, fish companies installed freezers on their boats. They would catch the fish and freeze them at sea. Freezers allowed the boats to go farther and stay longer. However, the Japanese could taste the difference between fresh and frozen fish. And they did not like the taste of frozen fish. The frozen fish brought a lower price. So, fishing companies installed fish tanks. They would catch the fish and stuff them in the tanks, fin to fin. After a little thrashing around, they were tired, dull, and lost their fresh-fish taste. The fishing industry faced an impending crisis!
But today, they get fresh-tasting fish to Japan .

How did they manage? To keep the fish tasting fresh, the Japanese fishing companies still put the fish in the tanks but with a small shark. The fish are challenged and hence are constantly on the move. The challenge they face keeps them alive and fresh!

Have you realized that some of us are also living in a pond but most of the time tired and dull? Basically in our lives, sharks are new challenges to keep us active. If you are steadily conquering challenges, you are happy. Your challenges keep you energized. Don't create success and revel in it in a state of inertia. You have the resources, skills and abilities to make a difference.

Take a Risk, take a chance. Put a shark in your tank and see how far you can really go!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. -Voltaire

Where did you get your power to reason from? How come you can reason? Account for and justify your use and faith in reason.

Last edited:

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ALL

He stood over my desk, a broken man but still holding together.

Mr. Willie Adams is a truck driver for our company.
He has worked for the company for 17 years.
He has been married for 39 years.

Last month, his wife died.

The death of a spouse is psychologically rated as the toughest
thing a person will ever deal with in life.
It was Mr. Adams toughest thing.

There was a statement that he made that really struck me.

"I have no guilt," he said.

"I did all for her that I could do in our 39 years. There was
nothing more that I could have done. If she asked for the moon,
I tried to reach up and grab it for her."

Those were his words. Those were his feelings.

He is not an academically educated man.
He is not rich by the world's standards.
But Mr. Adams had something that few possess,
an undying, unselfish love.

He said, "We married for love and made a vow 'till death do us
part' and we kept it."

It's the toughest thing that psychologists say we will ever
endure. Sooner or later, in all married couples, one must leave
the other behind.

Now is the time to begin travelling the path so that if you are
the one staying on the earth a little longer you can say,

"I did all that I could do, I did my best."