• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein

And how does the village atheist know if this freeing of himself is not also an optical delusion?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Parking Fine

A guy was in court charged with parking his
car in a restricted area. The judge asked him if he had anything
to say in his defense.

"They should not put up such misleading notice," he said

It said, "Fine for Parking Here!"

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever. -- Robert Green Ingersoll

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They Don't Win Unless...

Always remember others may hate you
but those who hate you don't win
unless you hate them.

And then you destroy yourself.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
They knew no better, but I do not propose to follow the example of a barbarian because he was honestly a barbarian.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll,

:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever. -- Robert Green Ingersoll

The question is not whether you dislike hell or eternal punishment, it is whether hell is real and eternal punishment is true.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Learning

Banta and his son went fishing one day. Sitting in the boat for
a couple of hours gave them not to do, so the son started
thinking about the world around him.

He began to get curious so he asked his father some questions.
"How does this boat float?" Banta thought for a moment, then
replied, "Don't rightly know, son."

The boy returned to his contemplation, but soon came up with
another one, "How do fish breath underwater?" Once again Banta
replied, "Don't rightly know, son."

A little later the boy asked Banta, "Why is the sky blue?"
Again, Banta replied, "Don't rightly know son." Worried he was
going to annoy his father, he said, "Dad, do you mind my asking
you all of these questions?"

Banta immediately assured him, "Of course not, son.
If you don't ask questions, you'll never learn anything!"

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the New, he would be insane.
-Robert Green Ingersoll

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the New, he would be insane.
-Robert Green Ingersoll

If a man would to live out atheism consistently and logically, he would be insane.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Atheists Are In Denial

i did asked around trying to get some debate on religions and all can't get over the 1st hurdle;

CAN YOU PROOF THAT GOD EXIST?

99% of them are stumped and start to pull magic stories from their asses.

Abrahamic God is created by a bunch of ancient savage palestanians:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a man would to live out atheism consistently and logically, he would be insane.

wahahaha...you need medication...Eating too much ang moh shit and drinking too much jewcy urine will make you insane and your brain intoxicated with craps created by ancient the savage tribe :wink:

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Charity

A bone to the dog is not charity.
Charity is the bone shared with the dog,
when you are just as hungry as the dog.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing is greater than to break the chains from the bodies of men -- nothing nobler than to destroy the phantom of the soul. -- Robert Green Ingersoll

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good one, are you saying your forefathers were insane? :wink: Then stone age men were insane. How about you? You were born atheist :wink:

No one is born an atheist. And because the Bible is infallible and true, every person is a theist as Paul said in Romans 1. Atheists are just suppressing the truth. Sorry, I don't buy the evolution hoax. There is no ape in my ancestry. Adam was a theist, highly intelligent as well. He was not insane, but he was in sin when he disobeyed God.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one is born an atheist. And because the Bible is infallible and true, every person is a theist as Paul said in Romans 1. Atheists are just suppressing the truth. Sorry, I don't buy the evolution hoax. There is no ape in my ancestry. Adam was a theist, highly intelligent as well. He was not insane, but he was in sin when he disobeyed God.

Amalak gong jiao way as usual, forget you forefathers from china or india or elsewhere, where they christian? LOL at you stupidity. Sorry, I don't buy the plagarised jesus hoax. You were borned a christard?

Why you cherry pick what paul's said to believe and to ignore? :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amalak gong jiao way as usual, forget you forefathers from china or india or elsewhere, where they christian? LOL at you stupidity. Sorry, I don't buy the plagarised jesus hoax. You were borned a christard?

Why you cherry pick what paul's said to believe and to ignore? :wink:

Shortsighted village atheist only think forefathers come from China. Try going back further in human ancestry. If you believe there's an ape somewhere you have gone bananas. Sorry but I don't cherry pick what Paul said to believe or ignore. But a village atheist like you simply do not know how to do exegesis. So say much you also won't understand.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shortsighted village atheist only think forefathers come from China. Try going back further in human ancestry. If you believe there's an ape somewhere you have gone bananas. Sorry but I don't cherry pick what Paul said to believe or ignore. But a village atheist like you simply do not know how to do exegesis. So say much you also won't understand.

Your forefathers from China converted by a evangelist sent by your ang moh deity iszt? Aha you cherry pick and still want to deny. Schizo ang moh cult worshipper gong lanjiao way again :wink:

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Theater

A villager came to the big city for the first time in his life.

He was amazed at the many wonders in the big city. He wanted to
buy something to bring back to his village. Most of the items
needed electrical connection and his village didn't even have
any electricity. He was delighted when he found a flashlight.

He bought the flashlight, which fascinated him every time he
pushed the switch and a bright light came on.

As he continued on his way, he noticed people waiting in line.
He inquired what this line was for and was told that they were
waiting to enter a theater where there was a movie playing.

He had no idea what a movie was, but decided to wait in line
too. He paid for a ticket and was ushered into a dark room.
After a little while, a picture started playing. He was
fascinated to see the beautiful scenery and all the action on
the screen.

Then he remembered the flashlight in his pocket.

"I will shine the flashlight on the picture, so I will see it
even better." He took out the flashlight and shone it straight
at the screen, but to his amazement the picture became faded.

From all sides people started shouting that he should turn off
the light!

"But I only wanted to get a better view of the picture," he said
to the one sitting next to him.

"Don't you know? Here, we see only in the dark!"
replied his neighbor.

The moral of the parable:
The same is in the theater of this world. Many of the pleasures
and values which people pursue have value only because we find
ourselves in spiritual darkness. When we bring spiritual light
into our lives, these values and pleasures fade, for they are
only imaginary and temporary.