• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is It Worth To Spend 1500 dollars to buy a coffee machine ?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
have. with french press, can have foam on top after stirring. foam is from air mixing with the coffee in rapid whipping action. can also have foam with turkish drip.
This one bestest n cheap too .
1653368652225.png

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone thinking of spending that kind of silly money is just finding excuse to spend money. It's like those dumbfucks who spend money on gym membership. Both trying to act atas and high class.
In such uncertain times, that $1500 should be set aside for necessities like groceries instead. We are heading for food shortages and people are still thinking of drinking high class kopi....

Norty

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm currently using a much cheaper coffee maker and I like it. I love coffee, and when I needed to buy a coffee machine, I addressed keurig customer service to make the choice. However, if I had more money, I think I could spend this sum on such a purchase.

Last edited:

Norty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All

My brother-in-law has just taken on the tenancy of a pub/restaurant doing about 80 covers a day, on a good day, and they need an efficient coffee machine that is ideally bean to cup with the press of a button but not super expensive. We estimate 40 to 60 cups a day.

Any one out there with experience of commercial coffee machines willing to make a few recommendations or point me to an industry specific forum that might help as I am yet to find a pub landlord forum that is active.

We spoke to Rijo and they quoted a hefty purchase price of £5400 + vat to buy with a 3 year service and full warranty and 1000 cups of ingredients included. They would not offer a lease as he is a new sole trader. It is a low maintenance machine and very easy to use but it's a lot of money for a new business to find.

Also considering buying a cheaper £1500 + vat more basic machine which requires more cleaning and maintenance and more filling etc. and only has a one year warranty but obviously could last way beyond that.

Any help/advice gratefully received. Thanks