• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

INDIAN FTRASH VP @ DEUTSCHE BANK CRITICISES SGs FOR HAVING SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreign indian vp at deutsche bank criticise singaporeans for being entitled

whats the point of being on the world map when ur own country doesnt even belong to you.im pretty sure the percentage of foreigners in singapore has crossed the 45 percent mark already.not uncommon now to go out and run into 13 fts on the bus ang mohs indian nations and pinoys and u the only singaporean.

also PAP just initiate the singaporean first policy on august 2014?i thought all along they say they place singaporean first?so u mean before august 2014 singaporeans were basically cheated by PAP lah?not that their policy matters one shit.
Make a trip to Hongkong and you'll see there are also plenty of foreigners. On a weekend outside the Admiralty MTR station, you'll think that you are in the Philippines. And on the roads along Kowloon, you are sure to come across an Ah Tiong easily.

Make a trip to Chungli Taiwan, the industrial town. On a weekend, you'll imagine that you are in Thailand. There are so many Thai foreign workers there, both industrial and domestic.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Foreign indian vp at deutsche bank criticise singaporeans for being entitled

Make a trip to Hongkong and you'll see there are also plenty of foreigners. On a weekend outside the Admiralty MTR station, you'll think that you are in the Philippines. And on the roads along Kowloon, you are sure to come across an Ah Tiong easily.

Make a trip to Chungli Taiwan, the industrial town. On a weekend, you'll imagine that you are in Thailand. There are so many Thai foreign workers there, both industrial and domestic.

Hong Kong do protest leh.. sinkie leh??

You like to compare things with other countries which is similar to effect of your PAP master policy..

Then follow HONG KONG for protest and throw out your PAP master lah...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hong Kong do protest leh.. sinkie leh??

You like to compare things with other countries which is similar to effect of your PAP master policy..

Then follow HONG KONG for protest and throw out your PAP master lah...
Why you always like to instigate chaos? You are a bad citizen, regardless from which country. Did the Hongkong protests eventually lead to any leeway from China? Use your brain lah.

I compare with other countries because I've personally been there and I don't give false impressions and pretense.

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do Hongkong have conscription? And Taiwan is going to abolish National Service. Is Singapore doing likewise?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do Hongkong have conscription? And Taiwan is going to abolish National Service. Is Singapore doing likewise?
Hongkong is just a puppet of China now. The PLA can and is ever willing to take care of that in the not too distant foreseeable future. Even during their recent protests, the British and its ex-governor also kpkb, but is there any useful result eventually? No.

In my opinion, it would be a grave mistake to abolish Military Service in Taiwan. If the DPP should get into power again, I doubt there will be this change.

Military Service for a country's able bodied men is mandatory, especially in our region. The argument is the duration, which is always subjective. Anyway, MINDEF had already reduced the NS duration. Some may think it's sufficient whilst others may think it's still too long. What do you want me to say?

Last edited:

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal

halo den wee tag team with hong kong together hong gan leow

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The Indian VP is not lying. He's probably been working at Deutsche Bank long enough. If he was a dud drawing high pay, he would long ago been booted out. A VP is not at a godlike level where nearly impossible to fire for incompetence.

This sense of entitlement amongst sinkies is also very prevalent at the schooling age, where people mistake it as 'meritocracy'. I have nieces and nephews who think they are entitled to a lifetime of high pay simply because they managed to enroll in schools like Tao Nan Primary School, Raffles Institution or Raffles Junior College. You have never seen some of my relatives so devastated when their kids fail to enroll into Nanyang Primary School and they have to send their kids to some less well-known primary school instead. It's all based on that entitlement sentiments, where your life is gonna be smooth sailing as long as you are in the elite school.

Such attitude is carried over into the working world, where sinkies are reluctant to venture out, and are as a people, more fixated with getting a good job than creating the good jobs.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

As of now, only Singapore enforces conscription and that is only for Singaporeans. Forget about the farking 2gen PRs that need to serve. There are plenty of 2Gen PRs that siam NS without any penalty and are still rotting in Singapore.

As an employer, other things being equal, would you employ a Singaporeans with NS and reservists liability or you choose a FT? The choice is obvious unless your company is in a defence industry.

Hongkong is just a puppet of China now. The PLA can and is ever willing to take care of that in the not too distant foreseeable future. Even during their recent protests, the British and its ex-governor also kpkb, but is there any useful result eventually? No.

In my opinion, it would be a grave mistake to abolish Military Service in Taiwan. If the DPP should get into power again, I doubt there will be this change.

Military Service for a country's able bodied men is mandatory, especially in our region. The argument is the duration, which is always subjective. Anyway, MINDEF had already reduced the NS duration. Some may think it's sufficient whilst others may think it's still too long. What do you want me to say?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

As of now, only Singapore enforces conscription and that is only for Singaporeans. Forget about the farking 2gen PRs that need to serve. There are plenty of 2Gen PRs that siam NS without any penalty and are still rotting in Singapore.

As an employer, other things being equal, would you employ a Singaporeans with NS and reservists liability or you choose a FT? The choice is obvious unless your company is in a defence industry.

As an employer, which I also am, I would employ someone who has good work attitude, already possess good technical skills[not always a must, but a bonus], willing to learn, willing to travel abroad for work if required.

Women don't have NS liability. Yet, it does not mean that women by default, would do better than men of the same age despite having a two year head start.

It is the same with foreigners. NS is a liability, Mindef and the government is upfront about it and recognizes it. But it is a necessary liability. If citizens are so reluctant to defend their own country, then who will?

As a man who has served NS and have done reservist, I don't really trust the 2nd generation PRs, even if they have served NS. Many of them have no loyalty to singapore, and they would most likely flee when asked to really bear arms (not wayang NS). You really want them in the trenches with you?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like this part, If citizens are so reluctant to defend their own country, then who will?

I do not have the answer, can any true blue Sinkie pls enlighten me.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

If by virtue of doing NS with its accompanied reservist obligation, a Singaporean male is going to compete unfavourably with a FT and losing out, what is the point of defending the country which does not care for you?

As for getting the PR (males) to do NS, the intention is that they also suffer the same encumberances as the Singaporeans. Ways can be found for them to do NS without cultivating a fifth column.

It is the same with foreigners. NS is a liability, Mindef and the government is upfront about it and recognizes it. But it is a necessary liability. If citizens are so reluctant to defend their own country, then who will?

As a man who has served NS and have done reservist, I don't really trust the 2nd generation PRs, even if they have served NS. Many of them have no loyalty to singapore, and they would most likely flee when asked to really bear arms (not wayang NS). You really want them in the trenches with you?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I like this part, If citizens are so reluctant to defend their own country, then who will?

I do not have the answer, can any true blue Sinkie pls enlighten me.

Is the country really yours to begin with? Are you really prepared to lay down your life for the sovereignty of a snot-sized city state, birthed under highly dubious political circumstances? Is it really worth it?

Sometimes it is better to just let go, than to further burden yourself by desperately clinging on. That includes a country's sovereignty.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Indian VP is not lying. He's probably been working at Deutsche Bank long enough. If he was a dud drawing high pay, he would long ago been booted out. A VP is not at a godlike level where nearly impossible to fire for incompetence.

This sense of entitlement amongst sinkies is also very prevalent at the schooling age, where people mistake it as 'meritocracy'. I have nieces and nephews who think they are entitled to a lifetime of high pay simply because they managed to enroll in schools like Tao Nan Primary School, Raffles Institution or Raffles Junior College. You have never seen some of my relatives so devastated when their kids fail to enroll into Nanyang Primary School and they have to send their kids to some less well-known primary school instead. It's all based on that entitlement sentiments, where your life is gonna be smooth sailing as long as you are in the elite school.

Such attitude is carried over into the working world, where sinkies are reluctant to venture out, and are as a people, more fixated with getting a good job than creating the good jobs.
Very true, very true. I also have nephews and nieces who just want to go for easy money where possible. They no longer have the drive to work hard and be diligent. An example is my nephew. Instead of promptly giving tuition to earn his keep, he wanted to be the "middle man" and set up a portal to engage tutors and students so that he could earn from the commissions. Eventually, he failed. And when he was a teacher, he would always complain of having to spend excessive (of his own private) times marking papers. I was wondering: WTF? This is part and parcel of your job. Every job will have its difficulties. In my opinion, the current young Sinkie workforce is spoiled for choice and getting complacent, not wanting to work hard for their keep.

When I was in the workforce, I'd even had to work non-stop for 48 hours continuously at times, especially to attend to those Japanese customers. And those of you who have worked for Japanese customers before will know how time conscious these people are, especially when their production is based on JIT (Just-In-Time). So they effectively cannot afford machine downtime.

I was even out of the country for more than half of the year during those years of work. I was taking planes more than taking buses. Even my wife complained that I'm treating the home more like a hotel. What would you say if I have to return from Taipei at 3pm and leave again for Europe at 11pm on the same day and this is not just a once in a while event hor.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is the country really yours to begin with? Are you really prepared to lay down your life for the sovereignty of a snot-sized city state, birthed under highly dubious political circumstances? Is it really worth it?

Sometimes it is better to just let go, than to further burden yourself by desperately clinging on. That includes a country's sovereignty.
Laksa, unless you are able to obtain another citizenship, otherwise, you'll still be a Sinkie citizen, ditto for myself I must admit. And nowadays, it's not as easy as it used to be anymore, unless you have the required skills (if you are still young) or financial capability (if otherwise). I know this myself too well already.

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah neh easy to control if you are angmo. That's why angmo like ah neh. Both never bath so smell the same. 臭味相同。

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah neh easy to control if you are angmo. That's why angmo like ah neh. Both never bath so smell the same. 臭味相同。

That explains why there are so many ang moh shoppers at Mustafa Centre. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Laksa, unless you are able to obtain another citizenship, otherwise, you'll still be a Sinkie citizen, ditto for myself I must admit. And nowadays, it's not as easy as it used to be anymore, unless you have the required skills (if you are still young) or financial capability (if otherwise). I know this myself too well already.

I can be a Sinkie citizen. But that doesn't mean I'll need to report for war duty, or shed a tear when Singapore no longer exists as a sovereign nation (e.g. merge with Malaysia).

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can be a Sinkie citizen. But that doesn't mean I'll need to report for war duty, or shed a tear when Singapore no longer exists as a sovereign nation (e.g. merge with Malaysia).
Right, if you are already past your reservist years, there's no such commitment anymore. By the way, with regards to merging with Malaysia is a very unlikely issue. Their UMNO will never allow it to happen, not to even say about Anwar's party, when he can't even secure himself nowadays with his coalition infighting.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can equally say the rats at Bukit Batok should serve as an example to Singaporeans as to how to be opportunistic and thrive under adverse circumstances. This guy is a pestilence. We should welcome his public disdain for Singaporeans. It reminds us how we should vote if given the chance.
His English sucks. We are taking crap from someone from Pondicherry.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

VPs in banks are a dime a dozen. Indian IT personnel in banks similarly so.