• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you strike $10 mil toto this friday..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
$10 million isn't much money in today's world. My advice to all would be to not touch the principal and plan any lifestyle changes only on the yield it generates whatever that may be.

However, for those with a yearning to get out of the country, this sum would be a godsend. It can buy PR almost anywhere.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
$10 million isn't much money in today's world. My advice to all would be to not touch the principal and plan any lifestyle changes only on the yield it generates whatever that may be.

However, for those with a yearning to get out of the country, this sum would be a godsend. It can buy PR almost anywhere.

Im curious, how is $10 million not much?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Im curious, how is $10 million not much?

Work it out for yourself. In the Singapore context, it is nothing. You'll need to spend 30% to 50% of it just to buy a reasonably sized home.

That leaves you with $5 million at 3% after tax is $150,000 per annum of income... hardly a game changer. You're not going to be able to afford the lifestyle of the rich and famous. You'll be comfortable but that's about it.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work it out for yourself. In the Singapore context, it is nothing. You'll need to spend 30% to 50% of it just to buy a reasonably sized home.

That leaves you with $5 million at 3% after tax is $150,000 per annum of income... hardly a game changer. You're not going to be able to afford the lifestyle of the rich and famous. You'll be comfortable but that's about it.

Don't set the bar so high. If you think you need to be rich and famous even $10 billion wont be enough.

I would be very happy to be comfortable for life.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then sway sway within this time found out got cancer with 6 months left to live.
Or the day you go to the bank after few months decide to withdraw the money kena knocked down by car....
Life is so uncertain got windfall 10 million still dun want to spend then wait for what?

yah, spend liao, kosong liao then few yrs down the rd then regret? seen too many people making big bucks dunno how to plan but spend thought everyday is sunday. when the trend gone cannot make money liao, gotta go back to work and sell everything.
what u said about all those mishaps not to said wont happened. think of it to prevent it than to keep thinking it will happen.
wait for a while to cool down is nothing wrong. make some planning. keep from others to prevent trouble. if u kena 10k or 100k still ok. 10mil may make u a fat target.

Last edited:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah, spend liao, kosong liao then few yrs down the rd then regret? seen too many people making big bucks dunno how to plan but spend thought everyday is sunday. when the trend gone cannot make money liao, gotta go back to work and sell everything.
what u said about all those mishaps not to said wont happened. think of it to prevent it than to keep thinking it will happen.
wait for a while to cool down is nothing wrong. make some planning. keep from others to prevent trouble. if u kena 10k or 100k still ok. 10mil may make u a fat target.

If you don't fall into their trap then you won't be a fat target Liao right ? if like that alot of rich people also tio targeted Liao and all of them very stupid to invest their money to any tom dick or harry biz meh ? To me , I think it will sometimes bring in new biz idea when people come to you . Of course it's up to you if you want to give your money to them .

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you don't fall into their trap then you won't be a fat target Liao right ? if like that alot of rich people also tio targeted Liao and all of them very stupid to invest their money to any tom dick or harry biz meh ? To me , I think it will sometimes bring in new biz idea when people come to you . Of course it's up to you if you want to give your money to them .

how many people make money and can sustain wealth to become the rich?
we are not talking about business man who start from scratch who can amass 10mil wealth. that one u dun kena con tao chio liao.
we are talking any tom, dick and harry who average sgporean with 2k mthly income and gotta work ot some more.
its best to cool down and plan. don't let others know u kena is the best, fat target for distractions.
even just keep in ordinary saving ac and continue daily life as per normal is good. at least the money is there and he can access to it whenever he need it.
pay off debts, loans and holidays still can save.
not everyone can manage wealth and got in depth knowledge for financial products like yours sincerely here.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
how many people make money and can sustain wealth to become the rich?
we are not talking about business man who start from scratch who can amass 10mil wealth. that one u dun kena con tao chio liao.
we are talking any tom, dick and harry who average sgporean with 2k mthly income and gotta work ot some more.
its best to cool down and plan. don't let others know u kena is the best, fat target for distractions.
even just keep in ordinary saving ac and continue daily life as per normal is good. at least the money is there and he can access to it whenever he need it.
pay off debts, loans and holidays still can save.
not everyone can manage wealth and got in depth knowledge for financial products like yours sincerely here.

Can tell you are very conservative in making money . Got good and bad too . :smile: there's no right or wrong , it's just that we have different perspective when come to money .

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can tell you are very conservative in making money . Got good and bad too . :smile: there's no right or wrong , it's just that we have different perspective when come to money .

i am conservative if others ask me for opinion, planning for others or managing others money.
i am a risk taker if it comes to my own.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Don't set the bar so high. If you think you need to be rich and famous even $10 billion wont be enough.

I would be very happy to be comfortable for life.

$100 million is all you need to lead a jet set lifestyle.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wont knowmwhat to do, but will surely quit my job first

You seem to be very unhappy with your job. You should treat the windfall as a windfall and not to use it to substitute whatever you have.

I came across a statistics once that within 10 years after winning, almost all million dollars windfall winners have squandered their winnings and they were back to square one from where they had started. I hope you will not be in this group.

A million can disappear quite fast. For someone with a $100k annual income, that is 10 years. If you rest for that 10 years, your million is gone.Or if you spend $100k a year more than usual on nonsensical things, like doing home renovation after renovation or changing car after car, worse still if these are sports cars, that can also go very fast.

Last edited: