• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you strike $10 mil toto this friday..

jw5

Loyal
I think WanBao made a mistake once, if Im not wrong...

If Wan Bao made the mistake, then Wan Bao is liable for damages if any. But did anyone claimed for damages? But Singapore Pool or Wan Bao can claim that the results are also released on the Singapore Pool website and at all their outlets and can be checked to compare against, so as to get out of liability.

If that happened, anyone knows what happened after that?

I believe SG Pools does disclaim liability for results released by the media. They certainly do it for teletext and probably for others like newspapers and radio too. So in these cases, they certainly won't have to pay out for results released wrongly by media.
My questions were more relating to the hypothetical situation if the operator themselves released results wrongly.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Btw, you should know why the winning numbers usually don't match those we buy...

bro,
that scientist? wait until um khoon terng terng the result also not out yet loh...
as of the lottery, me know it's against the odds, but the feeling of beating it is sibei song :p:p:p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
My questions were more relating to the hypothetical situation if the operator themselves released results wrongly.

bro,
your question does generate a couple of more questions. those underground bookies, how much do the bookies earn if SG Pools is raking in so much profit annually? supposing the lottery operator released wrong results and bookies already made the payout, do the bookies run after those money when the correct results are announced?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
that scientist? wait until um khoon terng terng the result also not out yet loh...
as of the lottery, me know it's against the odds, but the feeling of beating it is sibei song :p:p:p

feeling sibeh song but i life not lucky lor.

horse racing no need so much luck, do homework properly can liao.

the feeling sibeh song when i only one shouting for a $200 longshot that beat the $7 fav by a nose.:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
your question does generate a couple of more questions. those underground bookies, how much do the bookies earn if SG Pools is raking in so much profit annually? supposing the lottery operator released wrong results and bookies already made the payout, do the bookies run after those money when the correct results are announced?

it was estimated that underground bookies rake in more $$ than the legal govt approved bookmakers. normally bookie dont pay out immediately, take at least one to two days before the prize money filter down to the bookie runners.

jw5

Loyal
bro,

they will do a quick cost-benefit analysis before they decide to run. will they make more from the wrong results or the correct results?
I actually believe there are many bookies who don't run and pay out faithfully, but still make tons.......................

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this talk of TOTO has me wondering if nowadays people are still buy winning tickets in order to launder money:confused:
These people can therefore claim they have legally won the money when in fact the money is from dubious sources.

How much "extra" do thes people pay for the winning tickets:confused:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this talk of TOTO has me wondering if nowadays people are still buy winning tickets in order to launder money:confused:
These people can therefore claim they have legally won the money when in fact the money is from dubious sources.

How much "extra" do thes people pay for the winning tickets:confused:

Nowadays don't know. Many years back, it was 25% premium, opposite bangcock bank !!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it was estimated that underground bookies rake in more $$ than the legal govt approved bookmakers. normally bookie dont pay out immediately, take at least one to two days before the prize money filter down to the bookie runners.

This one I dun agree. Illegal bookies payout faster than singapore pools when is big amount.
I have seen high hundreds of thousands delivered on Saturday night before 9pm after draw results announced.
If you strike govt more than 5k then got to wait until Monday morning collect cheque

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one I dun agree. Illegal bookies payout faster than singapore pools when is big amount.
I have seen high hundreds of thousands delivered on Saturday night before 9pm after draw results announced.
If you strike govt more than 5k then got to wait until Monday morning collect cheque

your bookie sibeh on lor. my relative ex runner. his bookie head take one to two days. but that when i still schooling. now i dunno.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays don't know. Many years back, it was 25% premium, opposite bangcock bank !!

dun u think turf club winning tickets better? i know amount smaller but most if not all dump the winning tickets onto the floor upon collecting the cash from the betting counter. free one, no need to pay for them.