• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I cried - The Koh Poh Koon Story

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAPzis needed to hire someone who joined their party some three weeks ago. This is a pathetic showcase that even after almost 50 years of ruling Singapore, the PAPzis now have an even harder time finding MP candidates to join their party. This is exceptionally a case of incompetence and utmost dislike against the PAPzis.

The PAPzis have now found a new Y-ASS man. :biggrin:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
He now lives in a 5-room HDB flat in Telok Blangah.

His current positions:

• Acting Director of the Colorectal Cancer Molecular Genetics Research Laboratory in SGH
  • Founding Director of the Colorectal Cancer Genomic Health Service in SGH
  • Clinical Lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
  • Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School

A successful doctor is still staying in a HDB flat? and far away from Punggol?

Either he is still poor or an extreme believer of cash is king.

Many people will cry after knowing this... a lot more will cry if he is their MP.

Interesting to hear that Kenneth plans to move to Punggol if he gets to be their MP, wonder will this good doctor move to a condo in Punggol or another HDB flat?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its tells you how public housing is managed in this country. Young couple have to cough a small fortune to buy a flat while a man of his calibre and means is staying in a HDB flat. He should declare his assets.

His current positions:

• Acting Director of the Colorectal Cancer Molecular Genetics Research Laboratory in SGH

Many people will cry after knowing this... a lot more will cry if he is their MP.

Interesting to hear that Kenneth plans to move to Punggol if he gets to be their MP, wonder will this good doctor move to a condo in Punggol or another HDB flat?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was another time I cried when Lim Boon Heng told in a press interview that as young man and recently married found out to their shock that that they were ineligible for HDB flats as both their incomes had exceed the eligibility ceiling. Followed on how he struggled to find a home.

I cried again when Grace Fu shortly after her marriage found herself short of funds and had to stay with her parents in their palatial Bukit Timah Bungalow until she could secure a flat in Bukit Batok.

I cried when a PAP MP and lawyer, forget his name, an Indian chap who told how he grew up in a humble 3 room flat in Queenstown in the 60s and 70s. ( not realising that middle class could afford 3 room HDB flats at that time )

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its tells you how public housing is managed in this country. Young couple have to cough a small fortune to buy a flat while a man of his calibre and means is staying in a HDB flat. He should declare his assets.

Nah... the recent case of young couples (26 yrs old to be specific) owning the $2.05m EC shows that Singapore is in a very interesting time.

Yes, after that sob story... one can't help but wonder if he will be telling us the other half of the story, ie. his assets.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever it is, those times in the 80's and 90's are nothing compared with the situation today. A graduate with a graduate or diploma holder spouse could easily afford a condo in those days and drive a reasonable car. Not so nowadays. It is a dangerous thing if a candidate uses the rosy benchmark of his childhood to base his experience on. He just has not experienced it.

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was another time I cried when Lim Boon Heng told in a press interview that as young man and recently married found out to their shock that that they were ineligible for HDB flats as both their incomes had exceed the eligibility ceiling. Followed on how he struggled to find a home.

I cried again when Grace Fu shortly after her marriage found herself short of funds and had to stay with her parents in their palatial Bukit Timah Bungalow until she could secure a flat in Bukit Batok.

I cried when a PAP MP and lawyer, forget his name, an Indian chap who told how he grew up in a humble 3 room flat in Queenstown in the 60s and 70s. ( not realising that middle class could afford 3 room HDB flats at that time )

They share your pain:

SG-govt_tears.jpg

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....never say something can die like that!!!!
stay in bungalow also whack...
stay in HDB also whack.....
take bus/mrt also whack.....
really fucktard....making use of all these senseless whacking to fool all the kuku pple from the BS spouted regularly.....phui.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
His current positions:

Guys, I'm going to be honest with you. I saw his introduction video. He looks like a decent chap. Not the smooth auntie killer like Desmond Choo where everybody can see that he's an actor. He's not a dumb bitch like Tin Pei Ling or Foo Mee Har.

I don't know how much a colorectal surgical practice can pull in these days. OK, it's Mount E so he's not living hand to mouth. But he's not a cosmetic surgeon either.

This is a guy who comes across as a humble respectable person, pretty likeable considering he's from the PAP. Then again he hasn't been with the PAP for long. This is a guy who could easily have been from the SDP instead and I mean that in a nice way. With all due respect to Lee Li Lian, I think the opposition opponents of this guy aren't going to have an easy time.

jw5

Loyal
Guys, I'm going to be honest with you. I saw his introduction video. He looks like a decent chap. Not the smooth auntie killer like Desmond Choo where everybody can see that he's an actor. He's not a dumb bitch like Tin Pei Ling or Foo Mee Har.

I don't know how much a colorectal surgical practice can pull in these days. OK, it's Mount E so he's not living hand to mouth. But he's not a cosmetic surgeon either.

This is a guy who comes across as a humble respectable person, pretty likeable considering he's from the PAP. Then again he hasn't been with the PAP for long. This is a guy who could easily have been from the SDP instead and I mean that in a nice way. With all due respect to Lee Li Lian, I think the opposition opponents of this guy aren't going to have an easy time.

That's well and good, but as a man who comes from a humble background, he should answer this question.

What does he see in modern day SG society that makes him think he can contribute more by joining the pap?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the best crocodile tears maker is none other than LKY TV scam on split with Malaysia.

since then one one can beat him, the champ.

Today all Singaporeans kpkb and cried too all because the 60.1% still stuck to PAPigs.

*LOL* A good one!

I also got a great story to justify me as a potential candidate.

At the time of my birth, my father suffered multiple business failure and my mother was pregnant with my brother shortly after she started her hair saloon business, threatening our livelihood. My parents were despised by their family and were not getting any support.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day I was at a clinic when I noticed a chap who owns a hotel coming out of the doctor's room. He was casually dressed. As he was speaking to the receptionist and to get his medicine, I realised that he was staying in a HDB flat. Over time, i found many people owning properties all over the world and who reside in HDB flats.

To be honest, I wonder how many overseas properties he has in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Australia, etc.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does he see in modern day SG society that makes him think he can contribute more by joining the pap?

To tell you the truth, I don't really know. Perhaps it has to do with how PAP has power and the opposition doesn't?

Last election cycle it was hard to find a PAP candidate that didn't make you want to throw up. Suddenly in 2013 all they had to do was just stretch out and pull one out of their asses (pun intended) just like that. Maybe the first impression is misleading. Maybe he'll be a decent guy, get elected, and find that decent guys don't thrive in PAP, and then leave. Maybe he's just a younger version of Tan Cheng Bok. Maybe he's stupid (or brave) enough to think he can change the PAP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Mick for letting us know. Red flags tend to come up when you see a Cv like this and he does know or has the ability to control what is released to the press. I also find it freakish that a man of his position is occupying a 5 room HDB flat. I would like to confirm that he has no other properties or assets.

Many years ago, a couple created a company and purchased 5 bungalows and rented it out. The couple primary residence was the HDB flat.

The biggest issue is his duty to his patients. How does he do it with so many appointments and got time to even RC work. There are 24 hrs in a day and he has 2 kids of tender age.

It will be good if he can tell us what his wife does.

We might have an issue similar to Ong Ke Yung, born in a zince roofed hut but his wife is a major property developer and plays in the HDB space.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...talking through the arse again..
staying in HDB cannot own private properties meh....
bloody ignorant idiot!!!!!

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Mick for letting us know. Red flags tend to come up when you see a Cv like this and he does know or has the ability to control what is released to the press. I also find it freakish that a man of his position is occupying a 5 room HDB flat. I would like to confirm that he has no other properties or assets.

Many years ago, a couple created a company and purchased 5 bungalows and rented it out. The couple primary residence was the HDB flat.

The biggest issue is his duty to his patients. How does he do it with so many appointments and got time to even RC work. There are 24 hrs in a day and he has 2 kids of tender age.

I have stated my personal opinion and ask that other people form theirs by watching this themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXG1s5Al4hU

Warren Buffett is a billionaire who lives like a millionaire or maybe less. He lives to make money, not spend it.

A lot of his clinical activities are related to each other. Doctors often have to lecture and do research. But a person in his position may not have to go through the shit life that junior surgeons go through. He may not even have to perform any operations himself, since he's his own boss. Just use the mouth to do the talking. Just give people advise on how to do this or that procedure. Nothing fishy with his medical activities. All the other stuff would make him pretty busy.

Landed property? why would a busy guy like him have time to upkeep landed property? Doctors these days work like shit. There was a comment that it would have been nicer if he did charity. In a way being a doctor is 24/7 charity work.

But you have a point: more disclosure is nice. A 20 day old member of the PAP contesting one of the most watched elections is fishy.

From what I gathered, Ong Ye Kung's claims of humble beginnings are suspect, but Chan Chun Sing's are not.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Way back in the mid 1970s people staying in 4-room HDB flats are not poor lah. During those days, poor folks were all cramped in 1/2/3-room HDB flats. So if not exactly poor why then must tell people they are very poor ...

I agree.
I recall that in the early 1970's, a 3 room HDB flat was about $9,500.00.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I watched the video via the internet, and he does appear to be a humble and respectable individual.
Why he joined the PAP is another question.