• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How long can you last if you were to lose your job?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A close shave at work almost led to me losing my job.
After the danger was over, the experience makes me wonder what would have happened if I were to lose my job.
I got a mortgage for the flat, I got monthly expenses to meet, I got some small savings but it would be tough when the next job cannot come by quick enough.
My calculations reveal that I should be able to last 8 months. Is that safe?
What is the average amount of "fat" that we should keep for a rainy day?
Let's hear the views from the forumners.

4 months, stretch it, maybe 6. After that jialat.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if stupid stinkees continue to vote pappies to bring in more foreign trash, blame who? chow kiasee stinkees fault what?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think I am not the sort to be able to pick up new skills. I am in late 30s. Besides i have been with the job for some time and i don't think there is enough time to devote to anything else. I guess I was lucky did not end up buying the car I wanted to have. Strange how things works out, I think I have to start relooking at my expenses.

i also got this experience. "I guess I was lucky did not end up buying the car I wanted to have"..
not car..but some similar event. when i look back..the choice seem to be chosen by god...which is the correct choice

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

jw5

Loyal
well, few things can happens.
he can be doing a business.
he can be begging on the street.
he can be doing mlm (so call self employ )
he can be eating free veterinarian at river valley gu su ling

vegetarian lah, what veterinarian, hehehehehe.............................

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually losing one's job isn't necessary a bad thing. Get to filter out who are your 'real friends and relatives' and the so called 'good friends' but the moment know u are jobless, run far far.

Also good to explore other industries different from your previous jobs. Personally, I feel lack of money or savings not the obstacle. Main obstacle to overcome is the negative thoughts during jobless.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
May be a good way to get lost and find yourself

[video=youtube;Yh-QWKGbm2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-QWKGbm2Q&hl=en-GB&gl=SG[/video]

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many good points have been raised, which i can attest to, example :
1 limit your debt
2 save / invest / develop skills to be financially independent by 40

Just some other points I like to share :
1 don't eat out - it is expensive and restaurant food may not be good for health
2 manage your health - insurance and doctors can be avoided, (except accident)
3 be flexible and alert with the volatile economic situatio - sing $ may be strong now but it is not permanent

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now we know why people says, brain size = intelligence :biggrin:

bjfndj.jpg

that's a nigger's brains, all embedded in their cocks
nothing to do with mr flip as the drawing has 2 balls, moreover his eyes are situated in his arsehole - from where he peeps when he hears his door go... knock, knock! :p.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually losing one's job isn't necessary a bad thing. Get to filter out who are your 'real friends and relatives' and the so called 'good friends' but the moment know u are jobless, run far far.

Also good to explore other industries different from your previous jobs. Personally, I feel lack of money or savings not the obstacle. Main obstacle to overcome is the negative thoughts during jobless.

all your points are agreeable

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
How long can you last if you were to lose your job?

Little chance to get re-employed if you look at huge number of PR and FT being allowed into sinkie land to compete with sinkies for jobs. Sometimes, we wonder whether is country is governed for benefits of locals or for benefits of FT and PR.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
you make a mistake for being an employee. The market is against you for achieving financial well being. Be self-employed or run a business, this is much safer and you will be richer and more secure.

Bankruptcy is your reward for failure and taxation is your reward for success in business. Be an employee but blame the PAP Govt if you cannot get re-employment when they welcome FT and PR to work in sinkie land and let locals beg for jobs.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, my CPF can only cover 6 months of the housing loans and my cash saving can last me 15 months

Life is very tough in SG if you are a working class and retirement will be big challenge if you have a broom (spendthrift) as a wife is a nightmare :eek:

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

well said!!!!

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money management is the most important thing in life.

One man may earn $1700 a month and yet having $20000 cash saving in his bank accounts.

Another man may earn $6000 a month and having less than $5000 cash saving in his bank accounts

Both men are working classes and this is something real that I encountered in life :wink: