• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How long can you last if you were to lose your job?

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
A close shave at work almost led to me losing my job.
After the danger was over, the experience makes me wonder what would have happened if I were to lose my job.
I got a mortgage for the flat, I got monthly expenses to meet, I got some small savings but it would be tough when the next job cannot come by quick enough.
My calculations reveal that I should be able to last 8 months. Is that safe?
What is the average amount of "fat" that we should keep for a rainy day?
Let's hear the views from the forumners.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the danger was over, the experience makes me wonder what would have happened if I were to lose my job.
I got a mortgage for the flat, I got monthly expenses to meet, I got some small savings but it would be tough when the next job cannot come by quick enough.

A lot depends on whether you have dependents (elderly folks or children who are not earning income).

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you make a mistake for being an employee. The market is against you for achieving financial well being. Be self-employed or run a business, this is much safer and you will be richer and more secure.

jw5

Loyal

Other than the elderly folks or children dependents that tanwahp mentioned, the most important factor which you didn't mention is the spoilt-princess-dependent wife.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Other than the elderly folks or children dependents that tanwahp mentioned, the most important factor which you didn't mention is the spoilt-princess-dependent wife.

can you describe what is considered a spoilt-princess-dependent wife?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yeah, that one can be a joy sometimes, albeit a permanent liability - much, much worse if she ever has reason to invoke the women's charter.

ryutanahgou

Alfrescian
Loyal
If single, healthy, no family commitments still can buy time. If got wife, children, parents to support etc you are fucked.

jw5

Loyal
yeah, that one can be a joy sometimes, albeit a permanent liability - much, much worse if she ever has reason to invoke the women's charter.

It's only a joy sometimes if she can provide the occasional soapy massage with her curvy and proportionate body................. :o

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course have to make monthly commitments to old folks and fortunately I have no children.
The spoilt princess dependent wife has matured abit, so.... the sinkieness is less.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Many Sinkies didn't bother to plan for serious rainy days.
They get married, buy house, buy car and want to have kids without thinking deep enough whether can they afford it in long run.

For your case I think you will need to have min at least 3 years of savings to tide over the hardship.
There are many PMETs who still cannot find a job after they got laid off.
Many ended up driving taxis, working as security guards and housing agents.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
technically, you are right, i am jobless.

The strange thing is my income is way higher than those with a job.. how can that be?? Sinkie will never understand.

Sure sure whatever you say.

Attachments

• Internet_dog.jpg
    Internet_dog.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 281

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Budget for 2 year's worth of savings. That was the guideline I used when I was an employee.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you make a mistake for being an employee. The market is against you for achieving financial well being. Be self-employed or run a business, this is much safer and you will be richer and more secure.

You scum, next time copy and paste must also give credit where you copy from. :oIo:

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view is that we should aim to earn as much as we can and while we can. Because once struck by a serious illness savings could be quickly wiped out.