• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Gooroo GMS" Hougang Analysis!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now PM Lee throws his hat into the ring... That's really interesting... seems that there must be enough reasons for him to stake his reputation in Hougang.... The fight will be very very close.

Goh Meng Seng

Your reading is incorrect. It is not about PAP winning, its about losing as less as possible. It look bad on PAP even if they manage to maintain the same margin as 2011, BECAUSE:

(a) it will show Pinky Lee that his attempt reinvent the image of PAP and adapt to the changing times has not worked

(b) that PAP cannot improve on the margin even though WP was hit by a sex scandal in which they were forced to sack a sitting MP

(c) that DC no matter how hard he walk the ground cannot make a difference at all in the swing voters

Pinky Lee has no choice but to up the ante because he want to prove to his cabinet minitoots that his strategy of image change is working and the electorate is buying it.

Mr Goh, so simple.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I tell you what, goto this site and watch how the two answer the simple questions on what they would raise in parliament if they get elected, you do your own comparison and come to your own conclusions.

http://blogs.todayonline.com/todaymultimedia/2012/05/17/question-to-candidates-if-youre-elected-to-parliament-what-national-issues-will-you-champion/

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh,

It was a waste of time. I listen to D. Choo, he sound like secondary school boy campaigning to be choir chairperson.

KNN this is SG politics, other politician around the world hear D. Choo sure laugh until balls go back into pelvic socket.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Goh,

It was a waste of time. I listen to D. Choo, he sound like secondary school boy campaigning to be choir chairperson.

KNN this is SG politics, other politician around the world hear D. Choo sure laugh until balls go back into pelvic socket.

GMS is a weasel. My request to him is simple and reasonable. Since he said Png is a much much weaker candidate than DC, then surely he must have made some comparative study of the two before arriving at that conclusion. Instead of explaining what qualities he had compared the two, he asked you to go watch DC and Png. How convenient?! We could never know what qualities he used to compare the two of them, even if we watch the videos 1,000 times. We could never hold him accountable for his assertions.

Devious.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP has no choice but to put on all force in Hougang... basically because Png is a very very weak candidate relative to Desmond Choo. But that may not add points to their contest.

Goh Meng Seng

If Goh Meng Seng was the chosen one and not Png, would he be considered 'very very weak candidate relative to Desmond Choo" if "WP has no choice but to put on all force in Hougang'. A very simple question for a person with 2nd Upper NUS.

Sometimes, I really wonder where your brain is. Is it located where shit is or has shit travelled to your brain? Whatever your reply, you are a shit analyst.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP has no choice but to put on all force in Hougang... basically because Png is a very very weak candidate relative to Desmond Choo. But that may not add points to their contest.

Goh Meng Seng

Apologies bro. Another question for you. Presently, I am under the influence of alcohol and that's the reason why this was not included in my earlier post.

If the "all force" wasn't present, will you conclude that all is not well in the WP and therefore the lack of full support for Png?

As a seasoned politician, though yet to win anything on the political scene, surely you know the contest is not Png vs Choo. The contest is between the WP and the PAP. Anyone contesting under the WP banner WILL win, even if that person is Goh Meng Seng. Come on bro, you aren't that naive surely.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS is a weasel. My request to him is simple and reasonable. Since he said Png is a much much weaker candidate than DC, then surely he must have made some comparative study of the two before arriving at that conclusion. Instead of explaining what qualities he had compared the two, he asked you to go watch DC and Png. How convenient?! We could never know what qualities he used to compare the two of them, even if we watch the videos 1,000 times. We could never hold him accountable for his assertions.Devious.

First of all i am not sure how one can compare a 2 minutes PAP clip against a 30 seconds WP clip.
Nevertheless Png mentioned his areas of concerned are transport, education and low wage workers.

Desmond Choo portrays himself as a "unionist" who wants to:
1) Champion firstly the interests of security employees and if possible cleaner ah sohs.. the words he use are how to improve their employment terms and "continue" to earn good wages, better prospects, etc...
2) Promote policies which help families cos he is a young person (?!)... help poor kids to get student grants so that they have a good footing to star their life
3) Narrow income gap cos he sits on the NWC (Caveat: to do so in a sustainable way, ie according to how my masters define them)

I have not heard Png speak in a rally or other occasions hence i can't conclude with the 30 seconds clip how driven the man is... articulation does not appear to be his strong point... seriously who cares? Just give PAP a bloody nose. You have lots of articulate lawyers/doctors in the Parliament are they doing what is good for people?

For Desmond Choo he is from a younger generation with stronger English Language skills but he looks more like the boy who sits at the far corner of the classroom... ocasionally raise his hand to say a few points, but extremely nervous with lots of "ahm".. "very central to me"... "i am very central to this"... i assure you one sentence from Shanmugan will shut him up for good. I would say Desmond is about the same calibre as Ting Pei Ling.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Apologies bro. Another question for you. Presently, I am under the influence of alcohol and that's the reason why this was not included in my earlier post.

If the "all force" wasn't present, will you conclude that all is not well in the WP and therefore the lack of full support for Png?

As a seasoned politician, though yet to win anything on the political scene, surely you know the contest is not Png vs Choo. The contest is between the WP and the PAP. Anyone contesting under the WP banner WILL win, even if that person is Goh Meng Seng. Come on bro, you aren't that naive surely.

Pii Manggong you very steady under influence of alcohol knife still so sharp.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all i am not sure how one can compare a 2 minutes PAP clip against a 30 seconds WP clip.

Even if there's enough data for you to draw any meaningful conclusion, GMS can always say, what we see is different from what he sees. In the end, GMS will always have the upper say.

By dodging questions (how familiar) and directing people to go watch a video, he's avoiding accountability and happily making assertions without having to explain or justify how he comes to the conclusion. Hopefully people will forget soon and not challenge him. For me, it clearly shows what can of a dodgy character he is. If I'm stranded on an island with him, I would rather jump over a cliff.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the best word to describe Mr Goh is 'Kuru'. Apologies to anyone who might have spotted this relevance ahead of me. So, let's henceforth call him 'Kuru Goh'.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Pinky Lee has no choice but to up the ante because he want to prove to his cabinet minitoots that his strategy of image change is working and the electorate is buying it.

heheh... next, imagine the margin at Hougang happens to be what we have predicted... would feel like a super tight slap across the PAP's face... *PIIIIARCK*

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Any balanced minded person who watch these two videos will come to the same conclusion, Png has screwed up with this interview. Not only about what he said, but his tone, body language, uneasiness... etc.

Desmond spoke for more than a minute while he only spoke for less than half a minute. It shows how ill prepared Png is to be the MP.

Goh Meng Seng

This is disappointing. I'm not the one who made the assertion, you did. You said Png is much weaker than DC. I'm merely asking you to back up your assertion. Why are you asking me to form my own conclusion? Even if I do, I still don't understand how you arrive at your conclusion, no?

There's a fundamental principle in life. He who alleges must substantiate. In this case, you said that Png is weaker than DC. But unwilling/can't show us how you arrive at this conclusion.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any balanced minded person who watch these two videos will come to the same conclusion, Png has screwed up with this interview. Not only about what he said, but his tone, body language, uneasiness... etc.

Desmond spoke for more than a minute while he only spoke for less than half a minute. It shows how ill prepared Png is to be the MP.

Goh Meng Seng

Please be humble. Before we judge others, we need to review our own presentation skill too.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have always been judged, especially from people in this forum, no sweat. But I am not the one contesting in Hougang, Png is.

If WP really loses Hougang BE, one of the critical mistake they made is their selection of candidate Png. And one would wonder why he was chosen over others. It would mean that something is very wrong with the management and its selection mechanism.

Goh Meng Seng

Please be humble. Before we judge others, we need to review our own presentation skill too.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

@ Goh Meng Seng

I REMEMBER your Speech was also long and well prepare i guess.

BUT......Ultimately the GE 2011 Results, your TEAM Failed. Infact WHOLE NSP Team FAILED to clinch seats in the parliament.

So therefore a good speech doesnt mean good.

Go and rest Goh. Politics is NOT for you,

Failure :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

mr goh... heard of empty vessel? it is not long the message is, it's the substance, you spoke a lot more and perhaps eat a lot more salt than desmond, it does not make you a minister calibre let alone a candidate for this election.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There is nothing to compare, really. I am not candidate. As I have said, those who have taken side (both sides), can just ignore me or don't take me too seriously. I only write as what I have observed.

Goh Meng Seng

mr goh... heard of empty vessel? it is not long the message is, it's the substance, you spoke a lot more and perhaps eat a lot more salt than desmond, it does not make you a minister calibre let alone a candidate for this election.