• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Gooroo GMS" Hougang Analysis!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You just have to see how the media portray about the campaign: Lone ranger Desmond Choo against the army of WP MPs, you will know what I am trying to say....

Goh Meng Seng

4 possible reasons came to mind as to why DC prefer a lone battle.

1) He will lose anyway, thus better save on PAP budget
2) His big shot ministers might screw up for talking more, so less words from them the better.
3) His utterance of being independent, fake alternative voice have caused this situation to himself, no one is to
blame.
4) LHL didn't want this election to look too loud, for fear of it turning into another national emotion campaign.

So don't read too deeply beyond the above 4 reasons as a "political observer".

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: The Workers' Party candidate for Hougang, Png Eng Huat, said he's running a "no-frills and low key, ground" campaign.

Relying less on social media, Mr Png said he prefers to speak to residents personally, going door-to-door.

Mr Png said he has no Twitter account and his Facebook page will remain inactive during the hustings. Only the Workers' Party and Hougang SMC Facebook pages will be used for updates.

Notebook in hand, Mr Png Eng Huat cuts a solitary figure across Hougang in his Workers' Party blue shirt.

He speaks to residents and jots down their concerns, switching between English and Hokkien.

Mr Png said the Hougang by-election is going to be a clean fight and added he spoke to his opponent, the People's Action Party's Desmond Choo, on how campaigning will be approached at the Nomination Centre.

Mr Png was announced as the Workers' Party candidate in May, just three months after former MP Yaw Shin Leong was expelled from the party for failing to account for his alleged personal indiscretions.

His quiet ways are in sharp contrast to party secretary-general Low Thia Khiang, who held Hougang for 20 years and is now MP for Aljunied GRC.

But the 50-year-old businessman said he's had a warm response from residents.

Mr Png said: "They've met me, they have talked to me, they have not given me any indication they want me to be fiery. But the bottom line for me is, things must get done. In the sense, whether I'm fiery or I'm doing is on the quiet, things must get done. Views must be aired."

Mr Png joined the Workers' Party in 2006.

He started with the Hougang Constituency Committee, heading its welfare arm.

In 2011, he was part of the Workers' Party team for East Coast GRC.

He went back to Hougang this February after the Workers' Party expelled Mr Yaw Shin Leong.

Mr Png has said that if elected, he will raise issues concerning education, transport and low-wage workers in parliament.

On the municipal front, he will push for estate upgrading and expand the ward's existing welfare programmes as well as its EduTrust Fund to cover more residents.

"My objective is, I do not want to duplicate services. My belief is that anything that benefits the community, let's do it," Mr Png said.

With nine days of campaigning ahead of him, Mr Png has been busy working on his speeches and logistics with his team.

And he's received some inspiration from his 11-year-old daughter.

"Kids are wonderful. They can support PAP or WP, but then later they'd play together. That should be the way, we should learn more from them," he said.

Win or lose, Mr Png said he would still serve Hougang residents, to the best of his ability.

- CNA/ck/fa

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
we have much to learn from your endorsement of TKL in PE11. really an eye-opener, what were you trying to say again? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Kan ni na! I damn dulan this type (GMS) want to say dun want to say type. Tempted to say sibei guniang but then sibei insult the ladies! 吊胃口,or cock teaser!

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4 possible reasons came to mind as to why DC prefer a lone battle.

1) He will lose anyway, thus better save on PAP budget
2) His big shot ministers might screw up for talking more, so less words from them the better.
3) His utterance of being independent, fake alternative voice have caused this situation to himself, no one is to
blame.
4) LHL didn't want this election to look too loud, for fear of it turning into another national emotion campaign.

So don't read too deeply beyond the above 4 reasons as a "political observer".

I am pretty sure GMS will choose to disagree with you. He is THE expert afterall. He can never be wrong.

wpwhistleblower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Goh Meng Seng Sir, you got knwo got three girls watn to resign WP but very very scare. Low Tia Kiang got say they sabo WP later Singapore poeple no like them they no can find work. They now very very presure. Want to resign humsup party but very very scare.

Last edited:

wpwhistleblower

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue of cadre membership is a sensitive and tricky one. Only cadre members are allowed to vote during the Ordinary Party Congress (OPC) to elect the CEC members every two years. Thus cadres must be trusted and tested members so to ensure that they will not end up with infighting later on. However, most of the time the appointment of cadre membership in most of the parties in Singapore is opaque and the powers lie on the CEC, particularly the SG or Chairman/President only. This will result in the possibility of entrenchment and monopoly of power in the long run.
Goh Meng Seng"

Mr Goh Meng Seng Sir, you read downstair then yuo know why. Low very scare Indain and Malay cadre in WP. He no Malay poeple and Indian poeple no like him and no sapport him. Wait got Chinese poeple liek Dr Poh Sir or Chen Shao Mao Sir fight him, teh Indian and Malay poeple can become kingmaker in WP and PAP will very angry with Low Tia Kiang if he lose WP SG post.

"The Animal Farm That Is WP

Four legs good....that's how WP ran under Low Thia Khiang when he took over WP after being prodded to do so by a PAP emisssary in March 1998.

After 11 years as Secretary-General and 21 years with his snout in the PAP trough and millions of dollars in the bank, Low has now wholeheartedly embraced the PAP's philosophy that whilst standing on four legs is good, standing on two is way better.

It is a party of three, Sylvia and him and his sponsor, the PAP. The rest of the WP members are rubber stampers. Anyone who wants to move up the WP ladder must fulfill three criteria.

One, kowtow to Low.

Two, be Low's personal rubber stamp.

Three, not be a threat, present and future, to Low.

Fulfill these criteria and he will bequeath upon you his blessings. Yaw Shin Leong was one such beneficiary. Even though he denies it, Low was well aware of Yaw's philandering ways but neverthless, chose to reward Yaw over other party members for his loyalty. Loyalty not to the party but to Low. Also, as an incorrigible philanderer himself, Low lacks the moral authority to stop his party members from doing likewise.

To Low, his position as SG is God's gift to him. As such, it cannot be taken away from him. After all, the God that gifted him this seat is a very powerful God, the PAP.

Those Low saw as a threat, present and future, were undermined and sidelined. Dr Poh Lee Guan is one such person.

Those he saw with the potential to eclipse him are quietly undermined, quietly sidelined and forced to adopt a low media profile. Chen Show Mao is one such person.

Low treats people as he would, tissue. To be made used off and discarded when no longer required.

Low's racism and racial chauvinism is well known amongst party members. For reasons best known to himself, he has a particular distaste for Indians and Malays. He takes a neutral view towards Eurasians.

The truth about who Low really is will continue to emerge. It will culminate in a final revelation about Low which will show Singaporeans how they have been taken on a very,very long ride by the PAP and their appointed millionaire stooge, Mr Low Thia Khiang."

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Goh Meng Seng Sir, you read downstair then yuo know why. Low very scare Indain and Malay cadre in WP. He no Malay poeple and Indian poeple no like him and no sapport him. Wait got Chinese poeple liek Dr Poh Sir or Chen Shao Mao Sir fight him, teh Indian and Malay poeple can become kingmaker in WP and PAP will very angry with Low Thia Kaing if he lose WP SG post.

"The Animal Farm That Is WP

Four legs good....that's how WP ran under Low Thia Khiang when he took over WP after being prodded to do so by a PAP emisssary in March 1998.

After 11 years as Secretary-General and 21 years with his snout in the PAP trough and millions of dollars in the bank, Low has now wholeheartedly embraced the PAP's philosophy that whilst standing on four legs is good, standing on two is way better.

It is a party of three, Sylvia and him and his sponsor, the PAP. The rest of the WP members are rubber stampers. Anyone who wants to move up the WP ladder must fulfill three criteria.

One, kowtow to Low.

Two, be Low's personal rubber stamp.

Three, not be a threat, present and future, to Low.

Fulfill these criteria and he will bequeath upon you his blessings. Yaw Shin Leong was one such beneficiary. Even though he denies it, Low was well aware of Yaw's philandering ways but neverthless, chose to reward Yaw over other party members for his loyalty. Loyalty not to the party but to Low. Also, as an incorrigible philanderer himself, Low lacks the moral authority to stop his party members from doing likewise.

To Low, his position as SG is God's gift to him. As such, it cannot be taken away from him. After all, the God that gifted him this seat is a very powerful God, the PAP.

Those Low saw as a threat, present and future, were undermined and sidelined. Dr Poh Lee Guan is one such person.

Those he saw with the potential to eclipse him are quietly undermined, quietly sidelined and forced to adopt a low media profile. Chen Show Mao is one such person.

Low treats people as he would, tissue. To be made used off and discarded when no longer required.

Low's racism and racial chauvinism is well known amongst party members. For reasons best known to himself, he has a particular distaste for Indians and Malays. He takes a neutral view towards Eurasians.

The truth about who Low really is will continue to emerge. It will culminate in a final revelation about Low which will show Singaporeans how they have been taken on a very,very long ride by the PAP and their appointed millionaire stooge, Mr Low Thia Khiang."

Where did you get this from?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple reason as to why demon choo is a lone ranger.

All the pap bigwigs know demon is going to lose and nobody is going get associated to a loser.

i think they know that having the pap bigwigs around will only lower his popularity in hougang and he prefer that they stay away....

View attachment 4870

You just have to see how the media portray about the campaign: Lone ranger Desmond Choo against the army of WP MPs, you will know what I am trying to say....

Goh Meng Seng

what are you trying to say ./.. if they dun appear.... you will say they dun regard hougang as important now that they got aljunied and that there is disunity in the leadership...

please go fuck yourself

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you saying pap bigwigs smell like shit and it best to stay away from Hougang as far as possible?

guess what ll happen if LKY, LTY, vivian, Mah bow Tan, TCH, LHL start walking the ground in hougang... sure lost deposit...

desmond is at least new and there is no hatred against him...

obviously gooroo GMS will not know this but i expect better from the rest of the forumers

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Hougang BE is one that PAP can do without. The PM is still struggling with the fallout of GE2011 and trying hard to rectify the massive problems created over the last decade or so. The fact that people like Tommy Koh, Lim Chong Yah and Ngiam Tong Dow took turns to raise concern on current state of affairs indicates that everything is not well and adds to his problems.

The last thing he wants is to turn this BE into a national referendum on his performance over the past year. Hence, DC & PAP have been trying to play it down as a local election. So the lack of bigwigs in DC’s campaigning is hardly surprising.

I am surprise though that WP is playing along.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Hougang BE is one that PAP can do without. The PM is still struggling with the fallout of GE2011 and trying hard to rectify the massive problems created over the last decade or so. The fact that people like Tommy Koh, Lim Chong Yah and Ngiam Tong Dow took turns to raise concern on current state of affairs indicates that everything is not well and adds to his problems.

The last thing he wants is to turn this BE into a national referendum on his performance over the past year. Hence, DC & PAP have been trying to play it down as a local election. So the lack of bigwigs in DC’s campaigning is hardly surprising.

I am surprise though that WP is playing along.

I agree with you 100%.

At the national front, so many of our state machineries are stuck with "Out of Order" or "Under Repair" labels. The MRT COI is a national embarassment, and not to mention the inconvenience it causes the people, and the drop of productivity as people are getting late for work. Our economic outlook isn't that fantastic either, although this is not entirely our problem given the rather bleak international environment, especially in Europe.

This BE is a distraction to the PAP and the last thing PM wants is having to go and defend the ruling govt's performance. PM has to call the BE reluctantly. But they will keep it low key, make it a local election, harp on WP's YSL, Sajeev, PLG incidents to cast doubt on WP's credibility, and challenge Ah Huat as someone who is relative unknown and new in HG.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Let this BE shine light into the places where the sun don't shine. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
desmond is at least new and there is no hatred against him

slightly skewed judgement, bro
much as DC is "new", he's ultimately guilty by association, even so, it wouldn't cause him to lose his deposit when the bigwigs pay a visit at Hougang. base percentage for PAP is around 30% at Hougang. me only expect them to gain another 3% from the moderates, with no thanks to the numerous MRT breakdown in such a short period of time :p:p:p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Let this light pervades throughout the whole nation.

but me suspect the moderates wouldn't be swayed to take sides too easily, hopefully the high population density can drive them nuts a lil', force them to take a side :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: