• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Gooroo GMS" Hougang Analysis!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
but me suspect the moderates wouldn't be swayed to take sides too easily, hopefully the high population density can drive them nuts a lil', force them to take a side :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You have new ground feedback? These fresh candidates all have a
formulaic way of speaking. Once away from the public eyes, they revert to their true selves. You think the moderates will be swayed by appearance?

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM Lee visits Hougang with PAP's Desmond Choo
By S Ramesh | Posted: 19 May 2012 1610 hrs
display_image.php
Photos 1 of 1<input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18">

<tbody>
</tbody>
dotline_240.gif

PM Lee (left - facing camera) and PAP candidate for Hougang by-election Desmond Choo (right - facing camera) meet Hougang residents. (Photo: Hester Tan, channelnewsasia.com)

<tbody>
</tbody>

inShare​

<tbody> </tbody>

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong joined PAP candidate for the Hougang by-election Desmond Choo as he met residents in different parts of the constituency.

Mr Lee who is also the Party's Secretary-General said the by-election will give Hougang residents the chance to elect a new MP to serve them.

Writing on his facebook page the day the Writ of Election was issued on 9 May, PM Lee encouraged Hougang voters to use the opportunity wisely and urged them to elect the best candidate with commitment and integrity.

Mr Lee also said that the Hougang by-election should not distract the country from focusing on national priorities, and building an inclusive Singa*pore.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Now PM Lee throws his hat into the ring... That's really interesting... seems that there must be enough reasons for him to stake his reputation in Hougang.... The fight will be very very close.

Goh Meng Seng

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now PM Lee throws his hat into the ring... That's really interesting... seems that there must be enough reasons for him to stake his reputation in Hougang.... The fight will be very very close.

Goh Meng Seng

In America, when any serious politican wants to run for election, he'll have to allacate campaign funds to engage professional to conduct polling data. They form key members in their teams. The polling is done regularly to allow candidate to tune their message and activities as well as measuring the result....

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Close fight. WP may just get below 55% or even lose... nobody will know for sure until the votes are counted.

Goh Meng Seng

That's like saying WP may win or lose. Huh? Very profound.

No wonder you're the guru and I'm not. 佩服佩服

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
WP has no choice but to put on all force in Hougang... basically because Png is a very very weak candidate relative to Desmond Choo. But that may not add points to their contest.

Goh Meng Seng

U r really a shameless thickskin pua cb Kia.

Just yesterday u were condemning wp for sending their bigwigs there and commending pap for not doing so. Today lhl went there and u change your tune immed.

No doubts who your paymaster is. Traitor loser gms. Fuck u.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r really a shameless thickskin pua cb Kia.

Just yesterday u were condemning wp for sending their bigwigs there and commending pap for not doing so. Today lhl went there and u change your tune immed.

No doubts who your paymaster is. Traitor loser gms. Fuck u.

When WP is his target (of attacks, taunts, riddicule, etc), then actually GMS is very consistent.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng cannot be faulted on knowledge, facts, logic & reason.

Street smart he is not.

Even if he is by a far stretch or in moments of brilliance, he is DEFINITELY not street wise.

All the knowledge.

But no WISDOM.

So his take is always so obvious and superficial.

And of course, he obviously disagree.....

Lessons for all of us, how one can start off as a spirited idealist , yet end up an intellectual constipator.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP has no choice but to put on all force in Hougang... basically because Png is a very very weak candidate relative to Desmond Choo. But that may not add points to their contest.

Goh Meng Seng

Mr. Goh

Can you give more details on how DC is a stronger candidate than Png? Maybe we consider the following qualities that I think are relevant:

1. Political acumen
2. Empathy
3. Compassion
4. Fairness
5. Dedication & commitment
6. Communication skills
7. Intellect

Can you rate both of them in these 7 areas from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). Feel free to add other relevant qualities.

Last edited:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sibei lau Kwee. Gms don't dare to answer this.
Kotex bro,

Truth be told, tan kin liam had a go at tan jee seow feeling betrayed etc

But with GMS, i am sure tan squeeze balls big time - this guy egged him to have go then said actually he merely want to inspire him even though meng seng concede his chances are weak ( wahlan! Horse back canon!)

I saw on CNA GMS on stage at kin lian's rally. Unlike ivy-singham, gms not only talk about himslf but also smugly tell the audience it is HE who convinced kin lian to stand... If that is not vanity, i dunno what is.

Seriously, with 'friends' like GMS, who need enemies?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gms is being paid by the pap to spew all these negatives against wp so that demon choo may have some chance of winning. He is also openly jealous of wp achievements. These are his reasons. Nothing noble. All personal and petty stuff.

Shit!!! And I was hoping that he would educate me on DC and Ah Huat. What a dumb ass I'm! Guess I can never see his reply. Shit!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nobody will know for sure until the votes are counted.

Thank you for enlightening us. I just learnt something new from you this evening. To be more precise, you should add the following to your earth shattering statement - nobody will know for sure until the votes are counted AND IF NEED BE, RECOUNTED.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
One last try.

Mr. Goh

Can you give more details on how DC is a stronger candidate than Png? Maybe we consider the following qualities that I think are relevant:

1. Political acumen
2. Empathy
3. Compassion
4. Fairness
5. Dedication & commitment
6. Communication skills
7. Intellect

Can you rate both of them in these 7 areas from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). Feel free to add other relevant qualities.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I tell you what, goto this site and watch how the two answer the simple questions on what they would raise in parliament if they get elected, you do your own comparison and come to your own conclusions.

http://blogs.todayonline.com/todaymultimedia/2012/05/17/question-to-candidates-if-youre-elected-to-parliament-what-national-issues-will-you-champion/

Goh Meng Seng

One last try.

Mr. Goh

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tell you what, goto this site and watch how the two answer the simple questions on what they would raise in parliament if they get elected, you do your own comparison and come to your own conclusions.

Goh Meng Seng

This is disappointing. I'm not the one who made the assertion, you did. You said Png is much weaker than DC. I'm merely asking you to back up your assertion. Why are you asking me to form my own conclusion? Even if I do, I still don't understand how you arrive at your conclusion, no?

There's a fundamental principle in life. He who alleges must substantiate. In this case, you said that Png is weaker than DC. But unwilling/can't show us how you arrive at this conclusion.

Last edited:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ Goh Meng Seng

Take a good long rest since that 2011 election you have put up so many banners, posters and giving rally speeches

In the end, your WHOLE NSP Team FAILED BADLY and not won even 1 seats in the parliament.

Don't waste time thinking of politics. Enough is enough.

Why waste time + energy in this forum politics section ?

You should move on to other stuff.

Life is short.

Treasure your time.

My 2 cents advice.

Last edited: