• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS Selling Home To Contest Election 吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wielded by a group of baboons huddled in a groupthink, even people with reasonable but unpalatable arguments can be and have been banned when the group of baboons start grouping up to issue infractions ...
Look, I will be happy to engage you in a flame war when I have time to spare and am in the mood to be trivial and frivolous. But please create a separate thread for it. Don't spoil this thread with inconsequential rubbish. Thanks.
You twit - you don't deserve a thread on your vain self - worse than tonychat, at least he got one :cool:

Like me, you have to read through 100 posts in this thread before you decide, yes, I am gonna plant my flag here & teach these baboons a thing or two.

Using your analogy, one can see your loser mentality. First when people disagree with you & no one sing your praises, your deflated ego starts to hurt & you brand others as 'baboons'.

Receiving infractions, now you claimed you have been 'censored'. Did you not issue back infractions to kingrant in return ? Hypocrite!

'Censored' by 'baboons'?

Consider: this pompous fart stroll to the zoo & start raving at the gibberish baboons & he is pissed the baboons deride him & 'censor' him - yet the pompous fart wants so much to join in the 'baboons''s discussion.
When he 'has time to spare and am in the mood to be trivial and frivolous', he has a hobby of waxing lyrical to baboons. Remember, branding others as baboons make you one as well, asshole.

Sorry I have a life & unlike poor chauvenist who has to post at 4:41am - either he can't sleep or is prone to waking up before the break of dawn to google & giggle at this own smart-arse arguments.

Flame war with you - waste of my time. *yawn*

As & when I want to kick your ass, I will. :cool: :oIo:

P.S. can't even spell properly. When he register his nick, he mistyped 'chauv ve nist' to disguise his 'chauvinist' instincts.
There are malay chauvinists & chinese chauvinists etc. How apt for a preening narcissist to name himself a ' chauvinist' unto himself -

Chauvinist
1. someone with militant devotion to and glorification of one's country; fanatical patriotism.
2. Prejudiced belief in the superiority of one's own gender, group, or kind
[French <tt>chauvinisme</tt>, after Nicolas <tt> Chauvin</tt>, a legendary French soldier famous for his devotion to Napoleon.]
<hr class="hmshort" align="left">

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you're hitting a snag and it's always my style to spare

Nothing about me a hitting a "snag". It is no different when LL made a mistake about "magazines" and "journals". I did not even want to bother engaging him on what I saw as a trivial and peripheral issue until he persisted. I can go on and on and on with you over this and soon it will come down to a comparison of businessmen's pubic hair.

You might want to observe that to many, how much GMS is getting from the sales is immaterial. To think you'd been chasing that like a dog chasing its tail and finally still failed to convince.

Absolute rubbish. They were going ga-ga simply because they thought it was something more than material, i.e. he was going to throw in a few hundred thousand dollars because that's how much his flat is valued. He and his buddies were happy to go along with this false impression until it was whittled down and he was forced to reveal that it would only be $30-$40K. And even so, he is not going to lose this $30-$40K. Takes the shine and gloss off his announcement, does it not?

Pays to chase the tails of other dogs sometimes. :smile:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see no reason engaging Chauvenist.

He spun a whole intelllectual construct - bottomline is, he is out to show his contempt of Goh Meng Seng. period.

Meng Seng can more than hold his own - that joke boasted he achieved his aim of makng GMS admit to his nett cash proceeds - what crap! :mad:

Experienced forummers who want to be led down the alley splitting hairs with him over 'journals' & 'cpf contributions' & other 'inconsequential rubbish' (his words) - be his guest. :cool:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have no intention because yr arguments are shrouded in half truths and flimsy logic.

Let's recap on what you have said, since you are suffering from selective amnesia.

1. you said we shld not go "ga-ga" over GMS selling his flat to pay for entering politics;

2. you think that we alll are gullible because we are applauding GMS.

So in the first instance, you belittled GMS for his noble efforts to build an Opposition platform. To me, it didnt really matter whether GMS is going to make hundreds or tens of thousands on his flat. To you, you can't decide if the hundreds are good for him or the tens. What is more important is that in today's resale market, GMS will never be able to buy back a similar unit after he has sold his present one. That is a big loss. Even if he parks his "profits" back into his CPF, he still has to take out a new mortgage for a much larger amount.

That seems to have missed you by a light year. GMS's objective,I can see by selling his flat, is to show up the very syndrome of today's angst of runaway HDB prices, and that he was willing to bite the bullet to prove a point, making it a self-sacrifice. Now that is a courageous and honourable move that deserves ga-gaing over. Nit-picking, excelling in verbosity, that is yr trademark. That's why it is about YOU!

Next, when you tell us not to be gullible, aren't you in effect saying GMS was out to fool us? When else is one likely to be gullible? I hope you are not disclaiming you never used the word gullible or implied something else. Yet, you claimed you were assuming GMS was honest to start with. That is a most disingenuous lie and shows up the charlatan you are. I also assumed you had balls between yr legs, but now I am not too sure.... maybe a PAP running dog w/o balls with tail between yr legs

There is a time to be negative and a time to be constructive. But with you, as i have said, it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
GMS gave you too much credit for thinking you are a lawyer. I didnt think you are even qualified to be a clerk in a law firm, nor my runner.

Look, I have no intention of going on and on and on and on and on in engaging you on these trivial peripheral stuff. As I said, it is no skin of my nose if you or anyone choose to read what I wrote in any way you see fit.

I came in after about 100 messages or so in this thread when I saw the heroworshiping of GMS by those who were starstrucked by his "I am selling my flat" announcement. They, like you, were under the impression created that "selfless" Goh was going to "sacrifice" himself and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars when in truth, it could not be so. This is since the bulk of the proceeds of the sale will go back into paying the remaining loan on his flat and back into his CPF account.

There is a reason why you need to swear not just the truth, but the "whole truth" in court. That is simply because a partial truth can and more often be, worse than a full blown lie.

I have achieved my objective when GMS had no choice but was forced to reveal his $30-$40K figure and not the hundreds of thousands of dollars that the gullible were led to believe by the half-truths that were bandied around.

Last edited:

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Receiving infractions, now you claimed you have been 'censored'. Did you not issue back infractions to kingrant in return ? Hypocrite!

Nope, I did not.

I don't believe in this infraction nonsense. I am able to stand on my own two feet without being a spineless wimp having to resort to issuing infractions in order to censor and silence forummers.

I will be happy if you can prove that I have issued him or anyone any infractions.

The ball's in your court. :smile:

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
You twit - you don't deserve a thread on your vain self - worse than tonychat, at least he got one :cool:

Like me, you have to read through 100 posts in this thread before you decide, yes, I am gonna plant my flag here & teach these baboons a thing or two.

Using your analogy, one can see your loser mentality. First when people disagree with you & no one sing your praises, your deflated ego starts to hurt & you brand others as 'baboons'.

'Censored' by 'baboons'?

Consider: this pompous fart stroll to the zoo & start raving at the gibberish baboons & he is pissed the baboons deride him & 'censor' him - yet the pompous fart wants so much to join in the 'baboons''s discussion.
When he 'has time to spare and am in the mood to be trivial and frivolous', he has a hobby of waxing lyrical to baboons. Remember, branding others as baboons make you one as well, asshole.

Sorry I have a life & unlike poor chauvenist who has to post at 4:41am - either he can't sleep or is prone to waking up before the break of dawn to google & giggle at this own smart-arse arguments.

Flame war with you - waste of my time. *yawn*

As & when I want to kick your ass, I will. :cool: :oIo:

P.S. can't even spell properly. When he register his nick, he mistyped 'chauv ve nist' to disguise his 'chauvinist' instincts.
There are malay chauvinists & chinese chauvinists etc. How apt for a preening narcissist to name himself a ' chauvinist' unto himself -

Chauvinist
1. someone with militant devotion to and glorification of one's country; fanatical patriotism.
2. Prejudiced belief in the superiority of one's own gender, group, or kind
[French <tt>chauvinisme</tt>, after Nicolas <tt> Chauvin</tt>, a legendary French soldier famous for his devotion to Napoleon.]
<hr class="hmshort" align="left">

Angry? What a pathetic lickspittle you are.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why can't GMS clear the air and provide some answers to these basic questions I've asked at least twice. Here is the re-post:

Is there no way at all to raise funds by other more dignified means, than to come to Sammyboy to announce sale of your 4 rm flat?

Did you at least attempt the following to raise 30k to 40k in funds through NSP:

1. Solicit funds and donations from supporters early?
2. A donations drive on the road and through the Internet?
3. A fund raising dinner?
4. Sales of calenders, newspaper, souvenirs?

People have donated millions collectively to the cause of NKF, Renci, etc. With the disaffection against PAP, is GMS trying to tell us that he has trouble raising donations through NSP?

When this announcement to sell the flat was first, netizens did come forward to help with funds and donations. Why is GMS going about doing this is a difficult and risky manner?

Last edited:

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
So in the first instance, you belittled GMS for his noble efforts to build an Opposition platform.

Noble my ass. If he was that noble, he would have stepped in to immediately correct the impression that Ramseth had created with his very first posting.

What is more important is that in today's resale market, GMS will never be able to buy back a similar unit after he has sold his present one. That is a big loss. Even if he parks his "profits" back into his CPF, he still has to take out a new mortgage for a much larger amount.

I thought he said he was moving to Hongkong. What buy new unit rubbish are you talking about?

That seems to have missed you by a light year. GMS's objective,I can see by selling his flat, is to show up the very syndrome of today's angst of runaway HDB prices, and that he was willing to bite the bullet to prove a point, making it a self-sacrifice. Now that is a courageous and honourable move that deserves ga-gaing over. Nit-picking, excelling in verbosity, that is yr trademark. That's why it is about YOU!

Don't be daft and start attributing motives to him that he himself has never, even thought off. He has already stated his reasons why he is selling his flat. You don't have to create new reasons that he has never even thought of.

Next, when you tell us not to be gullible, aren't you in effect saying GMS was out to fool us? When else is one likely to be gullible? I hope you are not disclaiming you never used the word gullible or implied something else. Yet, you claimed you were assuming GMS was honest to start with. That is a most disingenuous lie and shows up the charlatan you are. I also assumed you had balls between yr legs, but now I am not too sure.... maybe a PAP running dog w/o balls with tail between yr legs!

Don't be an idiot. I said "honest" specifically in relation to P's claims about his CPF contributions. For fuck sake, if you want to join in like, at least learn to get your facts right.

There is a time to be negative and a time to be constructive. But with you, as i have said, it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't. GMS gave you too much credit for thinking you are a lawyer. I didnt think you are even qualified to be a clerk in a law firm, nor my runner.

You are pretty dense to think this constant puerile "you are not fit to be my runner" is causing me grief. Being a military officer in the SAF is hardly something to crow about........but then again, maybe for you, it is.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meng Seng can more than hold his own - that joke boasted he achieved his aim of makng GMS admit to his nett cash proceeds - what crap! :mad:

I am sure he can "more than hold his own". That is why, he has not been able to set aside a mere $100 -150/month in the last 20+ years for that $30-$40K and instead, has to resort to this gimmick of having to sell his flat -shhhhhhhhh....no one was supposed to know in the first place - because he vainly proclaims that "freedom is not free".

I didn't even know he was fighting for "freedom". I thought he was fighting over some silly theory about how to reduce flat prices that even his hardcore fans could not agree with.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Yellow

Sad to say is politics in Singapore is a game view by many , commented by many and not enough people put their money where their mouths are.

Its just not possible to raise the required amount to finance a party for an election even with a strong a brand name as the WP. 30 to 40 might be enough to run a party during normal times. survival and maintenence but not GE campaign mode. Politics needs money even in Singapore and I can't see why how GMS raises money is an issue of any major concern.

The 30 to 40k is the speculated profit, the truth is that he might also not be using profit but capital i.e the amount he put in the flat to fund his political ambitions as he wants to ensure that as SEC GEN he can support less well of candidates and if he was using capital then anything ard a 100 becomes possible.

Locke

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know Locke, I just find it very hard to believe that WP and/or NSP today will have problems raising 40k in donations. If there is indeed a groundswell of disaffection for PAP policies, I can't for the life of me understand why these citizens would choose not to contribute for a worthy cause.

We are talking $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100, or any amount Singaporean can afford, that can be collected by say NSP using Paypal via an Internet donation drive for example anonymously. There is no need to be afraid if that is the issue. In fact quite a few netizens here themselves volunteered to help GMS with funds when it was first made know he was selling his flat.

The only other other plausible explanation for Sinkees not contributing would be perhaps be they do not share WP or NSP's platform.

Sinkees can queue up to toss collectively millions every weekend at Singapore pools outlet. Are they really made of stone that they are unwilling to do their bit for the betterment of their own lives?

Dear Yellow

Sad to say is politics in Singapore is a game view by many , commented by many and not enough people put their money where their mouths are.

Its just not possible to raise the required amount to finance a party for an election even with a strong a brand name as the WP. 30 to 40 might be enough to run a party during normal times. survival and maintenence but not GE campaign mode. Politics needs money even in Singapore and I can't see why how GMS raises money is an issue of any major concern.

The 30 to 40k is the speculated profit, the truth is that he might also not be using profit but capital i.e the amount he put in the flat to fund his political ambitions as he wants to ensure that as SEC GEN he can support less well of candidates and if he was using capital then anything ard a 100 becomes possible.

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Yellow

Its the people, its their choice btw I believe that 40k plus a year selling news papers and dinners is possible but that is NOT ENOUGH FOR a GE Year for a party which is what GMS is selling his flat for. I hope u can see the distinction

Locke

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing about me a hitting a "snag". It is no different when LL made a mistake about "magazines" and "journals". I did not even want to bother engaging him on what I saw as a trivial and peripheral issue until he persisted. I can go on and on and on with you over this and soon it will come down to a comparison of businessmen's pubic hair.

Who was interested in pubic hair, that readers will determine. And a few already have, and it's not me. I have been on the issue because you dictated that he had been paying for his flat by CPF, and I have been singularly focused on this issue, until you supplemented that not using CPF = dishonest (among other pubic things). Another side (pubic) issue that came up was your remark that only opposition politicians was greedy and since no mention of PAP politicians, that PAP politicians were not. See how many strands of pubic hair have grown on the skin of your nose.

I said you hit a snag because you have since dropped the CPF argument. And when I raise it, you now avoid it.

Absolute rubbish. They were going ga-ga simply because they thought it was something more than material, i.e. he was going to throw in a few hundred thousand dollars because that's how much his flat is valued. He and his buddies were happy to go along with this false impression until it was whittled down and he was forced to reveal that it would only be $30-$40K. And even so, he is not going to lose this $30-$40K. Takes the shine and gloss off his announcement, does it not?

No wonder you were so hyped up when everybody wasn't or was not in your way.

Pays to chase the tails of other dogs sometimes. :smile:

I'm afraid there are are no other dogs around, for your info.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are talking $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100, or any amount Singaporean can afford, that can be collected by say NSP using Paypal via an Internet donation drive for example anonymously. There is no need to be afraid if that is the issue. In fact quite a few netizens here themselves volunteered to help GMS with funds when it was first made know he was selling his flat.

In fact, many are willing to donate but acceptance is a bit complicated, unless the donors are also willing to identify themselves.

Political Donations Act, Chapter 236 Section 8(2)
Nothing in this section shall prohibit a political association from accepting during any one financial year of the association anonymous donations less than a total sum of $5,000, or such other prescribed sum.

Note that the restriction $5,000 total donations per year, not per donation. For those who were there to recall, at the WP rally at Ubi in GE 2006, a donor presented a cheque for $5,000. A cheque is of course conclusively identifiable and this donor of course generous as well couldn't be bothered with being anonymous. But how many such people are there?

Political Donations Act, Chapter 236 Section 10(1)
Subject to the provisions of this Act, where any anonymous donation is offered to any political association, and section 8 prohibits the political association from accepting (whether wholly or in part) the donation, the following requirements must be complied with:
(a) if the donation was transmitted by a person (other than the donor) and the identity of that person is apparent, the whole donation must be returned to that person;
(b) if paragraph (a) does not apply but it is apparent that the donor has, in connection with the donation, used any facility provided by an identifiable financial institution, the whole donation must be returned to that financial institution; or'
(c) in all other cases, the whole donation must be sent to the Registrar.

Note that unaccountable anonymous donations would be forfeited. It's not only a waste of money intended for donation, but could potentially land the receiving party onto accounting and legal minefields.

The common way to circumvent this is by sale, not donation; sale of newspapers, souvenirs etc. It's common that item priced $1 and $2 receive $10 and $50 note where the buyer says keep the change.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know Locke, I just find it very hard to believe that WP and/or NSP today will have problems raising 40k in donations. If there is indeed a groundswell of disaffection for PAP policies, I can't for the life of me understand why these citizens would choose not to contribute for a worthy cause.

GMS selling his flat may raise $30 or 40k, more or less, I don't know. In any case, it's not about raising $40k or whatever figure, as if $40k or so is sufficient to run a party and contest elections. It's about raising as much as possible, doing as much as one could possibly afford to do.

The Chinese quote in the threadtitle 破釜沉舟背水一战 means break all pots, sink all boats, fight with back against the water with no retreat.

If you play poker, it means showhand.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
gms selling his flat may raise $30 or 40k, more or less, i don't know. In any case, it's not about raising $40k or whatever figure, as if $40k or so is sufficient to run a party and contest elections. It's about raising as much as possible, doing as much as one could possibly afford to do.

The chinese quote in the threadtitle 破釜沉舟背水一战 means break all pots, sink all boats, fight with back against the water with no retreat.

If you play poker, it means showhand.

吴明盛置之死地而後生,孤注一擲勢必要奪下淡兵泥城堡。馬將軍得知吴明盛已兵臨城下,驚慌之餘立即棄甲曳兵逃到雁門關外,後為避免仇家追殺終於決定皈依佛門削髮為僧,法號夢遺。

後來夢遺法師勤勞研究武學,希望有朝一日能夠東山再起。皇天不負苦心人,終於讓夢遺法師悟出了一套絕世武學,其內功新法只有八個字:

“欲練神功,必先自宮”

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
吴明盛置之死地而後生,孤注一擲勢必要奪下淡兵泥城堡。馬將軍得知吴明盛已兵臨城下,驚慌之餘立即棄甲曳兵逃到雁門關外,後為避免仇家追殺終於決定皈依佛門削髮為僧,法號夢遺。

後來夢遺法師勤勞研究武學,希望有朝一日能夠東山再起。皇天不負苦心人,終於讓夢遺法師悟出了一套絕世武學,其內功新法只有八個字:

“欲練神功,必先自宮”

吴上尉展开十面埋伏,马将军身处四面楚歌,遥望眼,不见海,错以为新加坡版图全属内陆 (landlocked).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick summary at the 283 message mark.

1) Credit to CVN for the copious amount of words, posts, excellent writing skills, unblemished grammar but what has been created is a mountain out of a molehill. Frankly who the intended audience is a matter for him. As expected the reply was short, terse, witty and hoping to sound intellectual. I suppose putting lipstick to a pig and hoping it flys.

2) Yellow aka Ptader. Still chasing riff raffs and the obession with GMS still remains unabated. Not sure what GMS did while in WP but this obsession is just unbelievable. Its does not matter what GMS does or does not do. I also suspect it got to do with SDP and WP wayang days where he was previously preoccupied with.

Anyway, it has been been a good thread for many and in my opinion adds to GMS cause rather than erodes it.

At the end of the day - what are exactly the issues for the benefit of the rest,

CVN - GMS is dishonest and making a windfall and has not interest in helping in people.
Yellow aka Ptader - absolutely no idea but GMS is wayang but he does not not know why.

Luckily for both, PAP candidates are available to be voted in and they don't have to vote for GMS. I am sure voters and simple minded Singapoerans are grateful to CVN for his coolness and pointing out the fraud that GMS is and I am sure thay are also grateful to Yellow for senssing somehting is wrong with GMS but they have to take his word for it. I am sure like the Ang Mo Kio incident, his figment of imagination will deliver the goods.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick summary at the 283 message mark.

1) Credit to CVN for the copious amount of words, posts, excellent writing skills, unblemished grammar but what has been created is a mountain out of a molehill. Frankly who the intended audience is a matter for him. As expected the reply was short, terse, witty and hoping to sound intellectual. I suppose putting lipstick to a pig and hoping it flys.

2) Yellow aka Ptader. Still chasing riff raffs and the obession with GMS still remains unabated. Not sure what GMS did while in WP but this obsession is just unbelievable. Its does not matter what GMS does or does not do. I also suspect it got to do with SDP and WP wayang days where he was previously preoccupied with.

Anyway, it has been been a good thread for many and in my opinion adds to GMS cause rather than erodes it.

At the end of the day - what are exactly the issues for the benefit of the rest,

CVN - GMS is dishonest and making a windfall and has not interest in helping in people.
Yellow aka Ptader - absolutely no idea but GMS is wayang but he does not not know why.

Luckily for both, PAP candidates are available to be voted in and they don't have to vote for GMS. I am sure voters and simple minded Singapoerans are grateful to CVN for his coolness and pointing out the fraud that GMS is and I am sure thay are also grateful to Yellow for senssing somehting is wrong with GMS but they have to take his word for it. I am sure like the Ang Mo Kio incident, his figment of imagination will deliver the goods.