• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Football Gambling - Day by Day previews/analysis

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've not been updating the thread recently, as have been bz, and also like what some brothers mentioned, they're all waiting for the major leagues to start. Well, the EPL and Bundesliga have started, so i'll hopefully be back with analysis and bets starting this week...

Anyway, since the season has started, hope there will be more activity in this thread. Pls, anyone is welcome to contribute, be it team news, analysis, discussions etc. I state again, the main aim is to bust the bookies, be it Singapore Pools or online...:biggrin:

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noticed quite a few games today, mostly friendlies. Wonder if anyone is interested or looking into any of the games? If yes, i will try to find some games worthy of a punt or two (based on my own opinion, of course), and maybe do a write-up. If not, then will wait till weekend. All others are welcome to post...:smile:

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i no pundit so will wait for yr analysis txs!:smile:

Well bro, i'll try my best. I'll look thru the games available, and if i do spot anything which i feel is good, i'll try my best to post something here. But again, pls be reminded that these are not lobangs or KT, so if u follow, pls do so at ur own risk. And most importantly, don't bet more than what u can afford to lose!!! :smile:

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well...at first glance, i quite fancy Italy to win their game against Austria tonight. Dear old Lippi is back in charge for Italy, with Donadoni leaving the post after the Euro fiasco. Lippi was the man who brought Italy to World Cup glory in 2006, and he has come out and said that he was an idiot to leave after the World Cup. Lippi has been a coach i have always admired, and i was shocked that he resigned after the World Cup win. Anyway, this time he is back, and i think we will see a much better Italy now, starting with today's friendly match against Austria, which is Lippi's 40th match in charge of the Azzuri.

Anyway, team news seems relatively ok, with a strong squad named for the match. Notable absentees would be Luca Toni, who i think will not be that badly missed, since he has never performed well for Italy, and also Camoranesi will be absent, but the rest of the midfield should be strong enough.

Important point to note is that Lippi could field a strikeforce of Iaquinta, Gilardino and Del Piero, with a stronger emphasis on attack. Granted Del Piero is not getting any younger, but he had played well for Juve recently, and Iaquinta being his team mate at Juventus will not do the communication between the front line any harm. I know that Gilardino has not had the best of times at Ac Milan, but that was due to him not getting enough matches, and by the time he had more playing time, confidence was already down. He is a very talented striker, and i'm sure he will show it this season at Fiorentina.

Midfield wise we will probably see a 2 Roma and 2 Milan players. The midfield is both physically and technically strong. Defence wise would be the most problematic. I know this is Italy we're talking about, but they have not been as sturdy in recent years. Seems like the production chain is malfunctioning, after Nesta and Cannavaro we no longer see any solid defenders coming through in Italy's colours.

What can i say about Austria? I have never regarded them as footballing superpowers, and sometimes they even put in below average performances. They qualified for Euro only as co-hosts, and although they put up a brave fight, it was obvious that they never had the quality required to bridge the difference in quality, with perhaps only the fans support willing them on.

Squad wise, Austria have a mixture of players from around Europe, but no one specially catching my eye. Man for man, i dare say that in terms of quality, Italy definitely has the edge. Austria probably has only 2 factors in their favour. One is that majority of their players have started the season, in Austria, German, a couple in Russia and Sweden league. So match fitness should be slightly better. Another is that they also have a new coach, in czech Karel Bruckner. He has been a long time coach of Czech team, and they had performed well under him. Certainly he is an experienced coach, and it will be interesting to see how he tries to turn Austria's fortunes around, though i doubt there will be much difference in the first match under his charge.

All in all, the return of Lippi will be a huge boost to the morale of the Azzuri, who are really in need of a good performance after their disappointing Euro campaign. Lippi has the credentials needed for the job, with the World Cup win further cementing his ability. Although the season has not started for most of the Italian players, but i doubt that the Karel Bruckner will be able to transform the Austria team into world beaters in such a short time.

Will be going for Italy -1 and also i expect an open game, so a smaller punt on Over 2.25 goals.

Again, since this is a friendly match, and we will probably see many changes from both sides, pls keep ur bets to a minimum.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also think Italy should win and clear the handicap.
Germany also should win comfortable against Belgium

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Germany looks good for the win also, but the handicap is rather high for my liking at the moment. Will probably take a closer look at the match, but may include the straight win in a parlay/combo.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The international friendly fixtures this mid-week:

Russia v. Holland
Denmark v. Spain
Italy v. Austria
Germany v Belgium
Scotland v. N. Ireland
Sweden v. France
England v. Czech

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
England v. Czech how?

England is a team i really hate to punt on. They are simply awful when it comes to the main stage, but in friendly games, they do perform.

Anyway, for today's game, some info i can find regarding the Czech team :

The coach has changed, and the man running the team now is the ex-coach of Teplice (Czech 1st division team), and also the ex-asst coach of the national team. Has not won any major honours, and is not the best man for the job i think, cos u do need some credentials to earn the respect of players.

For this match, the Czech team will be missing some household names - Rosicky, Sionko, Matejovsky (all thru injuries) and Koller and Galasek (retired from national team). I'm not particularly impressed with the Czech team. In attack they have Baros, who has simply been dismal/out of form for too long. He has not scored for ages now, and i doubt his confidence will be at a high for the match tonight. The other striker is Sverkos, who i regard as just an average player.

Its in midfield that the Czechs have probably a little bit of quality, and would have been further boosted if Rosicky was playing. Anyway, the player to look out for would be David Jarolim, but would 1 guy be enough? The rest of the midfield are not fantastic, but still do their job solidly. In defence, Czech will probably start with the same back 4 as they did in Euro.

England...now what can u say abt them? Every major tournament, they're always expected to do well, but always stumble. Seems like they can't really take the pressure well enough.

Anyway, the 1st 11 will probably choose itself. U'll probably see the same familiar faces, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc. What will be interesting will be who partners Rooney upfront, and how he tries to accomodate Lampard n Gerrard in MF. These 2 will probably determine the game.

All in all, if u were to force me to choose, i would choose England to clinch the win. Capello certainly has the edge in tactical nous over the new Czech coach, and in terms of squad depth, with the missings in the Czech NT, England has the edge also. Also, i don't fancy the new Czech coach to make an immediate impression on the Czech team, who looked old, unmotivated and listless in Euro. Certainly the "golden generation" of the Czech team is over, and some massive rebuilding is required, but this game comes too early for them. And lastly, England has this irritating habit to perform in friendlies...:p

England to win

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls note that i will not personally be betting on England, cos i really hate them as a team to bet on. Just my own opinion regarding the match.

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Italy 2-2 FT :mad:

Italy -1 bet lost
Over 2.25 goals won

Overall, still a loss. Sorry abt that guys, but as i said, friendly matches are a real throw of the dice. Anyway, looking forward to the weekend, n hope u guys did win money yesterday!!!

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
ermm bro,

appreciate your inputs but so far not good leh..

you say take italy : italy draw :biggrin:

you say take england : england draw :confused:

you say germany cannot take : germany win :eek:

Well, as i said, all these are my own opinions. It is all up to ur own disgression whether or not to choose the bets. Results that happen is solely ur own responsibility. And i never said all these were lobangs or KTs.

Lastly, if every pick i choose were to record a win, then i would not be here online. I will probably be at some exotic holiday location, soaking up the sun, the sand and the sea :p

So Bro AhPek65, appreciate u pointing out that the inputs are not good, but they are just what u have said they are, INPUTS. Not sure win picks, not lobangs, not KTs. I will still carry on to give my own analysis and picks (it's something i like to do), and hope that i can c more like-minded pple coming in here to give their 2 cents worth, cos that is what this thread is about. It is about sharing any news, info, opinions, details about any soccer matches up for punting. Until the day there is extreme opposition to the existence of this thread, otherwise unfortunately for u, Bro AhPek65, u will continue to c such INPUTS. Hopefully they can change from "diarrhoea-inducing" INPUTs to "golden" INPUTS. :p

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
And to Bro AhPek65, a couple more things regarding ur statement. I did not say don't take Germany, i did say they will win, just that i am not comfortable win the handicap. I did not tell anyone not to play them on the handicap, nor did i discourage any1 to go against them. I in fact played them on straight odds, but not on handicap, which they just covered (handicap 1.75 - they won by 2 goals).

Also, if u do read properly, i did say that i was not going to bet on England. The post about the England - Czech match was to give some info regarding the teams, and my opinion of how the match would go, since Bro Ramseth asked me for my view. Never once in the thread did i say that England are dead on certainties to win the match.

And lastly, at least also include my over2.25 goals bet for Italy mah...u only include bets which didn't win...:p

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
England to win

?? maybe i see wrongly..:wink:

My input : Olympic woman's final.. Brazil to win in normal time ..:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Sigh...indeed in the post i did write England to win...but there are other things in the post...think i will not use bold lettering in future...let me refresh ur memory...and since u like to look at bold lettering, let me put in bold what i am emphasizing again...:rolleyes:

England is a team i really hate to punt on. They are simply awful when it comes to the main stage, but in friendly games, they do perform.

Anyway, for today's game, some info i can find regarding the Czech team :

All in all, if u were to force me to choose, i would choose England to clinch the win. Capello certainly has the edge in tactical nous over the new Czech coach, and in terms of squad depth, with the missings in the Czech NT, England has the edge also. Also, i don't fancy the new Czech coach to make an immediate impression on the Czech team, who looked old, unmotivated and listless in Euro. Certainly the "golden generation" of the Czech team is over, and some massive rebuilding is required, but this game comes too early for them. And lastly, England has this irritating habit to perform in friendlies...:p

England to win

Pls note that i will not personally be betting on England, cos i really hate them as a team to bet on. Just my own opinion regarding the match.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ermm bro,

appreciate your inputs but so far not good leh..

you say take italy : italy draw :biggrin:

you say take england : england draw :confused:

you say germany cannot take : germany win :eek:

Well, of course when someone has no money, he tends to gamble to get some cash. Well, sinkie's intellect is always at that level.