• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, it's Ubi not Ubin. Lucky i didn't take a boat to Ubin to look out for this shop bro...... ha ha ha :smile:

sorry, typo error...
any one been to sulili(dont think is the correct spelling)....???
heard there will be some fishing contest going on during May...

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, merry xmas to all fishing kakis...
can some one advise me where can i do deep sea fishing in Bangkok? i plan to have a break in Mid Apr. thinking of going for deep sea fishing. thanks.

longislandtea

I am into fishing since 1967 till today, started from Jardine Step(Keppel Bay) cost $20.00 share by 5 friends, cost per person $4.00/head, time from 8am to 5pm, Jardine step to Salu Island, day fishing..not bad catch.

The we upgrade to Sedili Kechil fishing, those days it cost RM220.00 for 5 person, catch was fantastic, today Sedili Kechil, is over fishing, we stop going there. Then we tried Pengarang Fishing, we rent Chinese Boatman, price range RM450.00, timing Saturday morning reached Pengarang 11am boatman delayed till 4pm, we fished till next morning around 5-6am boatman want to go back already they say oh if low tide we can't get in..so lan lan go back...than the boatman keep on increasing the boat fee. We stop going there..

Than tried Mersing and Penyabong fishing was good, rental of Kelong 3 day 2 nite stay was RM170.00 per person, catch was good.. we continue till kelong collapsed during the monsoon season..the end of Penyabong..

Then we tried Tanjong Pinang, initially was good, good catch, nice boat and comfortable...as price of diesel shoot up so does the boat fee...plus lots of tipping, porters, customs, boat captain, boat crew, fish gutter...it become very expensive!!! Lately my fishing kaki reels got stolen at TP Accurate Boss 870 and Tica...probably many more kakis reel got stolen too but not mentioned.

I am considering retiring all my reels and fishing rod...nowadays it wiser to fish in the fishery port..aim...Batang...grouper.. spend less $100.00 get lots of fishes, every one in the family is happy..

cheers

:rolleyes::biggrin::cool:

Dear Uncle KL,

In Penyabong, Mersing at this time there are 2 kelong, namely Acheh and INU kelong:
http://www.kelongacheh.com/
http://www.inukelongresort.com/index.html

You mentioned the Penyabong kelong you went has collapsed, any idea when did this took place? Does this kelong has another name?

I went to this Kelong in Mersing in the late 80s. The owner's name is Frankie. Not sure if you been there but this kelong is history already (collapsed due to old age).

Tight lines!

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Uncle KL,

In Penyabong, Mersing at this time there are 2 kelong, namely Acheh and INU kelong:
http://www.kelongacheh.com/
http://www.inukelongresort.com/index.html

You mentioned the Penyabong kelong you went has collapsed, any idea when did this took place? Does this kelong has another name?

I went to this Kelong in Mersing in the late 80s. The owner's name is Frankie. Not sure if you been there but this kelong is history already (collapsed due to old age).

Tight lines!

any kelong i can go during Dec 2009/Jan 2010? i itchy for fishing....

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penyabong was my favorite kelong, Thomas Lim and Ah Seng shared this kelong, Thomas Lim sang Rm100k. Ah Sneg charged RM170 equivalent to S$100 last time.

Due to poor maintenance no upgrade nebong palm, but keep on adding weighs to kelong, generator, lots of 5 gallons water for useage, shower, rubbish etc, one fine day during December kelong collapse, Ah Siong was holding to one of the Nebong floating
at sea. Later boat came and rescue him.

We had very good catch at Penyabong, we would take a boat out early morning with our sotong from kelong just opposite the kelong near one of the island deep drop off
from 730 am to 12pm, 3 of us, each would get about 15 trevally good size.

Best catch was this June 2009 Elly's boat I personally catch about 16 biggies, until
i Told my fren from now on I shall use Handline, I pull up 3 biggies just to show my fren how easy it was and sentivity of the handline.

Now TP ferry restriction on Ice Box so, not so interested to go there, Indo boat man will suffer. Only Wavemaster allow ice box. Elly, Ah Khiang, Ah Chiang business for 2010
will be badly hit. Will patronised local boatman at Ponggol Marina or SRYC only parking is EXPENSIVE!!! Just like Changi Ferry Terminal Parking EXPENSIVE!!

Ponggol Marina parking $3.00 per day if I am not mistaken, last time was $2.00 per entry.

Cost for fishing boat charter has gone up so ridiculous I will only fish once a year !!!
3day 2nit cost $3500.00 w/o baits plus $200.00 = $3700.00.

Cost per head $370 if u got 10 kakis! some more tips to crew ???

What is cheap today? play golf in JB cosy for 18 hole RM38.00 =S$15.80, plus toll and makan S$25.00?? where to find?

Any kaki want to make lead fishing sinkers? I have the aluminum mould of different sizes for deep sea fishing. Just buy the lead from tyre shop they will sell cheap!!
Must have a gas burner to melt the lead!

cheers