• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fish & Chips

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must try and persuade some of my friends to join me for fish and chips during the two weeks Easter(autumn) break- before we fly off to Melbourne for a well-deserved rest from school and work. :cool:

Go at 2.30pm when the crowds thin out. Order the traditional fish and chips. Then order pepper squid and octupus, plus the best 3 types of fish. Take your time and watch the boats begin to leave in the evening.

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fish and Chips must rate as one of the most unhealthiest food to be categorised.

Artery cloggers and heart attacks enhancers.

Eat in moderation and preferably done in non lard oil will be a bonus but it is still a killer food.

Why must the Asians worship all these shitty foods when the angmohs are slowly phasing them out from their diets ?( no more than once a week)

Our steamed fish are the best, health-wise.

So be warned !!!!

Others people poisons might be our own poisons as well !!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Others people poisons might be our own poisons as well !!!!
You sound really paranoid.

Nobody eats fish and chips all year around. Certainly not asians. Learn to sample all the good things in life at least once. You might die early but you would not have wasted the good things in life.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
mentioning of this place bring back my sad memory _ I lost my wife in Sept, brought my two kids there in Nov 'cause during the illness she wanted to go see our friends in Fremantle

_at Cicerello's I talked to my kids about their mum , the first time since her demise

( how cum there is no crying emo )

Hi muddaydog,

Please accept my sincere condolences. I am sure it must have been very painful for you to lose your beloved wife and for your kids to have lost their loving mother.

Reading most of your posts I had the impression that you are a happy-go-lucky and fun guy and I apologise for having poked fun at you without knowing the pain you are suffering within your heart.

Please accept my humble apologies and I hope for happier days for you and your kids as time passes. :o

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi muddaydog,
Please accept my humble apologies

that's alright, senior, nothing to apology
like I said it had been some years and one cannot carry that bag forever, you have to drop it somehow. Thanks for being hilarious at time, and I must say sorry to all you fish & chips guys if I spoil you mood

btw snr, you spelt my name wrong la

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sound really paranoid.

Nobody eats fish and chips all year around. Certainly not asians. Learn to sample all the good things in life at least once. You might die early but you would not have wasted the good things in life.

Not paranoid at all, sir !!!!
Speaking from experience and if you have a careful lookaround at the affluent parts of any angmoh townships, the fish and chips shops are all on their way out !!!

Basically angmoh's fastfood kills, especially those fried with lard.:wink:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking from experience and if you have a careful lookaround at the affluent parts of any angmoh townships, the fish and chips shops are all on their way out !!!

Oh c'mon, how many times can one from SG come down to Fremantle, Perth, to eat fish and chips? Even I here, don't go to Fremantle everyday. To say that we shouldn't eat fish and chips everyday is right: that's because we don't.

After all, our main staple is still rice and other asian stir-fries. Fish and chips is something in addition to that as a treat. So we don't eat it everyday.

lan_lan69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long John Silvers used to have very tasty and crunchy fish n chips! :smile:the last time i ate there, quality has ddroped. lots of crumbs and small pieces of fish!:mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fried foods are more tasty than steamed foods, but its more unhealthy because of the oxidization that goes on with the oils & meats.

MacD, KFC,... is the cause of many of the health problems in the U.S. All that read meat, large quantities of sugar in those cokes, fried chips,..:eek:

Spore is following this same road, just look at all those school kids at these fast food joints :rolleyes:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheers bro, shall check it out on my next visit:smile:
I googled it and found the link. Yes, it's the same shop: Seafresh Fish Restaurant 80-81 Wilton Road. Victoria. London. Must be the same one with a makeover. Was first there in 1979 on a business trip. Do have a go if you happen to be there. I don't you can go wrong except they don't wrap it in newspapers anymore.

http://www.visitlondon.com/attractions/detail/52120

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh c'mon, how many times can one from SG come down to Fremantle, Perth, to eat fish and chips? Even I here, don't go to Fremantle everyday. To say that we shouldn't eat fish and chips everyday is right: that's because we don't.

After all, our main staple is still rice and other asian stir-fries. Fish and chips is something in addition to that as a treat. So we don't eat it everyday.

That's because you don't have good fish and chips outlets in Singapore. Just like Thailand, you go there, sure drink Tom Yum soup. The locals barely touch it everyday.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really appear to be lazy man, frying fish fingers is damn simple and easy:biggrin:

Sorry no idea where you can get ready cooked fish fingers in S'pore.

I love fish fingers but am too lazy to cook them.
Do you know where I can buy ready cooked fish fingers?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite true. The worst when it comes to diet probably the Scots: chip butties, fried mars bars and ciggies/fags:rolleyes::biggrin:

But then again our own local 'fast food' at hawker stalls aren't much better: char kwa teow, kambing soup, nasi lemak etc.:p

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really appear to be lazy man, frying fish fingers is damn simple and easy:biggrin:

Sorry no idea where you can get ready cooked fish fingers in S'pore.

Nah, I think he was referring to frozen ones which can be put in the oven and be cooked in minutes. In that case, those are available almost everywhere in the island. The only difference is that there's different brands, and hence different quality in taste and different prices.

Frozen fish fingers are a boon to undergrad students btw, especially foreign ones, especially when its crunch time for assignments.

I was just waiting for someone to mention LJS, this place serves shitty F&C, really the pits:rolleyes::eek:

Well, its a cheapo version of the real thing. Plus the fish isn't fresh in the 1st place.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because you don't have good fish and chips outlets in Singapore. Just like Thailand, you go there, sure drink Tom Yum soup. The locals barely touch it everyday.

Well, I'm in Australia, and I don't go to fish and chip outlets too often- especially alone. You wanna be with friends if you want to have that for dinner- companionship makes its a better experience for good food.

Fried foods are more tasty than steamed foods, but its more unhealthy because of the oxidization that goes on with the oils & meats.

MacD, KFC,... is the cause of many of the health problems in the U.S. All that read meat, large quantities of sugar in those cokes, fried chips,..:eek:

Spore is following this same road, just look at all those school kids at these fast food joints :rolleyes:

As long as one eats properly and exercises right- which less and less young kids in secondary schools are doing these days- an occasional visit to a fast food joint is okay. Still its hard to get a six pack if one keeps on going to McD after he/she exercises.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops sorry if that is the case jw5:o

I have always been partial to birdseye, trusted the looks of the captain with the white beard:biggrin:
Nah, I think he was referring to frozen ones which can be put in the oven and be cooked in minutes. In that case, those are available almost everywhere in the island. The only difference is that there's different brands, and hence different quality in taste and different prices.

Frozen fish fingers are a boon to undergrad students btw, especially foreign ones, especially when its crunch time for assignments.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do they still have the shark bitten canoe hanging in the main hall?

In my last trip it was till there. I presme it still is as shown on their website. The fresh creamy oysters are also worth every dollar to get to cholesterol heaven.