• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fish & Chips

jw5

Loyal
Big article in the Life Section yesterday about Fish & Co.
What do you think of Fish & Co's Fish & Chips?
How does it compare with Mad Jacks?
Any other places for good and value-for-money Fish & Chips?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

The best Spore fish & chips Ive ever eaten is Harry Ramsden. Unfortunately rental dispute between the fish&chip co & the landlord (fuck these bastards@!!!!) sadly ended their stay in Spore.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal

I only went to Fish & Chips once. During my first trip, when I took the first sip of the soup, my throat got pierced by a slim, long & narrow wooden stick, and have to go to the hospital to get it extracted immediately.

I have never went back to Fish & Chips ever since.......................

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been there 2 or 3 times. It is more of a modern fusion restaurant testing on a variety of fishes.

I don't really like it especially on the mexican rice thing. It is definitely not my taste.

I prefer the original Fish and Chips from England near the old airport road. Too bad it is closed down.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best Spore fish & chips Ive ever eaten is Harry Ramsden. Unfortunately rental dispute between the fish&chip co & the landlord (fuck these bastards@!!!!) sadly ended their stay in Spore.

Agree with you that its the best so far.

I kind of wonder why the land loard wants to raise their rent, its not like the place is a honey pot for bees or something. Any shops that opened there after that closed down in a few months time.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been there 2 or 3 times. It is more of a modern fusion restaurant testing on a variety of fishes.

I don't really like it especially on the mexican rice thing. It is definitely not my taste.

I prefer the original Fish and Chips from England near the old airport road. Too bad it is closed down.

U mean located near the Kallang Indoor stadium? If it is, that's harry Ramsden!!! Fuck the landlords for kicking them out. May the landlords (whoever they are) die of food poisoning!!!!!

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you that its the best so far.

I kind of wonder why the land loard wants to raise their rent, its not like the place is a honey pot for bees or something. Any shops that opened there after that closed down in a few months time.

You should know how things works in Spore. Some landlords become greedy & make hefty rent increment as they know the restaurant can pass the cost down to the consumers. But kudos to the restaurant owner for not letting that to happen and instead, pack up & go.
So there it is. Another good fish & chippy restaurant left the shores of Spore at the expense of some idiotic & greedy bastard-of-a-landlord.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the land lord is the Garment. The place is practically either URA or HDB car park. Must be one of these two. They simply can't stand anyone making money without benefiting them.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the land lord is the Garment. The place is practically either URA or HDB car park. Must be one of these two. They simply can't stand anyone making money without benefiting them.

I reckon it should be the URAI knew the couple who were the owners when I visited the outlet regularly - after my kids got tired of the Mac and kfc next door.....best Fish & Chips I've tried ,served the old way in newspapers.

Wonder if the can get the franchise back and give this F&Co a run for their money...

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reckon it should be the URAI knew the couple who were the owners when I visited the outlet regularly - after my kids got tired of the Mac and kfc next door.....best Fish & Chips I've tried ,served the old way in newspapers.

Wonder if the can get the franchise back and give this F&Co a run for their money...

I have been there 2 or 3 times. The place serves authentic Fish & Chips, English style and it comes with Malt Vineger. Yum yum!

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only went to Fish & Chips once. During my first trip, when I took the first sip of the soup, my throat got pierced by a slim, long & narrow wooden stick, and have to go to the hospital to get it extracted immediately.

Did you sue the pants off them???

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fish & Co, different branches, different quality.....

Ordered the same dish in AMK Hub, Centrepoint and Terminal 2,,,,,, AMK Hub is the worst, Centrepoint ok,,,, but quality and service wise,,, Terminal 2 is the best,,,,,

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not particularly like their food. Taste-wise is not fantastic. Service wise is nothing to shout about too. There seem to be nothing good to talk about them.

That, however is my opinion. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have eaten at Harry Ramsden numerous time, both takeout & dine in. Funny thing I noticed was that their restaurant next door, the one with waitresses, was much more expensive for the same menu. They closed the restaurant first before they went out of business

Towards the end I notice that they stopped selling the Halibut. The halibut which was my favourite.

If you are ever in Pattaya(thailand), I recoomend the fish & chips at the The Pig & Whistle . The fish & chips portion was large & having it for breakfast, I was still full at luch time :smile:

This place must be owned by a brit. While eating you can watch the BBC on the TV they have there :eek:

http://www.pigandwhistlepattaya.com/

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds good, brings me back to my days in the UK when I use to enjoy piping hot F&C from the high street chippie shop in the thick of winter, loads of salt and malt vinegar with the chips being the big fat ones. Unhealthy but damn tasty, washed down with a pint of larger at the next dooor pub:biggrin:

Strangely, the traditional F&C high street shops in UK seem to have disappeared, replaced by Kebabs, Indian Curries and Chinese takeaway.

Btw If I am not mistaken there is a Harry Ramsden that still operates in HK.
I have been there 2 or 3 times. The place serves authentic Fish & Chips, English style and it comes with Malt Vineger. Yum yum!

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

i find it too oily .. leave behind a oily feeling after a meal ... i prefer the fast food version of fish and chips ... got one at toa payoh central ...

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really, then we are covered, the garment get F* everyday here.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

you got herpes with the first fuck
should you stop fucking ?:wink: