• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fathers' Chatgroup Thread

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my observation, kids today are soft and only wants to make easy money. I don't know if it's due to the Western culture influence or what, but many just don't believe in working hard for their money.
Instant noodle fast food generation lah. Cannot compare. I am sure our parents also look at us last time when we were kiddos and say similar things :roflmao:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wise to not let your wife/gf rape you. I was drunk most of them when my wives raped me. Yeah I fucking hate them too.:biggrin:
LIB%20WOMYYNM%20(2).jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instant noodle fast food generation lah. Cannot compare. I am sure our parents also look at us last time when we were kiddos and say similar things :roflmao:
Brother, I was already cycling to school (1 km) since Primary 4. And when in Secondary 2, with the once-a-week Technical class at Tanjong Katong Technical School, I had to cycle 3km for that 1/2 day lesson, sometimes, coming home fully drenched in the rain and then had to rush out again for the afternoon Secondary school class.

Last edited:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my observation, kids today are soft and only wants to make easy money. I don't know if it's due to the Western culture influence or what, but many just don't believe in working hard for their money.
They rather get a $3000 job in aircon environment than a $7000 one under the hot sun.

20220324_al_sda.jpg

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother, I was already cycling to school (1 km) since Primary 4. And when in Secondary 2, with the once-a-week Technical class at Tanjong Katong Technical School, I had to cycle 4km for that 1/2 day lesson, sometimes, coming home fully drenched in the rain and then had to rush out again for the afternoon Secondary school class.
Me walk 1.5km to primary school from primary 2 onwards all the way to Sec.4. My lazy mother decided enough is enough after walking me through Primary 1. :roflmao:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, looking back, I'm contented with what I have achieved for myself today. I am of the opinion that my hardship was worth the while since I can be financially independent at about 45 years old and with some luck with my own investments, I now have a very good and submissive wife, 3 fully paid houses and no debts whatsoever. Cannot be asking for more lah.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me walk 1.5km to primary school from primary 2 onwards all the way to Sec.4. My lazy mother decided enough is enough after walking me through Primary 1. :roflmao:
OMG. for me, from Primary 1 to 3, I was still taking the school bus lah. My siblings were very much luckier than me. They were all chauffeured throughout their school years because at that time, my grandfather (who owned a sawmill) was still around and our family was still quite well off. After his death, there were chaos and power grabbing within the company (as with all Chinese races) amongst the other share holders and everything was split. My father did not get much out from his shares. I'm just the unlucky one at the wrong time.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some instant noodles are also quite nice leh. I just bought a carton of this MAMA Minced Pork Noodles, which I always do, from my recent driving trip to Hatyai (from their MAKRO Hypermarket). 40 x 60g costs only ฿199 (S$7.80). Can be cooked dry or soup style also. Of course, all the garnishings are faked. Altogether, I spent about S$300 on groceries just at their MAKRO and LOTUS (formerly TESCO) Hypermarkets.

Minced Pork Flavour 1.jpg

Minced Pork Flavour 2.jpg

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some instant noodles are also quite nice leh. I just bought a carton of this MAMA Minced Pork Noodles, which I always do, from my recent driving trip to Hatyai (from their MAKRO Hypermarket). 40 x 60g costs only ฿199 (S$7.80). Can be cooked dry or soup style also. Of course, all the garnishings are faked. Altogether, I spent about S$300 on groceries just at their MAKRO and LOTUS (formerly TESCO) Hypermarkets.

View attachment 158493

View attachment 158494
You know why instant noodles is so cheap in Thailand?

It's because under Thai laws, there is a price control on it.

Instant noodles is a staple food for Thais. Last month, instant noodles manufacturers finally beytahan ingredient cost inflation and gang up to ask Thai government for permission to increase prices for instant noodles.

Thai instant noodle makers seek government approval for first price hike in 14 years | Thailand

www.theguardian.com

Five major producers of instant noodles have urged the Thai government to allow them to increase their prices within a week, warning of soaring production costs affecting one of the country’s most popular grocery items.

The war in Ukraine, as well as droughts and floods over the past year, have caused the cost of wheat, energy and transport costs to rise sharply, affecting noodle prices across Asia.

In Thailand - where inflation rate reached 7.61% in July, down slightly on a 14-year high the previous month – the government imposes price controls on certain essential goods in an effort to relieve pressure on consumers. Price caps are placed on items such as eggs, cooking oil as well as noodles – which are favoured by many as a cheap and convenient meal - as well as construction materials.

The manufacturers of Mama, Wai Wai, Yum Yum, Nissin and Suesat instant noodles have warned that the current price cap on their products is unsustainable, however. In a joint letter submitted to the government this week, companies asked for the price to rise from 6 (£0.14) to 8 baht (£0.19). It would be the first increase in the retail price of the noodles since 2008.

Thai Food Products Factory, the manufacturer of Wai Wai has claimed that some products were being sold at a loss, and that it would reduce its sales in Thailand in favour of overseas markets, unless prices were increased. A representative was not immediately availabe for comment on Wednesday.

Manufacturers say their production costs have risen sharply due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which has pushed up the cost of wheat flour and oil.

The government is considering their request, though commerce minister Jurin Laksanawisit told Thai media he believed an increase to 8 baht was too high and that this would place too great a strain on consumers.

A decision would be made by the Department of Internal Trade Department, he added. “I think they are considering all the costs now. If they really need to change the price, it must follow the real [production] cost,” he said. If the production costs subsequently fall, so too should retail prices, he added.

Noodle prices have already risen elsewhere in Asia, including in Japan and South Korea, while estimates have suggested the cost of wheat could rise 30% this year in China.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know why instant noodles is so cheap in Thailand?

It's because under Thai laws, there is a price control on it.

Instant noodles is a staple food for Thais. Last month, instant noodles manufacturers finally beytahan ingredient cost inflation and gang up to ask Thai government for permission to increase prices for instant noodles.

Thai instant noodle makers seek government approval for first price hike in 14 years | Thailand

www.theguardian.com

Five major producers of instant noodles have urged the Thai government to allow them to increase their prices within a week, warning of soaring production costs affecting one of the country’s most popular grocery items.

The war in Ukraine, as well as droughts and floods over the past year, have caused the cost of wheat, energy and transport costs to rise sharply, affecting noodle prices across Asia.

In Thailand - where inflation rate reached 7.61% in July, down slightly on a 14-year high the previous month – the government imposes price controls on certain essential goods in an effort to relieve pressure on consumers. Price caps are placed on items such as eggs, cooking oil as well as noodles – which are favoured by many as a cheap and convenient meal - as well as construction materials.

The manufacturers of Mama, Wai Wai, Yum Yum, Nissin and Suesat instant noodles have warned that the current price cap on their products is unsustainable, however. In a joint letter submitted to the government this week, companies asked for the price to rise from 6 (£0.14) to 8 baht (£0.19). It would be the first increase in the retail price of the noodles since 2008.

Thai Food Products Factory, the manufacturer of Wai Wai has claimed that some products were being sold at a loss, and that it would reduce its sales in Thailand in favour of overseas markets, unless prices were increased. A representative was not immediately availabe for comment on Wednesday.

Manufacturers say their production costs have risen sharply due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which has pushed up the cost of wheat flour and oil.

The government is considering their request, though commerce minister Jurin Laksanawisit told Thai media he believed an increase to 8 baht was too high and that this would place too great a strain on consumers.

A decision would be made by the Department of Internal Trade Department, he added. “I think they are considering all the costs now. If they really need to change the price, it must follow the real [production] cost,” he said. If the production costs subsequently fall, so too should retail prices, he added.

Noodle prices have already risen elsewhere in Asia, including in Japan and South Korea, while estimates have suggested the cost of wheat could rise 30% this year in China.
OMG :eek:, should have bought more. I had also bought their 30 x 60g WAI WAI Palo Duck Flavour Instant Noodles for ฿153 or (S$6.00). Their canned tunas are also cheap: 16 x 185g SAVEPAK PROFESSIONAL Sandwich Tuna In Vegetable Oil for ฿504 or (S$19.76). My wife also bought the 6 x 59g GARNIER Color Naturals (Colour: Caramel Brown #5.32) hair dye + 6 x 59g GARNIER Color Naturals (Colour: Brown #4.0) hair dye for ฿510 or (S$20.00). Both are ammonia free. Of course there's the usual SNAKE Brand Prickly Heat Powder, which are cheaper there, being a Thai product.

There are so many things to see and buy at their MAKRO Hypermarket that even spending 4 hours inside is also not enough. But cannot just purposely go there and buy lah. The Malaysian highway tolls and petrol also cost money. I think this latest trip was already my 4th driving trip there, this time together with my ex-neighbor from KL.

Previously, I could even get instant VAT tax refund at their cashier's counter because we can apply for a 1-day tourist pass to buy at the MAKRO Hypermarket. But now they are smart and don't issue anymore the tourist pass. So, we have to pay just like the locals. At their LOTUS (TESCO) Hypermarket, we can fill a form to claim for VAT refunds, but it is useless as I have tried once before. The Customs at the Thai/Malaysian border said that it is only claimable for foreigners leaving by flights, not by land.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a singaporean man you are already screwed with 2 years NS. Honestly don’t give me bullshit about defending your country. Then singaporean girls have sky high expectations of guys. Your pay difference versus women of paltry difference that does not commensurate. Then non singaporean guy of your age has 2 more years of experience and would be your boss.

Plus foreign competition. Private companies don’t fuck care about your NS.

As a singaporean guy I would advise that don’t stay here. Fuck off and bring your talent elsewhere and blossom there. Don’t marry date and fuck them all. But don’t marry.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of circular discussion is this?

Teach your kids to migrate! Or help pave a way for them to. Do a favour for your kids and your grandkids. Do you really want them to grow up and live in this shithole and let the cycle repeat itself endlessly?

At this point in time, you are derelict as parents if you do not assist your kids in moving out and broadening their horizons.