• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fathers' Chatgroup Thread

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a father, I see young people struggling. They may clock $6000 before 30-years old, but they still struggle to buy a roof or car.

COEs are in excess of $120,000. Tell that the any Southeast Asian or AMDK; they don't really spend more thant $1000 a month on car repayment.

Small-sized AMK HDB BTOs are in $500,000 to $800,000. Million-dollar BTOs are coming soon, so it's justifiable that private condo worth double. If I am Joseph Schooling (and other PRs in Singapore), i will finish NS, then apply BTO with my mother, sell the BTO and leave Singapore, the returns are as good as winning an Olympics Silver or Bronze medal.

If Singaporeans are contended with <$5000 pay, don't even think about raising kids and send them to childcare or enrichment centre. Want to take home $6000-$12000, must work like crazy in private sector unless you sign on SAF, be a teacher or hide in some ministry, stat board and wait for annual pay increment and bonuses,

Other than marrying a rich spouse, I think it is quite painful to live in singapore in future. As a father, I feel that my children should leave Singapore.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's been the same for every generation. Things may have been cheaper when I started out in life but my take home pay after CPF deductions was less than $700. I couldn't even afford to go for a drink after work.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a father, I see young people struggling. They may clock $6000 before 30-years old, but they still struggle to buy a roof or car.

COEs are in excess of $120,000. Tell that the any Southeast Asian or AMDK; they don't really spend more thant $1000 a month on car repayment.

Small-sized AMK HDB BTOs are in $500,000 to $800,000. Million-dollar BTOs are coming soon, so it's justifiable that private condo worth double. If I am Joseph Schooling (and other PRs in Singapore), i will finish NS, then apply BTO with my mother, sell the BTO and leave Singapore, the returns are as good as winning an Olympics Silver or Bronze medal.

If Singaporeans are contended with <$5000 pay, don't even think about raising kids and send them to childcare or enrichment centre. Want to take home $6000-$12000, must work like crazy in private sector unless you sign on SAF, be a teacher or hide in some ministry, stat board and wait for annual pay increment and bonuses,

Other than marrying a rich spouse, I think it is quite painful to live in singapore in future. As a father, I feel that my children should leave Singapore.
Sorry SOS.

Can't contribute much to this thread because I am not a father. The best person to contribute is grandfather @glockman

That humsup tiko man has fathered many kiddos. Now he hates them :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Impart good skill sets and mind sets to your kids, this is worth more than any amount of money you leave for them.

Teach and train them to be able to focus on any task they do and be sure they are able to complete that task properly- even if they fail the first time, make sure they do it right and achieve what they set out to do.

So long as your kids have that pak see buey toh mentality, they will survive.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP does not want poor Sinkies here so please fuck off. They are bringing top talent FTs with high paying jobs who will have no worry about money. Which part of the PAP statement you do not understand ? Retards.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the way, my kids know that i am a regular here. They said, "why do u keep reading the website with a funny man's head???"

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

I have mentioned it a few times previously, that I encourage all youngsters to study, work and live overseas. There is nothing in sg for them. It's just a plastic, glittery, costly, soul-less country, with no character, no compassion. We own nothing here although we pay through our noses. Not our cars, not our homes. They all have an expiry date. We are mere tenants, the pap is our landlord. And we are being phased out with the influx of foreigners. I am too old to move anywhere now, hence I hope the youngsters would heed my advice.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Sorry SOS.

Can't contribute much to this thread because I am not a father. The best person to contribute is grandfather @glockman

That humsup tiko man has fathered many kiddos. Now he hates them :biggrin:
Yeah, I fucking hate all my offspring. But I expect them to respect and love me. You are wise to not let your wife/gf rape you. I was drunk most of them when my wives raped me. Yeah I fucking hate them too.:biggrin:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, I fucking hate all my offspring. But I expect them to respect and love me. You are wise to not let your wife/gf rape you. I was drunk most of them when my wives raped me. Yeah I fucking hate them too.:biggrin:
Fun6.png

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's been the same for every generation. Things may have been cheaper when I started out in life but my take home pay after CPF deductions was less than $700. I couldn't even afford to go for a drink after work.
Boss, I had to cycle 6km (one way) during the first 3 months of my first job just to save some bus fares. I'll take the bus only if it rains. Only after 3 months of probation, am I only given a van by the company to drive home. And I bought my first SEIKO 5 automatic watch for myself (as a reward) when I got my 3rd month's salary.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss, I had to cycle 6km (one way) during the first 3 months of my first job just to save some bus fares. I'll take the bus only if it rains. Only after 3 months of probation, am I only given a van by the company to drive home. And I bought my first SEIKO 5 automatic watch for myself (as a reward) when I got my 3rd month's salary.
I was paid $300 for internship after graduation. When I was made full-time employee, my starting salary for $1450. Save here save there lor. Some how, can make ends meet after CPF deduction, give parents money and date girls at rotiprata teh halia kopitiams :biggrin:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impart good skill sets and mind sets to your kids, this is worth more than any amount of money you leave for them.

Teach and train them to be able to focus on any task they do and be sure they are able to complete that task properly- even if they fail the first time, make sure they do it right and achieve what they set out to do.

INT%20GENNTa.gif

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a Seiko 5 with my first income too.

23336682-rzuzt0tqrnx1wjm1avt1npa0-ExtraLarge.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was paid $300 for internship after graduation. When I was made full-time employee, my starting salary for $1450. Save here save there lor. Some how, can make ends meet after CPF deduction, give parents money and date girls at rotiprata teh halia kopitiams :biggrin:
You were better than me. My first drawn salary was only S$800 as a Polytechnic graduate. After probation, if I remember correctly, it was increased to S$1,000.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

From my observation, kids today are soft and only wants to make easy money. I don't know if it's due to the Western culture influence or what, but many just don't believe in working hard for their money.