• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex Mediacorp actor 陈文聪 dies

RODYK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know someone who is close to him. Few days ago I already heard he may go anytime and we were still talking about this yesterday.

Me too know some one close.took a sudden turn.
side thread abit how r you related mayb i know you

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is he the short, stocky and the fat type ?..:confused:

My retired ex colleague quite tall, 1.8m.. Local Mama in his late 50s.. Not that fat all.. He's not the typical Mama who loves a glass of toddy or beer.. In fact beer stock was aplenty in our ship's galley when we sailed together back then and never once did I saw him touch a can.. Nice chap, non smoker.. Shocking to learnt that he kena breast cancer.. Now he's undergoin chemo but told me that the doctor said the disease could come back and haunt him even after his treatment..

RODYK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just check with your source to see if what I said is true or not. I will confirm again once I get more info.

I am confident.he along not discharge.ok you tell me which hospital he is in then i will know you tcss anot

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RIP...he did not succeed in acting, but he did fairly well back stage as editor...sadly leukaemia is a scary cancer, usually deadly n short time notice before up lorry.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deceased former actor Chen Wencong spent last year doing things he loved
By Yip Wai Yee

Former Mediacorp actor-turned-producer Tan Boon Chong, who died of pneumonia on Dec 5, 2012, aged 42, spent the last year of his life doing "all the things that he enjoyed the most", says his widow.

Tan, better known as Chen Wencong, was diagnosed with leukaemia in October last year. He decided to stop work all together and stay at home. His wife Joelle Han also quit her office administrator job to spend time with him.

Ms Han, 33, says: "Both of us stopped work to spend time together and enjoy each other. Every day, he did what he loves, like reading, and watching variety programmes and dramas on TV.

"He also had many chats with all the people who mattered the most to him, and a lot of visits from his friends and family."

Though he had been free of leukaemia since July, Chen contracted pneumonia about a month ago and was hospitalised immediately. He was in the intensive care unit over the past two weeks.

Chen joined Mediacorp as an actor after emerging as a finalist at the station's talent contest Star Search in 1993. Some of the drama series he acted in included period drama Hero Of The Times (1999) and Wok Of Life (1999).

Later, he turned to scriptwriting and then producing. In recent years, he produced such shows as Food Source and Say It If You Dare.

Chen's wake is being held at Teochew Funeral Parlour, Service Hall 5, at 10 Ubi Road 4, until Sunday. Cremation will be held at Mandai Crematorium Hall 3 at 11am on Sunday. All condolence contributions will be donated to charitable causes in his name.