• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do evolutionists believe in the afterlife?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
"We are semi-eternal atoms."

Does that sum up your belief?

nope.. i dont need people from 3-5 thousands years ago to think for me.

if they say god created the thunder and i will say no.. if they say the whole is flat, i will say no too.

if pap says we dont need opposition, i will definitely say no!

we know alot more than those people back in the dark ages. come on, people, use the f brain to think!

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
We are searching for meaning of life sir. Just like Buddha himself did.
Without it, your life is meaningless bro.

That shows you don't understand Buddhism. Unlike your beloved religion, a Buddhist does not yearn for afterlife so you don't have to prove it.

In fact, the idea is not to have an afterlife at all. Buddhism teaches you to accept life as it is today and not hanker after an afterlife. That is Christianity. Accordingly, it is easier for Buddhism to be in line with scientific principles of today.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
That shows you don't understand Buddhism. Unlike your beloved religion, a Buddhist does not yearn for afterlife so you don't have to prove it.

In fact, the idea is not to have an afterlife at all. Buddhism teaches you to accept life as it is today and not hanker after an afterlife. That is Christianity. Accordingly, it is easier for Buddhism to be in line with scientific principles of today.

not really, i studied the pali canon. there are few suttas i can point out are in direct conflicts with modern days understanding.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not really, i studied the pali canon. there are few suttas i can point out are in direct conflicts with modern days understanding.

One of them is from Digha Nikaya 16:

"This great earth, Ananda, is established upon liquid, the liquid upon the atmosphere, and the atmosphere upon space. And when, Ananda, mighty atmospheric disturbances take place, the liquid is agitated. And with the agitation of the liquid, tremors of the earth arise. This is the first reason, the first cause for the arising of mighty earthquakes.

So far, the only person whose theory comes close to this is Mitch Battros. He proposes this equation:

Sunspots => Solar Flares (charged particles) => Magnetic Field Shift => Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents => Extreme Weather and Human Disruption

An interesting article from sott.net:

Earthquakes and Weird Atmospheric Phenomena: Which Comes First ... The Chicken Or the Egg?