• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do evolutionists believe in the afterlife?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Or do they believe that after death, that is the end of everything?

今世你非来世他,如世因缘如世果
放下执着一念间,愿主早得大智慧

as promised to Forvendet for the English translation:
you wouldn't be the same person even in the future, be it in this life or the next.
seeds sown will always yield fruition when the conditions are right
attachments to the present or being nonchalant is merely a choice in thoughts
may the kind Sir gain profound wisdom in the poem above.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Evolutionists can believe humans come from rocks and rocks came from nothing. Thats the essence of evolution.
Some like drifter even believe he is god. I know that silly but that what he is.

Evolutionists sure can believe in anything one.

B

Baluku

今世你非来世他,如世因缘如世果
放下执着一念间,愿主早得大智慧

you wouldn't be the same person even in the future, be it in this life or the next.

How you know? Have you been there and back?

Why do people who believes in evolution still believes in religion?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
How you know? Have you been there and back?

oh, by simple means of ingestion and digestion as well as excretion, the composite of me yesterday isn't the same as the composite of me today. as of the next life, haven't been through it and to come back to reveal it, the essence of my message was explained in the opening sentence of this reply. and as you were saying?

try planting some seeds and watch them grow, it's better than watching water evaporating me assure you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
how do evolutionist still believes in religion? scientists are very open to any ideas that can best describe our physical world, that's why :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
今世你非来世他,如世因缘如世果
放下执着一念间,愿主早得大智慧

While I agree with your first two lines of the poem, I am not sure about your third line. It seems that you are implying that "you don't know" or "you can't be sure" if there is an afterlife or not.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no empirical proof that consciousness is possible without the material brain. The "afterlife" feels the same as the "beforelife".

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no empirical proof that consciousness is possible without the material brain. The "afterlife" feels the same as the "beforelife".

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

I would like to add that the material brain is also not possible without consciousness. Both of them depend on each other for their existence.

As for you and Mark Twain's belief, it's as old as Early Buddhism.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kryonlight said:
While I agree with your first two lines of the poem, I am not sure about your third line. It seems that you are implying that "you don't know" or "you can't be sure" if there is an afterlife or not.

More like talking about not clinging to permanence for something that is transient.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fook Seng said:
More like talking about not clinging to permanence for something that is transient.

And the sooner you do this, the earlier you attain nirvana. I don't know whether my china can do or not?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i did look through and study the content in the heart sutra, it is a very brief summary of the suttana pikaya. only when one that goes through finish the middle length and long discourses, one will be able to understand what the heart sutra author is trying to summarised.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
佛法有分你我他? :wink::wink::wink:

This is difficult to reply. For me, I don't believe in the Bodhisatta Path. I find it totally ridiculous. You won't find any mention of the Bodhisatta Path in the original Theravada Pali suttas.