• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

difficulty

Jade Rabbit

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's because in spore society, if no money, is a very "cham" thing! you can't compare like that with japan, i bet their society is not as materialistic as spore. they looked down on you if you are weak but in spore, people look down on you if you have no money.

Not to worry in Japan the locals will just look down upon if because you are a foreigner. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During earthquake that time, they say you si kiao kiao liao, hahahhaa

Last edited:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to worry in Japan the locals will just look down upon if because you are a foreigner. :biggrin:

Not true. If you are a foreigner who can speak Japanese well, most will treat you as one of them. My friend who can speak Japanese and worked there made quite some Japanese friends there.

jw5

Loyal
maybe i am vain, i have tried getting out of this kind of thinking and thought i was successful but somehow after talking to friends, for instance, "1st thing they ask me, are you driving here?" i told them i am not. another friend asked me where i stayed, when i mention block...,he maciam sound like sian. these are old friends, friends i regard as brothers, i guess spore society and money really can change a person.

You are too concerned with how people think of you.
Take the advice that I gave you some time back. Talk less and listen more.
If people ask you annoying questions which you don't want to answer, ask them annoying questions back.
If you don't feel like asking or talking, don't even bother to answer the question.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you allow yourself to be too concerned about what others say or think about you, then you will end up behaving and thinking like them.

Be confident of yourself, count your blessings, as long as you still have a fighting chance in life, you are ok.

Life is a journey, there is always opportunites that you can overtake the other person along the path if you set your mind and act on it.

Fall down sure pain, but if you pick yourself up, endure the pain and keep moving forward, you will reach your destination. Even if you fail, you can take pride that you are a fighter.

Lastly, dont be emotionally dependent on others. Think your way out of the problem, who knows, it may not be a problem after all.

Hope it helps.

serious! have you ever been in a situation that you find it difficult to explain to people of your difficulty or predicament? please advise! dun ask me what i am experiencing but just think and tell me what and how did you resolve your this situation? thanks!

Last edited:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's because in spore society, if no money, is a very "cham" thing! you can't compare like that with japan, i bet their society is not as materialistic as spore. they looked down on you if you are weak but in spore, people look down on you if you have no money.

All Chinese societies are like this

Pray that you are born in Europe your next life time

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh! bro, tears for fears sang " people are people so, what do you do?"

serious, when your family members think of you that way, i feel like a bum. That's why i always buy bum underwear and socks...

You are too concerned with how people think of you.
Take the advice that I gave you some time back. Talk less and listen more.
If people ask you annoying questions which you don't want to answer, ask them annoying questions back.
If you don't feel like asking or talking, don't even bother to answer the question.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks,bro! i can feel that you are genuine in your advice...i changed a lot, from a decent engineer till today, when i looked back, i am what the environment made me to be. you take care!!!

If you allow yourself to be too concerned about what others say or think about you, then you will end up behaving and thinking like them.

Be confident of yourself, count your blessings, as long as you still have a fighting chance in life, you are ok.

Life is a journey, there is always opportunites that you can overtake the other person along the path if you set your mind and act on it.

Fall down sure pain, but if you pick yourself up, endure the pain and keep moving forward, you will reach your destination. Even if you fail, you can take pride that you are a fighter.

Lastly, dont be emotionally dependent on others. Think your way out of the problem, who knows, it may not be a problem after all.

Hope it helps.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
serious! have you ever been in a situation that you find it difficult to explain to people of your difficulty or predicament? please advise! dun ask me what i am experiencing but just think and tell me what and how did you resolve your this situation? thanks!

You have a choice in how you want to live, you do not live for others nor do they live for you.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudder, Life is a journey and everyone's journey is different depending on how he wants to walk it. And everyone got his role and purpose in life and the society. There are people around who want you to walk this and that direction, fast and slow. But deep inside, if that is not what you want, you do not force yourself to take it. And most important of all, do not feel inferior or lousy just because of not living the kind of life they suggest or expect from you. All of us breathe air and are prone to sickness and many unforeseen events. All of us, whether those arrogant, successful, rich or poor, will go one day. It's about letting go of mindsets that chain you up as you live everyday. If you let yourself bogged down mentally, you enslaved yourself to more suffering. I'd rather you read a book or do something you like happily. At least every second that passes by is happy and free of mental torture. It is all in the mind, happy or sad, and how we think determines it. There is a good saying that until now I still remember and remind myself, "Death is Certain. Time of Death is uncertain." It will make us want to live happily every minute of the day and dun fret too much about things that have yet to happen or get frustrated about things that have already passed which you can do nothing about it. LEARN TO MEDITATE, IT HELPS TO CLEAR YOUR MIND, SO THAT YOU CAN SEE THINGS MORE CLEARLY AND CALMLY.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
sigh! bro, tears for fears sang " people are people so, what do you do?"

serious, when your family members think of you that way, i feel like a bum. That's why i always buy bum underwear and socks...

It's Depeche Mode who sang that lah, not TFF. :wink:

Sometimes relatives can be the worst people around.
Just do the best you can in your life and carry out your responsibilities.
Don't think too much about what others say or do.
All human beings have arseholes; most human beings are arseholes. :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's Depeche Mode who sang that lah, not TFF. :wink:

Sometimes relatives can be the worst people around.
Just do the best you can in your life and carry out your responsibilities.
Don't think too much about what others say or do.
All human beings have arseholes; most human beings are arseholes. :biggrin:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DTYsElEGswc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wekXi2EcTyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>