• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Difference in BMW 320 and 520

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too many in sg are buying "larger" model cars with engine size of 2000cc or less to pay less road tax but "suped" them up after market with nitro packs, turbo chargers, retuned engines and other power boosters to give them more horsey power, comparable to and often exceeding same models with v6, 2500 to 3000cc engines. only in sg. :rolleyes:

know of a used car shop owner who becomes a millionaire "suping" up used cars and reselling them.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes I owned one about 10 years ago for about a year. My bad luck I guess with a few them continentals which had problems with noise, water leaks and electronics. Bumped into Lexus when buying a present for first wife those days RX was hot item. Tried her car really like it and after that its no return love the GS I got for myself. After moved to Bangkok got me current wife a RX which I use occasionally while I'm waiting for my dream to come true.

i know, you drove a merc right?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too many in sg are buying "larger" model cars with engine size of 2000cc or less to pay less road tax but "suped" them up after market with nitro packs, turbo chargers, retuned engines and other power boosters to give them more horsey power, comparable to and often exceeding same models with v6, 2500 to 3000cc engines. only in sg. :rolleyes:

know of a used car shop owner who becomes a millionaire "suping" up used cars and reselling them.

i think that was the past, now more and more v6 on the road. if can afford a S$250k car, what is a few thousand road tax? now also can see those big 5L supercharged v8 range rover on the road.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
now also can see those big 5L supercharged v8 range rover on the road.

It just proves how many idiots there are in the country. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eliable-car-71-cent-years-old-break-year.html

Land Rover revealed as the UK's least reliable car, as 71 per cent over three years-old break down at least once a year

By RAY MASSEY

PUBLISHED: 19:40 EST, 25 July 2012 | UPDATED: 12:50 EST, 26 July 2012

It has an image of hard-wearing toughness.
But Britain’s Land Rover is the least reliable car on the road, according to a study of used vehicles. Land Rover’s luxury-car stable-mate Jaguar also scores badly. By contrast, Honda has been named the most reliable make for the seventh year in a row.

HOW THE CARS RANKED

BOTTOM 12

Rank Make Failure Rate Average cost per repair

36 Land Rover 71% £419
35 Alfa Romeo 55% £364
33= Jeep 52% £433
33= Renault 52% £262
31= Chrysler 50% £412
31= Saab 50% £320
30 MG 48% £409
29 Mercedes-Benz 45% £474
27= Jaguar 43% £427
27= Rover 43% £382
26 Audi 42% £470
25 BMW 41% £420

Top 12

Rank Make Failure Rate Average cost per repair

1 Honda 10% £360
2 Toyota 17% £384
3 Lexus 18% £433
4 Suzuki 19% £265
5 Subaru 20% £337
6= Hyundai 21% £325
6= Mazda 21% £435
6= Mitsubishi 21% £424
9 Chevrolet 22% £227
10 Nissan 25% £379
11 Kia 26% £359
12= Ford 31% £275
12= Skoda 31% £310

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
get a toyota land cruiser. high road tax means very high depreciation and therefore should be cheap in the socnd hand market. Will definitely impress your boss and many girls out there. can even see girls legs and down blouse from driving position.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
you mean you cant park your luxury car in front of your door if you live in an apartment. What are elevators for then?

How is it a status symbol unless you have landed property and a car porch? If you live in an apartment nobody knows what sort of car you own.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you mean you cant park your luxury car in front of your door if you live in an apartment. What are elevators for then?
in sinkieland only if your address is Hamilton Scotts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oCt7A6SwWlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No idea bro. Wouldn't QC ensure the cars are ok?

Just spoke to a parallel importer on Sunday displaying his cars in Central Chaeng Wattana. Incidentally he works in BMW factory before and told me the immediately thing one noticed between made in Germany and Thailand BMWs will be the interior dashboard material (he meant comparing same model) the material used in Thai plants are harder and "plasticky" while the one from Germany is soft to the touch and more luxurious. Also the glass and sensors are different and of higher quality from Germany whilst these could also be sourced within Thailand as there are many parts supplier here to support the big auto industry here. He was trained in Germany before and maintains that their QC here is as good as in Germany which is why the Germans could trust the Thai plant to produce their 7 series here, problem is material.

kiacaren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone willing to pay extra money for a shonky product just for the sake of "image" has to be an idiot of the highest order.

New korean cars give good value. Generally cheaper than Japanese car and they have caught up with the Japanese cars in many aspects and refinements.

kiacaren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just spoke to a parallel importer .....

Avoid parallel importers. That few thousand $ savings may not be worth the while.

There are lots of dispute (some when bust; some failed to live up to commitments etc) and lack of support (especially warranty cover) when dealing with parallel importers.

Then again, buying cars has alot to do with luck. Just pray don't get a lemon.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Avoid parallel importers. That few thousand $ savings may not be worth the while.

There are lots of dispute (some when bust; some failed to live up to commitments etc) and lack of support (especially warranty cover) when dealing with parallel importers.

Then again, buying cars has alot to do with luck. Just pray don't get a lemon.

Thanks for the information. Naaa I was just trying to answer GD about locally made and German made BMWs. the reason I spoke to that parallel importer was because he was showing a red hot Toyota 86, really hot car. Selling 2.4mil baht S$100k.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just spoke to a parallel importer on Sunday displaying his cars in Central Chaeng Wattana. Incidentally he works in BMW factory before and told me the immediately thing one noticed between made in Germany and Thailand BMWs will be the interior dashboard material (he meant comparing same model) the material used in Thai plants are harder and "plasticky" while the one from Germany is soft to the touch and more luxurious. Also the glass and sensors are different and of higher quality from Germany whilst these could also be sourced within Thailand as there are many parts supplier here to support the big auto industry here. He was trained in Germany before and maintains that their QC here is as good as in Germany which is why the Germans could trust the Thai plant to produce their 7 series here, problem is material.

Noted with thanks.