• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Dbs down

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ideally things are supposed to work this way but it doesn't for this time.
Also no idea why the Equinix monitoring team fail to perform their expected job.
Maybe it was a sat and everyone let their guard down.
yes fired them...ALLLLL

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I was affiliated with dbs last time, I can briefly describe the setups and how the jlb organisation functions.

The hq at changi point named as dbs Asia hub. That's where all the jlbs are housed.
The office comprises of all the depts and T&I aka technical & infrastructure being at the upper level.
Due to 1 major incident several years back in 2010, a Asia hub monitoring team was setup.

Dbs doesn't have technical knowledge on their own I.e they are fully dependent on their outsourcing partner and the main one being IBM. They cannot move away from IBM becos of the legacy IBM Mainframe which is the heart of the ATMs.

Dbs used to have many direct hired low level ground staff in the past. All of them are pa si Bay chow kind of employees which also means all are sinkie old farts. Even they are low level staff eg operators , their salary is high becos of the length of service. They draw an average of above 5k for people without much education is considered alot. All these old farts are born without a full brain and can only work in a routine job like a robot.
But into the 2015 period or so, dbs decided to outsource all their low level staffs. So all these old farts are forced to accept a salary far below their last drawn pay.
The agency that will take them is the same agency that IBM outsourced to for all their staffs. It is a ah neh agency located at the east side of sg, kaki bukit.

IBM itself also doesn't have much technical specialities as they also outsourced all the technical task to ah nehs.
IBM only has mgt staffs that are direct hire eg sales, service delivery managers , proj mgrs etc.

Why we are seeing dbs going down the drain is becos of this outsourcing.
Becos we only have technical people from agencies (which means lower liabilities) and the direct hired jlbs that know nuts about what is happening besides opening their cb mouths.

I already forsee this decades ago when more and more outsourcing started to roll out with the high level dbs sinkie old farts contributing nothing to the organisation, and worse is that they think they are very important staff.
Reference to.gansiokbin @ginfreely she was also like this in sfc.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I was affiliated with dbs last time, I can briefly describe the setups and how the jlb organisation functions.

The hq at changi point named as dbs Asia hub. That's where all the jlbs are housed.
The office comprises of all the depts and T&I aka technical & infrastructure being at the upper level.
Due to 1 major incident several years back in 2010, a Asia hub monitoring team was setup.

Dbs doesn't have technical knowledge on their own I.e they are fully dependent on their outsourcing partner and the main one being IBM. They cannot move away from IBM becos of the legacy IBM Mainframe which is the heart of the ATMs.

Dbs used to have many direct hired low level ground staff in the past. All of them are pa si Bay chow kind of employees which also means all are sinkie old farts. Even they are low level staff eg operators , their salary is high becos of the length of service. They draw an average of above 5k for people without much education is considered alot. All these old farts are born without a full brain and can only work in a routine job like a robot.
But into the 2015 period or so, dbs decided to outsource all their low level staffs. So all these old farts are forced to accept a salary far below their last drawn pay.
The agency that will take them is the same agency that IBM outsourced to for all their staffs. It is a ah neh agency located at the east side of sg, kaki bukit.

IBM itself also doesn't have much technical specialities as they also outsourced all the technical task to ah nehs.
IBM only has mgt staffs that are direct hire eg sales, service delivery managers , proj mgrs etc.

Becos we only have technical people from agencies (which means lower liabilities) and the direct hired jlbs that know nuts about what is happening besides opening their cb mouths.

I already forsee this decades ago when more and more outsourcing started to roll out with the high level dbs sinkie old farts contributing nothing to the organisation, and worse is that they think they are very important staff.
Data and backups.
This is the part many users are concerned. Will they ever lose their bank savings be it bombing, fire or others ?
They have pri and sec DCs at dc West and East.
When this 2 sites malfunction, they will kick in from the overseas data replications and/or DLT tapes backup copies which are stored locally in a security company.
Local DCs and dlt backup copies locations are make known to staffs but replication to overseas is secret.
So the answer is No, you will never lose your savings.
However I believe restoration from replications will take a long long time.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Data and backups.
This is the part many users are concerned. Will they ever lose their bank savings be it bombing, fire or others ?
When this 2 sites malfunction, they will kick in from the overseas data replications and/or DLT tapes backup copies which are stored locally in a security company.
Local DCs and dlt backup copies locations are make known to staffs but replication to overseas is secret.
Oracle remains the gold standard for point in time online backups . Using rman to recover loss data by applying all the archive redo logs.
With Split mirror copies for replication.
I'm not sure if bank were to loss their pri and sec DC ,together with the dlt tapes, will they be able to still restore 100% of customer's savings from replications. On paper of course it will work but actual one hard to say.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further updates.
Pending full investigation of equinix staffs on duty sleeping.
Should be termination.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

like to read your old stories.hope to hear some more.:biggrin:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further updates.
Pending full investigation of equinix staffs on duty sleeping.
Should be termination.
termination is cheap for worker.they will just look for another $2.6k job again and sleep.but the DBS and Equinix will have to bear the heavy loss and penalties

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Data and backups.
my friend said he make a transaction of $10 on sat around 3 plus. he said transaction get through, but nothing was deducted on his account even on Tuesday today

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend said he make a transaction of $10 on sat around 3 plus. he said transaction get through, but nothing was deducted on his account even on Tuesday today
Wah got such thing :eek:
What happened if it was thousands kind of shopping transaction?
Means db2 recovery has some unfinished job to be done . Have to wait longer to determine if really can have glitch .:o-o:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
termination is cheap for worker.they will just look for another $2.6k job again and sleep.but the DBS and Equinix will have to bear the heavy loss and penalties
But the problem is they will leave a bad record and this line of work is small so other potential interviews might pose a problem or even pass interview very fast people will spread news about them.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
like to read your old stories.hope to hear some more.:biggrin:
LOL.
Indeed I got more stories to share about my affiliation with dbs :geek:

Long ago I used to work in another bank and was under 1 sg guy. He was a high flyer. It was a honour for me to work and learn under him and grew together. But sadly after some years he was posted for some other roles and I was made to report to a ah neh from india. I couldn't get along with neh and the final straw came when I fark neh upside down for farking me.
I then left the bank without landing another job first, even i was earning a very decent salary .
After that I went on to try out many other jobs including taxi driving and many other odd jobs.

Years later I decided to return to the IT industry , and that's when I got affiliated with dbs, but as a low level staff .
There was this cb auntie svp that always like to tekan people, and I just endure it since I have matured and will not behave like last time.
Then funny things happened.
My ex reporting mgr from that bank was newly hired by dbs for a very high post. I didn't asked him about his post as I was just a contractor, and our gap was too wide to talk about such matter. I only knew he was the king of T&I , It could be that based in Asia hub T&I itself, he was holding the highest position.

When the cb auntie brought him down to my side for orientation, he saw me and still remembered me . He talked to me like old time friends and told the cb auntie that I was once in his team. From then onwards the cb auntie 领眼相看 me and the attitude twisted fully, became very friendly everyday until i felt awkward :roflmao:
In fact not only that auntie, all the other jlb vps are scared of him as he was a very stern and no nonsense person. They all came to me for advice on how to por lumpar him :roflmao:
Eventually I found a better offer and left that jlb place. :roflmao:
All these happened long ago and I believe all those staffs I mentioned no longer working there or some should have retired.:geek: