• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are resorting to obfuscation,aren't you?The figures you cite actually points to Malays decline percentage wise between 1970 to 2010.

Any way this is a non sequitur.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sam,We dont need more perspective or big pictures. As long as you agree Singapore is crumbling, then the TS is right. We dont fxxk care where else is.

Thanks ...wise words...that's what matters..

I love Singapore...if SG is crumbling, that's my worry, hence this thread and postings.

I dont care if it is better than NZ or Australia. That's not relevant if SG is gg to crumble in the future

That's what I have been trying to tell Sam..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He is too well entrenched here and he reeks of arrogance. bringing him down to earth is doing him a favour

I'm probably more down to earth than most here. That's why I'm optimistic that Singapore has a lot going for it while most in this thread seem to be full of bitterness and resentment over the way they perceive the govt has treated them.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best measure of a govt is its performance/price ratio. Given that this govt is the most cockiest and highest paid one in the world, the standard for measuring crumblingness must be many many notches higher.
Singapore is thriving. It has to fight very hard to keep things going but there is definitely reason for optimism over the medium term.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That's not relevant if SG is gg to crumble in the future

That's what I have been trying to tell Sam..

As long as the current PAP team is in power, Singapore won't crumble in the medium term unless external factors cause a major upheaval. Be thankful that you have a very good govt despite the hiccups and the warts.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The best measure of a govt is its performance/price ratio. Given that this govt is the most cockiest and highest paid one in the world, the standard for measuring crumblingness must be many many notches higher.

There was an earlier post where I covered this issue. Singaporeans are definitely getting value for money.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Kiwi stds, the SMRT debacle inter alia may be just a hiccup or wart to you; but to us, we have to hold them to perfection, so a wart is as bad as a chasm in Singapore!
As long as the current PAP team is in power, Singapore won't crumble in the medium term unless external factors cause a major upheaval. Be thankful that you have a very good govt despite the hiccups and the warts.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore isn't cancerous. Militant Islam is cancerous but unlike cancer, it can be neutralised as long as the threat is recognised early. Thankfully, the PAP has done just that.

I'm not patriotic. I have no love for Singapore. I fulfilled my obligations to the hilt while I was living there and I've sinced moved on.... twice to be exact.

The forummers here on the other hand is patriotic and love S'pore. And that's why they are posting so impassionedly about the slippery road the PAP is leading S'pore down. And that's why they are highlighting thr PAP mistakes in the hope that more S'poreans could see the light and continue to give the PAP their mandate blindly. Oh! just in case u are confused over the two, being patriotic and loving S'pore is not the same as pledging allegiance to the PAP. The PAP would love to have that confused, so being against them means being against S'pore. It's on the contrary if u still don't follow - if u are patriotic and love S'pore, we have to do something to stop the PAP from causing more sufferings.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
freedalas said:
A very good analogy that provides forummers a good appreciation of the actual situation in S'pore. Just to add, it is not that the PAP do not know quite a number of S'poreans had fell off the threadmill. Many of the MPS during their Meet The People session would have known that and to be fair to them, I believe that some, if they had their way, would want to arender first aid. But the whole problem is that the Old Man would never want to hear of it. To him, a single strip of band-aid is equivalent to opening up the floodgates of welfarism already. He of course takes such a view because that means spending from the reserves. He would have none of that as he's absolutely posses with the accumulation of reserves.
I don't think you even need to dip into the reserves to render a little help to those who fall off the treadmill. That money is there, collected through taxes, GST, ERPs etc but used to buy votes in form Economic Growth packages. Everyone gets it whether he asks for it or not. Some people don't even know what to do with the money.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think you even need to dip into the reserves to render a little help to those who fall off the treadmill. That money is there, collected through taxes, GST, ERPs etc but used to buy votes in form Economic Growth packages. Everyone gets it whether he asks for it or not. Some people don't even know what to do with the money.

I know what you mean and I agree. But unfortunately the Old Man doesn't see it this way. To him, spending from taxes collection is equivalent to spending the reserves as it would be lesser contributions from taxes collection to the reserves. That's how obsessed he is with the reserves. In fact, some said it's not obsessed but that the Old Man is possesed by demon of reserves.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I don't think you even need to dip into the reserves to render a little help to those who fall off the treadmill. That money is there,

I disagree. Welfare is a slippery slope from which there is no return. While the intentions of welfare are noble, all it does to a nation in the long term is destroy the work ethic.

The money may be there but to dish it out willy-nilly to those who have fallen off the treadmill will leave those who are running very fast in order to stay ahead to ask themselves "Why should I bother?" I'll just fall off too and I'll be taken care of.". Before you know it, a considerable proportion of of the population will have gone soft.

Abuse of the system is also impossible to prevent no matter what sort of measures are put in place so you'll end up with healthy hardworking and capable individuals supporting healthy, capable and lazy individuals.

Care for the weakest in society is best left to NGOs. Concerned citizens with the resources to help can then work through these organisations to target assistance where it is needed most.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely with you on this.