• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chicken Rice Battle

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore now has the 4 Heavenly Kings of Chicken Rice.

Just to enlighten bros who do not know the results yet, they are namely (in no particular order)
1) Five Star
2) Loy Kee
3) Boon Tong Kee
4) Chatterbox (Meritus Mandarin Hotel)

Now I personally have some disagreement with the "Heavenly Kings".

:wink:

1) Five Star 6/10
2) Loy Kee 6/10
3) Boon Tong Kee 6.5/10
4) Chatterbox 6.8/10

My ranking is based on Chicken and Chilli and not the rice. Because I don't take rice, so I can't rank.
The one that I find nice is located opposite Golden Mile Complex, the Beach Road Hawker centre at the basement, there is a Chicken Rice Stall facing GMC

The Chicken is soft, tender and chopped to big pieces. Chilli shiok. So far I rank this 7.5-8/10 at least. The stall appeared in City beat years back, knew the Uncle too. The rice I no rank, because I don't take rice. One thing some may not like is because in terms of presentation, it may not be as swee as Loy kee or Boon Tong Kee. But the taste of the white chicken is better than them definitely

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
petalingstchickenrice-aa10b267aa.jpg

Shiok..................

Bangster

Alfrescian
Loyal
One part of the chicken I will try to avoid when I'm out eating, is the wing.

It's a troublesome limb, frigging how many bones in there puny piece of meat? Not worthed my money and time.

I do not ask for the wings when I'm ordering chicken rice, or when I'm in KFC.

The only chicken wings I eat when I'm out, are those BBQ or Western Food deep fried ones.

Kiasu singaporean...bo bian...
Ai pee, ai chee, ko ai dua liap nee

babysitter

Alfrescian
Loyal
my personal all time favourite is at golden mile market basement... although a increase in pricing, its very worth it...!!!:smile:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote:"1. Best Chicken Rice is Sin Kee but currently under renovation. Anyone knows where they are selling now.

2. Next best is Sin Kee at Margaret Drive.

Question: Is (1) and (2) related since the name of the both the stall is the same ?

Bro, anor bro had posted their location i.e. Mei Chin Rd hawker ctr. This is the authentic torch bearer (blood ties)from the pioneering good old days at Smith Street.
The 1 at Mar Dr is however the more popular 1. Adam Cheng & the late Lydia Sum's fav haunt when they were in town.(formed by ex-stall assts).
Heard that pioneer of Sin Kee was also co-founder of Heng Kee (Chinatown) then went their separate ways!

Sin Kee @ Mar Dr is my all-time fav. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Personally, I like Big Bird for the chilli and the rice, which are different and better tasting than most outlets.
But it's very expensive.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best 'chicken' rice is found in Geylang! :biggrin:

Preferably on Fri & Sat nights, you will find the nicest 'chicken'.....:biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like chatter box, because it has good view from the top.
the meal is high in calories and chicken taste good.
the place is very clean, air con and smell neutral.
i can eat with tourist and foreigner instead of sinkies in hawker centre.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys better change your diet. Chicken rice nowadays are full of msg and margarine. Margarine contains transfat and chicken rice greatly exceed your daily intake of this heart clogging fat.

The chicken itself is cooked with chemicals known only to the Chicken rice seller. You can get a wisp of it when they are about the throw the the necks and unwanted parts into the dustbin at the end of the day. Some of you will puke at the smell.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys better change your diet. Chicken rice nowadays are full of msg and margarine. Margarine contains transfat and chicken rice greatly exceed your daily intake of this heart clogging fat.

The chicken itself is cooked with chemicals known only to the Chicken rice seller. You can get a wisp of it when they are about the throw the the necks and unwanted parts into the dustbin at the end of the day. Some of you will puke at the smell.

Talking about chicken rice, am I rite to observe only S'pore (or maybe M'sia?) has the type of white chicken that we serve? Soft tender fat and fair chicken?

Anywhere else it's hard skinned, tough, skinny and yellow chicken.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

true true , basically we are all eating ourselves to death.

better than eternal life in heavan, no food, still can exist in heavan.

life is short, dun overeat, but eat to enjoy. i enjoy chatterbox chicken rice.

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
My vote goes to Tian Tian Chicken Rice.... hav it for lunch plus the chicken feet.... yum yum!!! but i tink the most impt ingredient for tian tian is the chilli!! :biggrin: