• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bullshit of the year: 3 finance bros quit banking jobs to carry on father's Nam Kee Chicken Rice legacy in Upper Thomson

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issues are which banks they were working?
They really earn $10k a month? Or just bs?
earning $10k a month is very little. my sexpenses are at least $16.9k a month. just $3.69k a month go into property taxes. in sg equivalent properties only cost $3.69k in tax per year. sg and pap da best!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
United Square formerly known as Goldhill Square was developed by William Ngoei of Goldhill Development Pte Ltd was foreclosed by Cho Yaw over a SGD20m loan in the early 90's.

Poor Bill Ngoei, father of Glen Ngoei was so devastated he died in 2012 a broken-hearted man. United Square is currently owned by UOL.

This well known banker who was very close to LKY is known to be an extremely ruthless character.
The Goeis got other assets lah. They branch into Australia and Malaysia too. Bought a lot of properties in Brisbane. Their own principal residence with the multi-story carpark alone is worth $20 mil plus back in those times. If they could have hold on to Goldhill Sq, they will be richer, but not too shabby now. I know 2 of the 7 kids.

Wee Cho Yaw and and Old Fart were best buddies and golfing buddies. When Wee Cho Yaw was feuding with Alan Ng, he went to Old Fart and ask him to fix Alan. So, Alan got fixed bad under some trumped up insider trader shit. All this crap would have been illegal in many countries.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Goeis got other assets lah. They branch into Australia and Malaysia too. Bought a lot of properties in Brisbane. Their own principal residence with the multi-story carpark alone is worth $20 mil plus back in those times. If they could have hold on to Goldhill Sq, they will be richer, but not too shabby now. I know 2 of the 7 kids.

Wee Cho Yaw and and Old Fart were best buddies and golfing buddies. When Wee Cho Yaw was feuding with Alan Ng, he went to Old Fart and ask him to fix Alan. So, Alan got fixed bad under some trumped up insider trader shit. All this crap would have been illegal in many countries.
https://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/lky19880127.pdf

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Long runners izzit.. what 'banking jobs'..which bank will employ such Ah Beng with whole arm tatoos...LOL...sia suay...

this-job-3.png

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Long runners izzit.. what 'banking jobs'..which bank will employ such Ah Beng with whole arm tatoos...LOL...sia suay...

this-job-3.png
These 3 smart looking bankers all working in the same bank eh? Must be top notch talents. Haha… don’t let their appearances fool you. They could be graduates from Ivy League unis.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol their bosses sound like ah bengs themselves. Anyway most proper banks don’t just allow siblings (let alone two of them) to join so easily. I’m curious which bank will hire 3 brothers to work in the same bank, same dept and same job function.

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/dining/nam-kee-chicken-rice-restaurant-singapore-347616

When the Chew siblings told their superiors at the bank that they were leaving to sell chicken rice, the latter thought it was a joke.

“My big bosses actually got angry,” said 32-year-old Dave Chew. He had earlier roped his elder and younger brothers, Lincoln and Ken, into the same bank, where they became top performers in the same department and reported to the same people.

“They said, just tell me which competitor is poaching you. You don't have to tell me stupid things like you're going to sell chicken rice."

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When UOB foreclosed Bill's Goldhill Sq, he became very disheartened and he made a terrible & reckless mistake by selling Goldhill Plaza for only $21m to an Indonesian investor. His investments in Brisbane & Malaysia are small compared to Goldhill Plaza & Square. His palatial bungalow at Cornwall Gardens also sold for a song and before he died, he moved to an apartment at Claymore Plaza.

If Bill did not lose his Square & Plaza, he would be a billionaire today.

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is more like a gangster under his business suit.
..care to elaborate ?

How did he acquire GoldHill Square,.. and almost gobbled Tangs ?

Understand he hardly had much FOrmal Education, but was Brilliant in EQ

Would be interesting to know more about his Real Tactics,

Thanks

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wee Cho Yaw doesn't play golf..... until 2 or 3 years ago he was still playing tennis and he is a damn good tennis player.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wee Cho Yaw doesn't play golf..... until 2 or 3 years ago he was still playing tennis and he is a damn good tennis player.
Hmm.... really? I think your information is wrong.

Biography

Discovering Wee Cho Yaw’s Life​

Overview​

Wee Cho Yaw is a Singaporean billionaire and the chairman of United Overseas Bank (UOB), one of the largest banks in Southeast Asia. He is known for expanding UOB’s presence beyond Singapore and into other countries in the region. Wee is also involved in various philanthropic activities and has made significant contributions to education and healthcare in Singapore.

Early Life and Education​

Wee was born on January 10, 1929, in Quanzhou, China, and moved to Singapore with his family at the age of seven. He attended Raffles Institution in Singapore and later studied at the University of Malaya before transferring to the University of Singapore, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics in 1953.

Career and Achievements​

After graduating, Wee joined UOB, which was then a small bank founded by his father. He started off as a clerk and worked his way up to become the bank’s managing director in 1974. Under his leadership, UOB expanded its operations beyond Singapore and into other countries in the region, including Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, and China.
In 1995, Wee became the chairman of UOB and has since overseen the bank’s growth and expansion. UOB now has a presence in 19 countries and is one of the largest banks in Southeast Asia, with over 500 branches and offices.
Wee is also involved in various other businesses, including property development and hotel management. He is the chairman of United Industrial Corporation and owns several hotels in Singapore, including the iconic Fullerton Hotel.
In addition to his business achievements, Wee has also made significant contributions to the community. He has donated millions of dollars to various causes, including education and healthcare. He was awarded the Order of Nila Utama, Singapore’s second-highest civilian honor, in 2010 for his philanthropic work.

Personal Life​

Wee is married with six children and is known for being a private person. He is a collector of Chinese art and has donated much of his collection to the National Art Gallery of Singapore. He is also an avid golfer and has been known to play with other business and political leaders.

Profile​

NameWee Cho Yaw
BornJanuary 10, 1929
CountrySingapore
SectorBanking
CompaniesUnited Overseas Bank, United Industrial Corporation
Net Worth$5.5 billion
Forbes URLhttps://www.forbes.com/profile/wee-cho-yaw/

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
..care to elaborate ?

How did he acquire GoldHill Square,.. and almost gobbled Tangs ?

Understand he hardly had much FOrmal Education, but was Brilliant in EQ

Would be interesting to know more about his Real Tactics,

Thanks
His business tactics and his gangsterism are 2 separate things lah. I only know about the gangster part.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just realise a low frequency behavior in this thread. There are actually pple who are jealous of others earning 10k or more per month in a job. No wonder u r vaccinated.

If u feel that ur pay and their pay is a huge gap which urs is low, then take on a mission of daily self improvement will be healthier than feeling jealous of others.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just realise a low frequency behavior in this thread. There are actually pple who are jealous of others earning 10k or more per month in a job. No wonder u r vaccinated.

If u feel that ur pay and their pay is a huge gap which urs is low, then take on a mission of daily self improvement will be healthier than feeling jealous of others.
Your statement is damn funny. I easily earn more than $10k a month, but I find that the statement that some low level manager can easily earn $10k in banking as laughable. Being jealous is one thing, but enlightened is quite another thing.

And please la, if u know banking you know it’s a big compliance issue if u recommend two of your brothers to work in the same department in the same function as u in the same bank. Good luck clearing the legal team and compliance with your brotherly love shit. Haha

So these 3 clowns, I highly doubt they work in a legit bank function. Unless…. They are working as some lowly credit card sales chumps who can easily hit $10k as with most sales commission jobs.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your statement is damn funny. I easily earn more than $10k a month, but I find that the statement that some low level manager can easily earn $10k in banking as laughable. Being jealous is one thing, but enlightened is quite another thing.
i am wondering why you think that i am referring to you. The post i made in a thread is not always solely referring to the person who started the thread.

How much you earn is non of my business, i don't want to know and i totally do not care. i also do not care if you think if the income of another person is laughable or not.

I sense the energy of jealousy in this thread so i make a post about it.