• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chelsea Supporters Come In Here !!!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I see it, Mourinho's comments and pitchside antics drew attention away from the players. It's the same kind of psychological warfare that Sir Alex brought to the league.

If he's such an asshole of a person, why do all his ex-players have nothing but good things to say about him? And I'm talking about ex-players from Porto like Maniche and Deco .....

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I see it, Mourinho's comments and pitchside antics drew attention away from the players. It's the same kind of psychological warfare that Sir Alex brought to the league.

If he's such an asshole of a person, why do all his ex-players have nothing but good things to say about him? And I'm talking about ex-players from Porto like Maniche and Deco .....

Yes, but his antics and comments were also played out on the pitch by his players.

He may be a good man manager but his tactics are suitable only for the Italian League which is all about waiting for a chance to score. The next manager I hope to see banished to the Italian league will be Benitez.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note that player dissent cases only happened after JM left in 2007.

Porfirio also sited the Frisk case from 2005. But it was not the players who misbehaved. And the alledged "death threats" were never proven.

That blond referee has always been a well known attention whore in his country and playing the victim was just a convenient excuse to retire and write a book.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only Dropdog...also Robben...and intimadatory tactics on the ref...invariably Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Ballack,Eissien,Cole...you know Chelsea have a good strong squad of players regardless of the manager...but what i cannnot stand about them is their sore loser behaviour and aggressive intimadatory bully tactics when ref decisions do nto go their way
Dogba was already a well known diver during JM time. There was even a commercial of his antics.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think their sore loser problem becomes critical when they start fights with deejays who don't play Phil Collins songs

Meanwhile, Blue is Beautiful

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Guan...no need to reply to that troll

People are just jealous of our success :smile:

I find it delirious people put the blame on the very person that has been the biggest positive influence for the club. King Roman can hire and fire anyone he wants in my opinion

JWNY

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only Dropdog...also Robben...and intimadatory tactics on the ref...invariably Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Ballack,Eissien,Cole...you know Chelsea have a good strong squad of players regardless of the manager...but what i cannnot stand about them is their sore loser behaviour and aggressive intimadatory bully tactics when ref decisions do nto go their way

It breaks the team rhythm. Man Utd during Paul Ince period were also similar until the manager clam down on such behavior and you see can clearly see the transformation of the team and that they could concentrate till the end.

In summary, I pay to watch good football on the pitch not the manager performing on the sideline.

Last edited:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
any Blues fans organising to watch the FA Cup Final against Everton next week ?

bro JWNY,a true blue fan,where are you ?
bro KingEros over at sbf is asking about it.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think some ManU players still perform such antics as well at times...scholes, neville,rooney, ronaldo, rio...
It breaks the team rhythm. Man Utd during Paul Ince period were also similar until the manager clam down on such behavior and you see can clearly see the transformation of the team and that they could concentrate till the end.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to salute Guus Hiddink for been the perfect professional in football. He has come to Chelsea, done a great job and will have to give it up due of his existing obligation. Truely our loss we can't keep him.

Yesterday, he told the press he will not be announcing what the next Chelsea manager should do to improve the club out of respect for his successor.

A true gentlemen of football. Hope he manages club level football again one day.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
An open and good FA Cup Final against Everton.
Both team playing attracting football unless all previous finals.

Half-Time:
Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Saha gave Everton a surprise lead in the open 30 seconds.
But Chelsea never panic,they awaked and play their usual football and equalised thru Drogba,deservingly.

Final Result:
Chelsea 2-1 Everton
Drogba,Lampard for Chelsea and Saha for Everton

A good farewell gift to Hiddink,he is a good manager.

Congratulation to All Cheslea fans here and also to Evertonians for playing an open match.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
We thank you, Golden Guus!

090518_p20_chelsea.jpg

Hiddink has readily accepted a post as Chelsea's new Technical Adviser and calls for stability at the club.

Ancelotti parts ways with AC Milan after 8 years. Is he bound for Stamford Brigde?

jw5

Loyal
I have to salute Guus Hiddink for been the perfect professional in football. He has come to Chelsea, done a great job and will have to give it up due of his existing obligation. Truely our loss we can't keep him.

Yesterday, he told the press he will not be announcing what the next Chelsea manager should do to improve the club out of respect for his successor.

A true gentlemen of football. Hope he manages club level football again one day.
Good report on him that I read in the newspapers.
Apparently, he made an effort to know the players on a personal level, but he would also not hesitate to shout at them when they made mistakes on the field, thereby making it very clear the distinction between work and personal lives.
Not only a sound football tactician but also a great man manager.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good report on him that I read in the newspapers.
Apparently, he made an effort to know the players on a personal level, but he would also not hesitate to shout at them when they made mistakes on the field, thereby making it very clear the distinction between work and personal lives.
Not only a sound football tactician but also a great man manager.

Here's a interview he just gave. Note the highlighted part at the end which reveals some of the great man's insights....

HIDDINK: MONEY WAS NOT A FACTOR
By Simon Stone, PA Sport Chief Football Writer

Guus Hiddink insists his brief spell as manager of Chelsea was never about money.
The veteran Dutchman ended a three-and-a-half-month stint at Stamford Bridge as an FA Cup winner yesterday and will now return to his full-time job attempting to steer Russia into the 2010 World Cup Finals.
It leaves Roman Abramovich looking for a fifth manager in two years following the departures of Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant and the hapless Luis Felipe Scolari.
History might eventually regard Hiddink as little more than a footnote in Stamford Bridge folklore.
But, having stabilised a club in free fall when Scolari's ill-fated tenure was brought to an end in February, Hiddink confirmed the club has been more than just an exciting dalliance.
"Chelsea is in my heart," he said.
"In all works of life, people come in for a short period and then go. Those left behind had no idea who they were or what they did. It hasn't been like that for me.
"The players responded to my way of working from virtually the very first day. We developed a strong relationship. That is why I feel a lot for this club.
"It is not just about where the money was. I can honestly say I never thought of it. That just would not work.
"There had to be the foundation of a real club."
Hiddink has provided Abramovich with a detailed plan of the way forward, which will almost certainly revolve around Carlo Ancelotti, and what to do with key players, which almost certainly involves offering Didier Drogba a new contract.
Drogba's gratitude for Hiddink re-energising his career was to score the equaliser at Wembley after Chelsea had fallen behind to Louis Saha's record 25-second opener.
The Londoners were well on top by then and continued to dominate throughout, even if Frank Lampard only scored a fine winner 18 minutes from time.
"When we started in February, everyone knows what the situation was," said Hiddink.
"There was this fear we would drift into fifth or sixth. Morale was not good.
"Roman wanted me to get Chelsea into the first three places to qualify for the Champions League. Then we had to set some other targets because the revival of the team has been terrific."
If Ancelotti is appointed, he will find a hungry and determined squad according to the man leaving them behind.
However, it is an inescapable fact some are much nearer the end of their careers than the start.
"The older players showed they can still perform very well and it is good to have a strong squad," said Hiddink.
"If you play 60 games a year, plus internationals, you must have the possibility to rest people.
"But it is beyond question that when older players get injured, it is harder for them to come back at the highest level."
This was all part of the Hiddink debrief, the Dutchman sad at only two things, the heartbreaking defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final and a fixture list that ensured he never got a chance to pit his wits against Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United.
Unlike Ferguson, who will soon have been at Old Trafford 23 years, Hiddink has never felt the need to stay in one place.
He prefers a more nomadic existence, as recent short spells with South Korea, Australia and now Russia have shown.
"Chelsea needs the next manager to stay for a long while," he said.
"But I like to move around. I like to build foundations. With South Korea, Australia and now Russia I have started with a team at a low level and moved them to a higher one.
"But I am not someone who can stay in one place for 14 years.
"Everyone is different and Sir Alex has done a great job.
"But, after a few years in one place, I don't feel I have the same efficiency."