• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chelsea Supporters Come In Here !!!

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, how many times when referees admit their mistake. The other s/f, the referee admitted his mistake by awarding the penalty to Arsenal and Fletcher being sent off.
Michel Platini must think for the future of football.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, how many times when referees admit their mistake. The other s/f, the referee admitted his mistake by awarding the penalty to Arsenal and Fletcher being sent off.
Michel Platini must think for the future of football.

platini does not want too many english team to go to final

platini must have ask the referee to give barca a lift

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsea may not have had the rub of the green at times but i don't think it is fair to say that "with a stroke of luck" Barca scored...that was in fact not the case...Chelsea switched off at the very last moment of all times...and Barca showed true resilience and courage of champions by not giving up even with a man less for 25 mins...Pep seemed to have conceded defeat by his sporting hug with Guus just before the equaliser...but then Iniesta's beauty of a goal turned Pep into Mourhino mark II @ Old Trafford in 2004'...football is indeed a funny game and it certainly ain't over till the fat lady sings...
Its sad that a referee decided the outcome of this game. Thats why US never support
football. Barca could not have a decent shot for 90 minutes and yet with a stroke of luck, they scored. Chelsea have themselves to be blamed, but then again, referee favoured Barca. Three clear penalties, all were denied. The true spirit of football destroyed by referee. Even in tennis, cameras need to decide the line call. Why not cameras to be used in critical penalty decisions. This is fair, the better team win. In
US, final have to be decided by number of games and where decisions decided by panel of judges.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. The referee I thot had a very bad game-Abidal's red card and not awarding a penalty to Chelsea when the player clearly used his arm to block Ballack's shot in the dying seconds. Sometimes referees do decide the outcome of matches.

Now we really have a final between the two best clubs in Europe and the tables dun lie.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a Chelsea fan, I have to admit that part of the blame has to go to Drogba's reputation for his over-theatrical falls inside the box

Real foul or not, a player his size shouldn't fall like a rag doll when challenged - it's more than enough to make any ref suspicious

The players' reactions at the end also didn't help things - especially Drogba and Ballack

They remind me of Eto'o's false accusations of racism after we beat them in 2005

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why he is sometimes known as Dogdrop:rolleyes::biggrin:...i tell you some Chelsea players are damn bloody sore losers...don't know how to lose graciously...same witch hunt with Anders Frisk seems to be playing itself out with Ovrebo...i mean this Dogbreath was acting like a vicious zulu warrior after the match and Ballack, i mean did he think he was playing rugby with Ovrebo when the ref refused his penalty appeal at the end??...these Chelsea players have been too use to getting away with their now all too common intimidatory tactics on refs...a very bad habit that was inculcated and encouraged by Mourhino...can't image what Mourhino would have done in this match:rolleyes:

Abidal's red card was hardly a red card...but did we see the Barca team go bananas and act aggressively towards Ovrebo...no...Chelsea's players need to learn how to behave properly and maturely...they are setting a bad example for kids...
As a Chelsea fan, I have to admit that part of the blame has to go to Drogba's reputation for his over-theatrical falls inside the box

Real foul or not, a player his size shouldn't fall like a rag doll when challenged - it's more than enough to make any ref suspicious

The players' reactions at the end also didn't help things - especially Drogba and Ballack

They remind me of Eto'o's false accusations of racism after we beat them in 2005

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
tough luck for Chelsea's fans.
this type of things will always happen eg referee's decision does not goes the way,wrong decision.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Betting house refunds bets on Blues
May 09, 2009

A TOP bookmaker in England has reacted strongly to the astonishing refereeing in the Champions League semi-final.

Paddy Power wasted no time in pledging to refund bets placed on Chelsea to win the encounter and to qualify for the Champions League final.

Chelsea, who were on course for a Champions League final repeat with Manchester United, were seemingly denied at least four penalty appeals and then lost out after an injury-time e winning strike from Barcelona's Andres Iniesta.

Paddy Power said: 'The refereeing in tonight's match was disgraceful and we're not going to let our punters suffer because of that nonsense.

Money back

'Anyone who backed Chelsea to win in 90 minutes or to qualify for the Champions League final will get their money back.' - Wire Services.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Betting house refunds bets on Blues
May 09, 2009

A TOP bookmaker in England has reacted strongly to the astonishing refereeing in the Champions League semi-final.

Paddy Power wasted no time in pledging to refund bets placed on Chelsea to win the encounter and to qualify for the Champions League final.

Chelsea, who were on course for a Champions League final repeat with Manchester United, were seemingly denied at least four penalty appeals and then lost out after an injury-time e winning strike from Barcelona's Andres Iniesta.

Paddy Power said: 'The refereeing in tonight's match was disgraceful and we're not going to let our punters suffer because of that nonsense.

Money back

'Anyone who backed Chelsea to win in 90 minutes or to qualify for the Champions League final will get their money back.' - Wire Services.

Smart fella. He used a bad situation to win customers. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game.Brilliant!!!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why he is sometimes known as Dogdrop:rolleyes::biggrin:...i tell you some Chelsea players are damn bloody sore losers...don't know how to lose graciously...same witch hunt with Anders Frisk seems to be playing itself out with Ovrebo...i mean this Dogbreath was acting like a vicious zulu warrior after the match and Ballack, i mean did he think he was playing rugby with Ovrebo when the ref refused his penalty appeal at the end??...these Chelsea players have been too use to getting away with their now all too common intimidatory tactics on refs...a very bad habit that was inculcated and encouraged by Mourhino...can't image what Mourhino would have done in this match:rolleyes:

Abidal's red card was hardly a red card...but did we see the Barca team go bananas and act aggressively towards Ovrebo...no...Chelsea's players need to learn how to behave properly and maturely...they are setting a bad example for kids...

It's a reflection of the frustrating year the Blues have been going through.

Most of them are at their prime or past it ... For many, this could be the last year they can play together.

Alfrescian
Loyal
The actual problem with Chelsea is the Russian Boss. He thinks money can buy instant success. Since the departure of Mourinho, Avram Grant made a good choice to take over.
Time was not on his side. The only way is to ask the Russian Mafia to "sit down and shut up" and allow the coach to settle down for a number of years, only then success can come.
It took four to five years for Alex Ferguson to win the Cup-Winners Cup. Since then,
all the trophies came easily, just like Arsene Wenger. These two had stayed as managers fo a long time. The bosses of the two clubs really sit down and shut up. I wish Hiddink wil take the job permanently.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
1:4 Arsenal away

Good to see Chelsea react positively to their CL disappointment

In Mourinho's biography, he said that the best thing for his team to do after a loss is to play the next game immediately. He gave the example of teaching his kids on horse riding - after a fall, get on the horse again. No time for fear to set in...

Like him or not, his gamesmanship and psychological strength Mourinho brought to the team during his 3 years there is invaluable. Hope he returns to Stamford Bridge as manager one day.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a ardent Chelsea fan but I think Chelsea have brought defeat upon themselves. They still have yet to learn not to haress the referee during the game. Arguing and haressing the referee breaks the rhythm and concentration of your teammates. It pissed me off to see a 150 000 pound a week Drogba lying down on the pitch just because he was not awarded a penalty while Barca is attacking. Someone should kick him in his arse for the chances that he had missed and that is what fans paid to see, to see him score goals and not to lie down on the pitch like a spoilt child. Last year it was Terry doing these stunts and it is prophetic that he were to miss the penalty.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
blame mourhino for that:rolleyes::biggrin:
I am a ardent Chelsea fan but I think Chelsea have brought defeat upon themselves. They still have yet to learn not to haress the referee during the game. Arguing and haressing the referee breaks the rhythm and concentration of your teammates. It pissed me off to see a 150 000 pound a week Drogba lying down on the pitch just because he was not awarded a penalty while Barca is attacking. Someone should kick him in his arse for the chances that he had missed and that is what fans paid to see, to see him score goals and not to lie down on the pitch like a spoilt child. Last year it was Terry doing these stunts and it is prophetic that he were to miss the penalty.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
blame mourhino for that:rolleyes::biggrin:

Mournhino won his debut season with the team he inherited from Rainieri. On the second season he were already losing grip with his own team. He was lucky he was sack preserving his legacy at Stanford Bridge, otherwise he would have suffered the same fate as Grant and Scolari after him who were playing with his team; then people can decide how good he actually is and that Roman was right in kicking him.

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool, their managers have settled down. Leaving Chelsea, still unsettled. The blame should fall on Roman. They have changed five managers for the past five years. If it aint broke, dont fix. They should have stick on Mourhino. Look at Real Madrid. They change their manager when they last won the Champion League and look what happen now. The same goes for Frank Rikaard when Barcelona won the CL few years ago. Ferguson and Wenger are the only two managers
whose clubs do not bother on them.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at Real Madrid. They change their manager when they last won the Champion League and look what happen now. The same goes for Frank Rikaard when Barcelona won the CL few years ago. Ferguson and Wenger are the only two managers whose clubs do not bother on them.

Real wants a Spaniard to manage the club and above all they want CL glory. For Barca there were trouble makers in the squad-Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto. The club removed the other two but failed to sell Eto as the player's wage demands were out of this world. He is no longer as loud as he was last season but his days at Nou Camp are certainly numbered.

Today Barcelona is having one of their golden periods where they are fighting on all fronts and this is in no small way due to mgmt's ability to make tough decisions- on the coach and the players they do not want to see at the club.
Seriously, I think Barca would have won the Spanish league on auto pilot mode-with or without Pep.

Chelsea and Arsenal can learn take a leaf or two out of this by removing some of the deadwood and players who are nothing but trouble from the start-Drogba,Ballack,RVP.Gallas and Ade.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The blame should fall on Roman. They have changed five managers for the past five years.

Sorry to say this but that's the way the rich East Europeans behave -- they love to flaunt their wealth.

I sensed things were going wrong when Chelsea signed Shev and Ballack in 06.