• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chelsea Supporters Come In Here !!!

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
congratulation to Chelsea for being in this year's FA Cup Final.
it is interesting to know who they will meet - Man U or Everton.
if it is Man Utd,there is also the chance that they will meet again in the Champion League.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsea the team to watch tonight. Barcelona will heart broken. When the going is tough, Chelsea will prevail.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched the recent Valencia v Barca game over the weekend which ended 2-2 and I think, notwithsatnding the game being played at the Mestalla, Guus and gang could have learnt quite alot from that game and taken heart that the trinity of Messi/Henry/E'to can be contained somewhat, also Barca's defence and Valdes are suspect at times...big big game for Lampard, Eissien, JT and his other defenders, Cech and frontman Drogba...if they can play flat out and control possession for the better part of 90 mins, crowding out Barca's midfield maestros Xabi and Iniesta and back Alves plus the Trinity then i think the blues have quite a good chance...strong mindset is going to be key...
Chelsea the team to watch tonight. Barcelona will heart broken. When the going is tough, Chelsea will prevail.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barca 0 Chelsea 0

Congratulations Chelsea. Chelsea had contained Barca, though they may not have
strted the game. They defended well. 2nd leg will see them attacking just like Man U had done last year.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiddink's analytical genuis pays off again

Good news hardman Puyol will be out next game

ATTAAAACK!!

jw5

Loyal
Barca 0 Chelsea 0

Congratulations Chelsea. Chelsea had contained Barca, though they may not have
strted the game. They defended well. 2nd leg will see them attacking just like Man U had done last year.
I don't see how this is a good result for Chelsea.
Barca can score at Stamford Bridge, and for every goal they score, Chelsea will have to score one more.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got a point here on the away goals thinggy but the flip side is that the Blues now have home advantage which should not be discounted...the way I see it, both sides have now got to play for a win...but then again this may be headed for a shoot out if both sides carry on like then did last night at nous camp...start getting those ipods updated with each other's pen takers and keeper stats boys:biggrin:
Barca can score at Stamford Bridge, and for every goal they score, Chelsea will have to score one more.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I think it depends on whether you can appreciate the nuances of the game sans goals...Guus' tactics were spot on and his lads kept their cool discipline and commitment...as for Barca, man they really reminded of the great Brazilian team of 1970WC except for one vital point, their inability to convert and finish off their chances with a killer goal...well I think we are now all set for a thriller at the Bridge, I hope:cool:
Probably one of the worse CL games ever.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
but to a Blue,it was an well-planned match.
they managed to held Barcelona to a nil-nil draw.
advantage must be to Chelsea and they must be confident to go thru.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Le Blue leaking goals at the bridge, I thot they would have taken the cue to be a little bit more ambitious and aim for an away goal at least. Now all the pressure is on the defenders to hold up at the Bridge but I'll still put my money on Chelsea making it to the final by an odd goal.

Yup, Barca do play beautiful football reminscent of the samaba boys from the 70's and 82.

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chelsea will score at Stamford Bridge. That was what Man U did last year against Barca. Chelsea will attack and to score. At Nou camp, you may be disappointed at Chelsea's play. You see, most of the time, they tried to hold on the ball and pass back to their goalkeeper. So as to upset Barca's play. The same thing when they complained Man U not playing but defend. Hindink must have learn a thing of two from Ferguson. With home ground advantage, Chelsea will prevail and yet another all English final. Hooray, Chelsea will lift the cup.

jw5

Loyal
You got a point here on the away goals thinggy but the flip side is that the Blues now have home advantage which should not be discounted...the way I see it, both sides have now got to play for a win...but then again this may be headed for a shoot out if both sides carry on like then did last night at nous camp...start getting those ipods updated with each other's pen takers and keeper stats boys:biggrin:
Barca does not need to play for a win.
A 1-1 draw will be enough for them.

jw5

Loyal
Chelsea will score at Stamford Bridge. That was what Man U did last year against Barca. Chelsea will attack and to score. At Nou camp, you may be disappointed at Chelsea's play. You see, most of the time, they tried to hold on the ball and pass back to their goalkeeper. So as to upset Barca's play. The same thing when they complained Man U not playing but defend. Hindink must have learn a thing of two from Ferguson. With home ground advantage, Chelsea will prevail and yet another all English final. Hooray, Chelsea will lift the cup.
Man Utd were very lucky last year. A 1-1 draw at Old Trafford would have been enough to see Barca through last year.
Of course it is right to say that Chelsea will have home advantage, but if Barca sneak a goal in the first few minutes, Chelsea will have to spend the whole game trying to score 2, which may allow Barca to further increase their lead.
In my opinion, it is always important to score away, or keep a clean sheet at home.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps...but do keep in mind that when a team attacks it leaves itself vulnerable to counter attacks...and Barca are no ordinary team when it comes to attacking footie...attack for attack, Barca wins regardless where and probably who it plays (perhaps Man U fans may disagree on the latter:biggrin:) ...it appears that the key to neutralising Barca's game is to crowd the middle of the park and prevent its players from holding onto to possession for as long as possible...saying that with both Marquez and Puyol sidelined for the return, Blues need to exploit this added advantage in further weakness to Barca's defence...all in it is going to be an interesting tie:cool:

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsean to beat Barcelona today. If Barca scores, Chelsea will score to win the game. Another set up with Man U in the Final. This time Chelsea can avenge their defeat. If Barca through to the final against Man U. Man U will have their proud record, not having losing in the European Final. If Barca in the final, Man U will win the Cup and if Chelsea, Man U will lose.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its sad that a referee decided the outcome of this game. Thats why US never support
football. Barca could not have a decent shot for 90 minutes and yet with a stroke of luck, they scored. Chelsea have themselves to be blamed, but then again, referee favoured Barca. Three clear penalties, all were denied. The true spirit of football destroyed by referee. Even in tennis, cameras need to decide the line call. Why not cameras to be used in critical penalty decisions. This is fair, the better team win. In
US, final have to be decided by number of games and where decisions decided by panel of judges.

jw5

Loyal
There should be a video referee like in rugby union, whom the referee can turn to for key decisions like penalty calls and goal-line incidents.
The teams should also be allowed a limited number of challenges per match, like in tennis, where they can request for video review of key decisions.