• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can someone who became another country's Citizen come back to Singapore?

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, you are correct. Die Die they want to ensure that chap who is not interested in being a citizen of Singapore, waste 2 years of his youth to get out of Singapore. :mad: :mad:

That is the very unforgiving Singapore. 60% agrees with it. What to do? What a waste of time and resouces. :eek: :mad:

I disagree on the 60%..i believe it 95% of all Singaporean who has served NS agrees that any Singaporean who siam NS deserve to be hanged. I have gone through it so have countless bros here,,,we waste our time too, so y must others be given the opportunity to siam? No chances should be given to any desserter under any circumstances.

Hello Bro Sotong,,ok this is a time I disagree with you as you are creating a 2 class system,,tell me even those who stay or F off,,who want to serve? so those want to leave, no need to serve,,those stay must serve..its bad enough that Sinkies are treated as 3rd class citizens in their own homeland,,now U want to add them into to 4th tier? Than all leave lah and dont serve..what would happen? Laws are applied equally to all,,,they can serve their NS in prison for all I care. if they are a security risk..those that serve made sacrifices,,and all male Sinkies must serve.,..that is it,.

I am all for changing NS..but till its change,,the system remains,,the law gets kept. I want a professional standing army,,with maybe 50K men,,and a short or no conscription,,for civil defense etc,...like mudland,,6 mths only,,,holiday camp...the Enlistment act remains that same,

Bro Neddy and u want to be magnanimous,,I have seen how this sort of shit create distortions in ang mor land,,and SIngapore should adopt a better system. That is what I call Left wing liberal bullshit. So we all made to serve,,those that desert gets treated as deserters and face the full punishment as defined in the law.

And why is there not a campaign to change National Service? the current system benefits the elites as if we have a professional army,,what is going to happen to all those full time NS men? they will be fucked,,and Chartered industries can screw themselves too,,,the whole civil service will be a disaster,,so PAP just continue feeding this NS monster to maintain power,,want to change,,change NS..not make it easier for deserters to siam,,,

Hello Bro The_Hypocrite, thanks for your quick reply. 拿的起, 放的下. :o

I can understand your frustration. You felt you wasted your time. You are unwilling to serve just like almost everybody. It is the 超级白's NS policies & treatment of foreigners policies that really upset you. Whether the others siam or not, that is secondary. More than 60% do not agree that NS should be served in the laboratory. Perhaps you may be barking up the wrong tree. :confused: :rolleyes:

Following your reasoning about the various classes, what about the females? Singaporean females are exempted from NS altogether. They can do nursing, some form social work attached to elderly home & welfare home, manning call center etc etc. Plenty of opportunities. How about them? Look, I don't want to draw this into discussion. Just wanting to point out the imbalance of your thoughts. :rolleyes:

Why no campaign to change the NS policies? Coz the 超级白 made it imposssible for any campaign. Of course that 60% agree with the 超级白. You can start a campaign with Bro Tonychat. Just joking. :biggrin: :biggrin:

The solution therefore is to vote out the 超级白 come 2016. Only after the 超级白 are removed from power then there will be opportunity to redress this very unforgiving and very unfair policy as well as ensuring that those foreigners don't get away with it and passing snide remarks which frustrate you even more. :mad: :mad:

Whatever it is, we all agree to disagree. This is just a forum where differing views are shared. Lets just move on okay? Have a good weekend. Cheers!! :wink: :smile:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A really good point,,,but hor also abit unfair as the parents would have got subsidised rate at the public hospital,,,but in todays PAP,,I heard the price between public and private hospital not much difference,,so ok lah,,give a little and let the baby go,,but for foreigners,,they get the full price +++ to differentiate between local and Foreigner

Bro The_Hypocrite, you want to talk about unfairness? :confused:

Why don't you start asking how come that shorty MBT who screwed up Singapore's housing big time deserves that fat pension? :mad:

What about the other shorty WKS who allowed a lame man escape from the prison and causing so much inconveniences to Singaporean deserves another even fatter pension. :mad: :mad:

Then you have the case of the old fart who moved to abolish Estate Duty Tax so that when his KGC kicked the bucket they need not have to pay any tax and more importantly need not have to declare their assests. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You want to talk about unfairness? :confused:

How do you intend to address unfairness of such?? :mad:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why no campaign to change the NS policies?

The solution therefore is to vote out the 超级白 come 2016.

Regarding NS for females, I propose NS for confirmed singles (defined as unmarried at the age of 35?). For married ones, OK to give exemption.

Your solution should be endorsable by almost everyone here.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regarding NS for females, I propose NS for confirmed singles (defined as unmarried at the age of 35?). For married ones, OK to give exemption.

Your solution should be endorsable by almost everyone here.

Fook Gor, NS for female unmarried at age 35 is a good idea. More pressure for them to be less picky ha ha. So that people like mopeng (opps, I hope he is not around ... sorry hor, if he is around. Not serious one okay) got a chance to marry a lady of his dream. :biggrin: :p

As for the endorsable part, no leh, you got ask Kinana or not? Ha ha... :biggrin: :p :*:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Neddy and u want to be magnanimous,,I have seen how this sort of shit create distortions in ang mor land,,and SIngapore should adopt a better system. That is what I call Left wing liberal bullshit. So we all made to serve,,those that desert gets treated as deserters and face the full punishment as defined in the law.

A Liberal can be Right Wing as well, in the case of OZ.

I am not Left Wing, I am Centre Right.

I believe punishment must fit its purpose. I also believe in various shades of grey.

Dr Tony Tan's son did not serve FULL NS, is he a deserter AWOL?

A Deserter is a serious offence so we must know the cause and mete out the proper punishment.

Singapore has a one-size-fit-all approach to solving problems.
(One instance of this is - PAP is Singapore, Opposition is anti-Singapore, So Avoid JBJ when you see him selling The Hammer. It is no good to be seen buying the newsletter. Sorry JBJ not not leaving him in peace, but people actually avoid stand near him in MRT when he was alive, I saw with my own eyes - a lonely chap.)

Eg 2
How many American university dropouts became successful. Dropouts are bad news in Singapore. Hey, there are good dropouts and bad dropouts.

This, I do not approve because there are enough evidence to show that it cause more harm than benefits.

Of course a lot of people did not realise, because you have no access to full information.

Anyway I decided not to zap you not because I am magnanimous, but because it has not reached the point where you deserved to be zapped.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Singapore minor whether male or female cannot renounce their citizenship until they reach 21 years even if they hold a foreign citizenship. A male cannot renounce citizenship as stated below until completion of NS liabilities which includes appropriate punishment for defaulters.

Melvyn Tan was not approached by anyone but approached the authorities. He was fined $3k and he did do some free performances but the authorities will not admit to the latter. The laws were changed to increase the maximum of fine because of the case. Deferment to do further was withdrawn well before Melvyn Tan's case.

Melvyn Tan's case is a major blight on local legal landscape as many Singaporean defaulters with similar circumstances have gone to jail as well as had to do NS. Here is one case that was reported in the press. Father and son ignored MINDEF letter and proceeded for tertiary education overseas. After completion of studies, son returns to Singapore and is promptly arrested. Subsequently convicted and jailed. Upon release goes on to complete full NS liabilities. These cased are common. Note the difference between this and Melvyn case. In many of these cases bonds are automatically seized.

What if the male minor was born overseas, his parent(s) applied for SG citizenship for him, he neither lived nor attended school(s) in SG.
Based on the info available on this forum, this male minor should apply for deferment from NS at age 11 or 12, but cannot renounce SG citizenship until age 21.
Will the SG govt allow this male individual to renounce his SG citizenship, without serving NS?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I disagree on the 60%..i believe it 95% of all Singaporean who has served NS agrees that any Singaporean who siam NS deserve to be hanged. I have gone through it so have countless bros here,,,we waste our time too, so y must others be given the opportunity to siam? No chances should be given to any desserter under any circumstances.

If that chap comes back and gets hanged for dessertion, i will shed no tears..i fulfilled my obligations so did everyone else,,so no sympathy

Also wat makes me dulan is those PRs who come here, go to schools etc at tax payers expense,,than f off when called up for ns..than come back on work permits, this should not have happen and they need to be forced to pay the money back + be black listed from getting any work permits...their parents should also be deported n all assets seized by the state

I agree with you, especially that part about PR's who attend school in SG, then skip NS, but return to SG as FT (professionals, or work permit, or whatever).
The govt. should and must place such individuals on a "NO ENTRY" list, not as a tourist, not as a FT or foreign worker, future PR.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What if the male minor was born overseas, his parent(s) applied for SG citizenship for him, he neither lived nor attended school(s) in SG.
Based on the info available on this forum, this male minor should apply for deferment from NS at age 11 or 12, but cannot renounce SG citizenship until age 21.
Will the SG govt allow this male individual to renounce his SG citizenship, without serving NS?

All the details regarding this issue have already been covered many times over. Just do a search in this section. There is no point revisiting the subject over and over again. There's even a sticky dedicated to frequently asked questions.

mopeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fook Gor, NS for female unmarried at age 35 is a good idea. More pressure for them to be less picky ha ha. So that people like mop eng (opps, I hope he is not around ... sorry hor, if he is around. Not serious one okay) got a chance to marry a lady of his dream. :biggrin: :p

As for the endorsable part, no leh, you got ask Kinana or not? Ha ha... :biggrin: :p :*:

:o :( :mad: :biggrin:

mopeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has a one-size-fit-all approach to solving problems.
(One instance of this is - PAP is Singapore, Opposition is anti-Singapore, So Avoid JBJ when you see him selling The Hammer. It is no good to be seen buying the newsletter. Sorry JBJ not not leaving him in peace, but people actually avoid stand near him in MRT when he was alive, I saw with my own eyes - a lonely chap.)

Long time ago saw JBJ selling the Hammer at Raffles Place alone. Almost all avoided him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment that They apply for SG citizenship they become eligible for NS. But they need to apply for deferment an early age, previously 11 now tied to exit permit age of 13. If they go past these, they will have to do NS. No ifs and buts.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Long time ago saw JBJ selling the Hammer at Raffles Place alone. Almost all avoided him.

Somehow, it took Singaporeans longer to loosen Lee Kuan Yew stranglehold on Singapore. JBJ could not do it alone.

I thought JBJ was an enemy of the country of Singapore, an outcast with no relevence in PAP's Singapore. He was not.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Govt archaic policies cannot keep up with a "global" city, global population movement has never been greater. Singaporeans caught up in this movement stigmatized.

Singaporeans became quitters and now foreigners invade Singapore.
Boys born to Singaporean quitters suffer. Only boys.

FTs became a political issue. PAP lost a GRC. The story continues ...

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
doesn't help playing punk with sg authorities on ns liabilities. clean up paperwork, dot all i's and cross all t's, ensure there's no discrepancy, false declarations, loose ends. follow the guidelines posted by many here and observe timelines and do's and don'ts. but if there's no proper closure and your grown son has liabilities, has absconded thru' no fault of his own, but wants to visit sg, my advice is to write to the proper authorities and have the limbo rock resolved for good, even if it means paying a fine, doing ns and or going to detention. i have always said sg is an important hub a dud dub. sooner or later, if you're in international business, banking, or in a high tech or biotech profession, you'll have to attend important conferences in sg. your career and company will take a suspicious turn if you keep giving excuses of having allergic reactions to travel to sg. and for many, you have family in sg too. your son will be missing out on granny birthdays, funerals, cousins' weddings, family reunions, etc. do it timely, proper, right and don't run away from old mistakes that may not be 100% your own.

Raphael85

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment that They apply for SG citizenship they become eligible for NS. But they need to apply for deferment an early age, previously 11 now tied to exit permit age of 13. If they go past these, they will have to do NS. No ifs and buts.

That's correct.

You hear it first from www.sammyboy.com.

We should have a dedicated "Scroobal Guide to NS Deferment that the Singapore Garman will not tell you".

I am not sure where scroobal got his information from but this stuff is old news in expat forums. I have been researching for a long time since 2009 and have came across all kinds of interesting scenarios, from the "inside" to what's "blatantly" shown upfront with the public. There's a lot of hidden complicated procedures that is being used to "ensnare" those who are careless in making reckless decisions when they took the exit train...

doesn't help playing punk with sg authorities on ns liabilities. clean up paperwork, dot all i's and cross all t's, ensure there's no discrepancy, false declarations, loose ends. follow the guidelines posted by many here and observe timelines and do's and don'ts. but if there's no proper closure and your grown son has liabilities, has absconded thru' no fault of his own, but wants to visit sg, my advice is to write to the proper authorities and have the limbo rock resolved for good, even if it means paying a fine, doing ns and or going to detention. i have always said sg is an important hub a dud dub. sooner or later, if you're in international business, banking, or in a high tech or biotech profession, you'll have to attend important conferences in sg. your career and company will take a suspicious turn if you keep giving excuses of having allergic reactions to travel to sg. and for many, you have family in sg too. your son will be missing out on granny birthdays, funerals, cousins' weddings, family reunions, etc. do it timely, proper, right and don't run away from old mistakes that may not be 100% your own.

Well said, I concur fully on what's being written here. Let those who understand, read this and commit it to memory.

boomtown

Alfrescian
Loyal

what if a chap who left sg when he was, say 16, and decide to come back when he is now, say 50 years old? or 60 or 70? is there a age waiver?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
what if a chap who left sg when he was, say 16, and decide to come back when he is now, say 50 years old? or 60 or 70? is there a age waiver?

Your question is "Is there a statute of limitations?".

The answer is no.

Even if there were, the prosecution could argue that the offense is ongoing to the point when you finally return.