• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Busted: FTs faking qualifications to get a job in Singapore

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The fact that foreigners are willing to go the the extent of faking their qualifications in order to work in the country show that Singapore is a desirable country to work in.

For that, you have to thank the PAP.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately, some of these folks can just change their names and come back with a new/borrowed passport unless some biometric functions are/already implemented.

Had someone who was sent back after he was found to be using his brothers passport and credentials.

There are many of shipyard workers doing this.
This has been going on for many years and yet MOM doesn't bother to check on them.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes but for the PAP to be stupid enough to accept them without verification.

We have to blame PAP for that.

The fact that foreigners are willing to go the the extent of faking their qualifications in order to work in the country show that Singapore is a desirable country to work in.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not just about the education qualification. Those ah neh pundeks from India are really fuckers when it comes to making a commitment and delivering the good as promised.

One coordinator kena screwed by me badly after he kept revising the date to submit report to me.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If MOM really walk the talk to check on FTs qualifications, you won' be surprised that at least 50% of all those ah neh, pinoy and PRC will be using one.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why need to fake uni degree? In countries like India, there are so many universities. If you can't get into one, you must be one hell of a moron.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why need to fake uni degree? In countries like India, there are so many universities. If you can't get into one, you must be one hell of a moron.

Not many of those ah neh can afford to get into universities.
Those who have the $$$ can even get a genuine cert for instant certification without studying.
Those who don't have much $$$ will get a fake cert.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
But some dont need academic qualifications. Atheletcis, tennis coaches, etc are all here
stealing our locals rice bowls. Coaching at infant level. I cant believe that they are accepted here.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But some dont need academic qualifications. Atheletcis, tennis coaches, etc are all here
stealing our locals rice bowls. Coaching at infant level. I cant believe that they are accepted here.

one is supposed to be qualified to teach sports even at infant level....

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The fact is none of these coaches can bring our local Sillypore sportsman to the next level to compete in Olympics.
The gahbrament ended up having to import them and claimed their victory as ours.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes I agree. But some local org here recruit them here and take a cut fn them.
There are loopholes in MOM. Pinoy fren of mine, no academic. Given LTVP to
look for job here. Was a pump attendant there. At the 10th month, he was
lucky to be recruited to b a coach. Next, his village frens came over.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

From pump attendant to coach, there's a pretty good jump.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now, now... if the checking and filtering were too stringent, how would Singapore attain 6.9 million population by 2030? :wink:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But dont Immigration take photos when a foreigner pass through immigration? computers and image recognition software so sophisticated these days,,,sure can identify. Just ICA sleeping on the job...

Unfortunately, some of these folks can just change their names and come back with a new/borrowed passport unless some biometric functions are/already implemented.

Had someone who was sent back after he was found to be using his brothers passport and credentials.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is really common. i know a PRC woman who came to Singapore as a factory worker. she has secondary school education in China. she is now teaching Chinese in a tuition centre. her highest education now is a graduate from a Shaanxi university. her Facebook info also change, from secondary school to university graduate. she simply doesn't care at all. it doesn't matter if people who knew her find it weird how come now suddenly university graduate in Facebook ? she told me that her PRC friends in Singapore also do this kind of thing.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is really common. i know a PRC woman who came to Singapore as a factory worker. she has secondary school education in China. she is now teaching Chinese in a tuition centre. her highest education now is a graduate from a Shaanxi university. her Facebook info also change, from secondary school to university graduate. she simply doesn't care at all. it doesn't matter if people who knew her find it weird how come now suddenly university graduate in Facebook ? she told me that her PRC friends in Singapore also do this kind of thing.

It's only Facebook, who cares! People can put anything there.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Nothing new. Took place at least a decade ago. Few are exposed. Only the kan si nang suay ones are.

Know of one FT hired as a senior manager drawing $15k per month. First day on the job everyone that talked to him knew something screwed up because he knew nuts. His team was demoralized within a week. He lasted less than 2 months and was asked to go.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's so onerous about faking qualifications? If they willing to castrate themselves to work in sinkieland, then we will be impressed.